Author Topic: CCI 2012 Badge Resales  (Read 33022 times)

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: Badge Resale- There is new hope!
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2012, 07:38:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
BADGE RE-SALES: A new hope!  >> part of the message I received (on March 9) from CCI includes this..."...Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale. You must have a valid and confirmed Member ID account to receive this notification. It is imperative that you do not "opt-out" of email correspondence if you want to receive this special resale email. When the Member ID system reopens shortly, please login to your account to review your opt-out preferences and make changes as necessary. We anticipate that the Member ID system will reopen (for log in only)by late next week. "

Thanks marcia29 and Zero, that is exactly what I will do.  You guys have been great!
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Offline morganville

• Sails Pavilion
Re: Badge Resale- There is new hope!
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
BADGE RE-SALES: A new hope!  >> part of the message I received (on March 9) from CCI includes this..."...Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale. You must have a valid and confirmed Member ID account to receive this notification. It is imperative that you do not "opt-out" of email correspondence if you want to receive this special resale email. When the Member ID system reopens shortly, please login to your account to review your opt-out preferences and make changes as necessary. We anticipate that the Member ID system will reopen (for log in only)by late next week. "

Question: my husband just brought up a good point.  CCi states "will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone whomissed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale.  Does that mean that if we got "some" badges that we don't qualify?  I'm nervous, help!?!
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.  "Eleonara", Edgar Allan Poe

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: CCI 2012 Badge Resales
« Reply #32 on: Today at 12:12:40 PM »

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
Re: Badge Resale
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2012, 10:54:32 PM »
Question: my husband just brought up a good point.  CCi states "will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone whomissed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale.  Does that mean that if we got "some" badges that we don't qualify?  I'm nervous, help!?!
I was wondering this as well, but the more I think about it, the more I don't think that they would do that if they are going to keep the member ID system locked out until after the Resale date.

Then again, I'm not going to pretend to know the thoughts of the powers that be. I figure that, if they don't tell me, then I'll just tell my friends (the ones that did not get tickets) to keep me apprised of the goings on.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2012, 11:35:03 PM »
Thanks marcia29 and Zero, that is exactly what I will do.  You guys have been great!
You're welcome!  Glad that I could help. ^-^d

I was wondering this as well, but the more I think about it, the more I don't think that they would do that if they are going to keep the member ID system locked out until after the Resale date.

Then again, I'm not going to pretend to know the thoughts of the powers that be. I figure that, if they don't tell me, then I'll just tell my friends (the ones that did not get tickets) to keep me apprised of the goings on.
Same here.  I'm curious about that statement as well. Although... I think it would be very time-consuming if CCI were to filter out the Member IDs who have already purchased badges (I mean, I suppose EPIC could go into the badge registration system and find a way to do that, but I feel that it would be unlikely). I kind of expect them to just send out another e-mail with the resale information and details, ha ha.

However, this is all speculation, so for now, we'll just to have to sit tight, wait it out, and check our e-mails often...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 05:06:25 AM »
<snip>

Same here.  I'm curious about that statement as well. Although... I think it would be very time-consuming if CCI were to filter out the Member IDs who have already purchased badges (I mean, I suppose EPIC could go into the badge registration system and find a way to do that, but I feel that it would be unlikely). I kind of expect them to just send out another e-mail with the resale information and details, ha ha.

However, this is all speculation, so for now, we'll just to have to sit tight, wait it out, and check our e-mails often...
Given CCI's policy to cancel previously bought badges if you buy a new badge i.e. you buy a single then get a 4day, the single is canceled & refunded.  I have to think, the statement ."...Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale." means that people will be notified and be able to upgrade or add days.
just my 2 cents...
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 01:55:38 PM »
I think it would be very time-consuming if CCI were to filter out the Member IDs who have already purchased badges (I mean, I suppose EPIC could go into the badge registration system and find a way to do that, but I feel that it would be unlikely). I kind of expect them to just send out another e-mail with the resale information and details, ha ha.

I'm wondering if they have the ability to know who was in the waiting room when the badge sales shut down?  I don't know... they would have to go by IP address in that case.

It seems like they would just notify every member ID. But if not, you KNOW someone will post it here or on the Facebook wall.

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 04:14:39 PM »
I think it would be very time-consuming if CCI were to filter out the Member IDs who have already purchased badges (I mean, I suppose EPIC could go into the badge registration system and find a way to do that, but I feel that it would be unlikely). I kind of expect them to just send out another e-mail with the resale information and details, ha ha.

I'm wondering if they have the ability to know who was in the waiting room when the badge sales shut down?  I don't know... they would have to go by IP address in that case.

It seems like they would just notify every member ID. But if not, you KNOW someone will post it here or on the Facebook wall.

Even then, though, it isn't that hard to change one's IP address. If you have the basic know-how (which I'm assuming that most nerds do) of computer and network programming, then changing your IP, as you might know, is something that happens quite often, actually.

