Author Topic: SDCC 2023 Open Registration will be Saturday, November 5  (Read 13845 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: SDCC 2023 Open Registration will be Saturday, November 5
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2022, 02:39:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If, during Open Registration, you are able to purchase the days you couldn't get during Returning Registration...are you charged the $10 handling fee per member again? So for my family of 5 I already paid $50....Will I get charged $50 again?

The fee was already paid in Returning Registration since each member already has a badge!

See response in
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2022, 03:45:35 PM »
Badge Buying Groups

If you are working in a badge buying group, make sure that you are only in a group with people you trust. Everyone in your group must operate within their own instance of the waiting room. If we detect that a participant has shared their waiting room information or URL, they will be removed from the registration queue and any transactions linked to it will be canceled immediately. Buying groups can be helpful, but we’ve seen an increasing number of people get shut out due to disorganized efforts.

I'm not quite sure what this means here. What "waiting room information" are we talking about? The unique ID that's at the bottom of the page? Also, didn't everyone have the same URL. pr was that ID part of the URL? What is there to be gained by sharing it? If you open up that URL in a new browser, does that mean you inherit the queue position?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:55:16 PM »

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2022, 05:09:47 PM »
If buying for someone who got 4 days in Returning reg but they are only trying for preview night since they missed preview night, they have to buy all 4 days again?

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2022, 05:29:04 PM »
If buying for someone who got 4 days in Returning reg but they are only trying for preview night since they missed preview night, they have to buy all 4 days again?
If someone already has 4 days, the only option given would be for preview night.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2022, 05:31:47 PM »
No. you can not buy twice. You just only have to get preview night. You are only allowed to purchase the missing days.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2022, 07:27:18 PM »
No. you can not buy twice. You just only have to get preview night. You are only allowed to purchase the missing days.

I understood that much. I just didn't think it gave the option to only buy preview night if you had the other nights already. Wasn't sure if they would make you buy them and then just cancel your previous 4 day.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2022, 08:23:40 PM »
There is no need for pre login yet again before hitting the waiting room.

I see that in the long instructions now.  I thought you did have to login to get in the waiting room from the email announcement.  Which says

The badge sale will take place in the Member ID Portal where the virtual waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PDT.

You must be able to log in to your Member ID account on the day of the sale."

Which I thought meant you had to login to the Member Portal to get in the waiting room.  But they clearly say you don't in the long instructions.

So the game is on just like last time.  Unless they link the queue it session to browser signatures or session cookies.  If they do, then they can tell if the session has been swapped to another browser.

I'm not quite sure what this means here. What "waiting room information" are we talking about? The unique ID that's at the bottom of the page? Also, didn't everyone have the same URL. pr was that ID part of the URL? What is there to be gained by sharing it? If you open up that URL in a new browser, does that mean you inherit the queue position?

Yes, that unique ID at the bottom of the page.  Anyone using that URL will then have that place in line.  So it is possible to transfer your place in line to someone else.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2022, 06:51:45 AM »
Email went out last night. Got on at 3:30am ish

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2022, 09:08:32 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but preview night is mostly about getting into the exhibit hall a day early.  So it's great if you are looking for exclusives.  For someone like me that rarely even goes to the exhibit hall, it's not really worth it right?  There's not something like a party up in sails is there?

I passed on preview night during returning registration and now I'm wondering if I should try for it during open.
There's also _some_ panel stuff that night (lots of TV episode airings, and sometimes IIRC a WB/DC animated premier movie).  I like PN in the Exhibit Hall as it lets me get a lay of the land before I get busy with panels.  I also am the guy that likes all SDCC, and the few times I've not had PN I always feel like I'm missing out on SDCC fun.

But, if you don't care about the Exhibit Hall that much (PN is one of the lesser crowded days so you can get booth swag easier), or TV stuff, then PN is not a big deal to skip.  If you have FOMO, then def. get PN  :P

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2022, 09:13:18 AM »
So early!

Yeah this feels earlier than at least most years for Returning Registration.  For me, I will be too busy with marching band rehearsal (that starts at 9 and will be in the football stadium) to be able to help anyone in the group: not that being available for Returning Reg did anyone any good.

Oh well; I guess at this point the million dollar question is "when will CCI open up badge sales for Pros?  #Impatient  :P

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2022, 11:13:47 AM »
Yeah this feels earlier than at least most years for Returning Registration.  For me, I will be too busy with marching band rehearsal (that starts at 9 and will be in the football stadium) to be able to help anyone in the group: not that being available for Returning Reg did anyone any good.

Oh well; I guess at this point the million dollar question is "when will CCI open up badge sales for Pros?  #Impatient  :P
Asked and answered at 10:30am this morning: Pro Registration is now OPEN!!

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2022, 12:08:27 PM »
I have a feeling that with this new system that has you log into the account it is going to change the odds of who gets badges.  I know for at least me I had about 9 accounts I was using for open as just has friends forwarding me their email from CCI.  Think I'm going to be using closer to 3-4 this year.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2022, 03:39:30 PM »
Payment Methods

Comic-Con accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express only. We do not accept PayPal or other online payment systems. If your debit card has a Visa or MasterCard logo, you will be able to use it for purchase.
You can log in to your Member ID account and save your credit card information under “My Payment Methods” ahead of the sale. If you’re selected for a registration session, having your credit card information pre-saved helps maximize your 15-minute time limit.

Looks like the Payment card needs to be re-added to be pre-saved for Open Registration.  Currently showing as blank in Account Payment Methods.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2022, 03:47:21 PM »
Looks like the Payment card needs to be re-added to be pre-saved for Open Registration.  Currently showing as blank in Account Payment Methods.

I noticed that too - that is definitely inconvenient for those that don't check their Member ID page before registration.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2022, 03:54:47 PM »
Quick reminder: don't just add a card, mark it as the primary payment source.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"