Anyway, I've sent an email to The Powers That Be, so we'll see what they have to say on the matter.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
<snip> If you have the basic know-how (which I'm assuming that most nerds do) of computer and network programming,<snip>

Remember how many people didn't copy/paste the address into the browser....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 05:45:07 PM »
 :-[ Yeah, well, even a computer programmer can make mistakes. Now that I know, though... Either way, knowing before hand that you need to change your IP and trusting that a link is going to work in the heat of the moment are different. I mean, now that I think about it, I probably should have typed it in, but at the time I trusted that the link would work.

Anyway, I just want to apologize if any comments that I made came off as condescending, they weren't meant that way.

Offline Shelly196731

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
i had heard this might be a possibility too....

I also received an e-mail from them and to be honest, it did change my view of them. I'll admit, I was pretty angry about the whole thing, but the fact that they bothered to respond to my e-mail made me feel better about the whole incident. 
I do hope they consider allowing those who didn't get tickets because of the faulty link first. The other say I tried the link and it took me right to the Comic Con website. I'm not sure why we were'nt told just to do that in the first place.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2012, 07:01:06 PM »
:-[ Yeah, well, even a computer programmer can make mistakes. Now that I know, though... Either way, knowing before hand that you need to change your IP and trusting that a link is going to work in the heat of the moment are different. I mean, now that I think about it, I probably should have typed it in, but at the time I trusted that the link would work.

Anyway, I just want to apologize if any comments that I made came off as condescending, they weren't meant that way.
I don't think anyone took your comments that way- i certainly didn't.

the only reason i got the copy/paste so quickly was because i ran speed tests the night before, i.e. which was faster, clicking on the link or copy/pasting it into the browser- i actually had this elaborate plan on how cycle through the browsers, refreshing & then closing them because they said we'd only get one try per browser- <eyeroll>

Then my power went out at 7:10am pst.....and came back on at 7:57am pst--at which point I was a basket case & going on instinct. 

But back to your point, i tend to think cci won't be that complicated about it.  Can't they not allow new member id's while letting people make changes to existing ones?  Then lock the data base down until pass re-sale.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 07:06:23 PM by alyssa »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2012, 07:43:53 PM »
Given CCI's policy to cancel previously bought badges if you buy a new badge i.e. you buy a single then get a 4day, the single is canceled & refunded.  I have to think, the statement ."...Comic-Con will be sending out a very special resale notification to everyone who missed out on buying a badge during the March 3rd sale." means that people will be notified and be able to upgrade or add days.
just my 2 cents...
Yep, I would agree--I couldn't have expressed it in better words (ha ha).  As of right now, it sounds like this might be the most likely scenario.

the only reason i got the copy/paste so quickly was because i ran speed tests the night before, i.e. which was faster, clicking on the link or copy/pasting it into the browser- i actually had this elaborate plan on how cycle through the browsers, refreshing & then closing them because they said we'd only get one try per browser- <eyeroll>

Then my power went out at 7:10am pst.....and came back on at 7:57am pst--at which point I was a basket case & going on instinct. 

But back to your point, i tend to think cci won't be that complicated about it.  Can't they not allow new member id's while letting people make changes to existing ones?  Then lock the data base down until pass re-sale.
At any rate, based on what marcia29 wrote about her reply from CCI (broken link), I'm inclined to think that "We anticipate that the Member ID system will reopen (for log in only) by late next week" means that they'll keep the Member ID system closed to new registrations for the time being...  perhaps?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 06:08:18 PM by alyssa »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline andrewbrowning

• Freebie Table
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »
At any rate, based on what marcia29 wrote about her reply from CCI (broken link), I'm inclined to think that "We anticipate that the Member ID system will reopen (for log in only) by late next week" means that they'll keep the Member ID system closed to new registrations for the time being...  perhaps?
Well, if that is the case, then I could be all over that! Pair that with several things (last year they sold them at ten in the morning, I've been modifying my computer to have a faster DNS response, I'm better learned at what to do, and I bought a new modem (not for this specifically, it's been a long time coming.)) and I'm pretty set for this year! I mean, at this point, all my friends and I want to do is get to comic con on the same days as each other. There are only three of us, and I'm the only boy which means that I'm not going to feel too great if they are wandering around a strange city all on there own (not that they couldn't handle themselves, it's just the way that I operate), so, it would be better if we could all be at the con at the same time.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that we'll be happy with whatever we get (we're hoping for 4 days passes, but we are all also aware that that is probably a total pipedream).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 05:52:44 PM by alyssa »

Offline Spiderdan

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »
For those of you interested in possibly speeding up your Firefox browser:

Please note I am not promising anything, and if your not familiar with changing pc/browser settings you may not want to do this.  I did it for the last sale and I was number 710 but that was just as much luck as preparation!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 09:19:08 AM »
As of yesterday the Member ID login system was turned back on, but still no new registrations.

If they're smart, they'll prevent any new Member ID registrations until AFTER the Con.