Author Topic: COMIC-CON INTERNATIO​NAL 2014 ONLINE PREREGISTR​ATION Discussion Thread  (Read 225334 times)

Offline Applescruff

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
I'm very interested to see how this new system will work.  However, the bigger question for me will be whether Epic will continue to handle CC registration.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Gotta be a code. This is a good move by cci. But I really wonder how many people buy tix and en don't go. 1000?  More?

If you read the FB page, there are a decent amount of people who apparently bought badges and had supposed last minute circumstances that caused them not to be able to go. It's a bit amusing to see the whining.

personaly the only way i think scalping can be stopped is to check the id of everyone that enters the con, but i doubt thats feasible

Any steps to deter it just a little bit will help. Scalpers will almost always have a way around things but if little steps can be taken to make it more difficult, eventually it might not be financially worth it to find ways to circumvent the system and for CCI to get ahead of things.

I'm very interested to see how this new system will work.  However, the bigger question for me will be whether Epic will continue to handle CC registration.

I assume there's a contract between the 2 companies plus if CCI had Epic do the last resale, odds are good they still trust that Epic will figure it out. I think in previous years when they were about to switch, they used the last resale to try something new. I guess I shouldn't say that because there was a lottery BUT after the lottery, it was still the similar Epic system with just batched entry so maybe that'll be the tweak for next year.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
I will have two 1-day badges, a Thursday and a Sunday.  I guess the code will be the same on both?

Either way, I hope I have better luck with the next pre-registration than I did with last year's.  For one thing, I'm avoiding the Safari browser this time.

I'm in the same Thursday/Sunday boat, what would you recommend using instead? Firefox? Just curious.  :)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
I'm in the same Thursday/Sunday boat, what would you recommend using instead? Firefox? Just curious.  :)

Way too early to be worrying about which browser to use.

Other problem is that everyone swears by their browser and if you ask 4-5 people, you'll likely get an answer for each of the browsers as well as tablet and smartphones.

Offline angeladominguez

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
If you read the FB page, there are a decent amount of people who apparently bought badges and had supposed last minute circumstances that caused them not to be able to go. It's a bit amusing to see the whining.

Any steps to deter it just a little bit will help. Scalpers will almost always have a way around things but if little steps can be taken to make it more difficult, eventually it might not be financially worth it to find ways to circumvent the system and for CCI to get ahead of things.

I assume there's a contract between the 2 companies plus if CCI had Epic do the last resale, odds are good they still trust that Epic will figure it out. I think in previous years when they were about to switch, they used the last resale to try something new. I guess I shouldn't say that because there was a lottery BUT after the lottery, it was still the similar Epic system with just batched entry so maybe that'll be the tweak for next year.

Thank you! There are so many people WHINING!! This is a good rule. There is a ONE guy fighting for his pre-registration and he apparently bought all 4 days. Can you seriously not attend any of the four days?! Their are people who are crying over not going next week! What these people don't understand is that pre-registration is just like getting a general sale ticket. NOT everyone is going to get one.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
Thank you! There are so many people WHINING!! This is a good rule. There is a ONE guy fighting for his pre-registration and he apparently bought all 4 days. Can you seriously not attend any of the four days?! Their are people who are crying over not going next week! What these people don't understand is that pre-registration is just like getting a general sale ticket. NOT everyone is going to get one.

You do know that being rational won't help much on the FB CCI page right? ;D

Personally, I think most of their stories are made up and they are sitting on a Sunday badge but none of them will admit it.

I would just remind them that nothing was ever specifically announced re: 2014 pre-reg until today and that anything they had been doing up to this point was pure speculation on their part. That 2013 pre-reg was the first time that it was done the way it was and that 2012 pre-reg was also different so they have no grounds for saying a precedent had been set.

But you know know all this already. ;)

I didn't really want to engage but I got bored so I started responding to see what would happen.

Offline Matryoshka

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
Way too early to be worrying about which browser to use.

Other problem is that everyone swears by their browser and if you ask 4-5 people, you'll likely get an answer for each of the browsers as well as tablet and smartphones.

You're probably right, better to try and put this year to bed first before worrying about the next one.

Offline birmabang

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 63
With regards to a code on the badge, I'm guessing they may have a "scratcher" type of covering so as not to reveal the code until you're ready to use it...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6594
someone brought these up awhile ago in another thread, once you get your badge,

take a picture of it & save it off phone.  Just in case the worst does happen.

two lanyards

if they use the same badge holders as last year, perhaps some reinforcing tape where the lanyards connect.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
With regards to a code on the badge, I'm guessing they may have a "scratcher" type of covering so as not to reveal the code until you're ready to use it...

Now that's just being too logical.  ;D

Perhaps a void if scratched for this year's entry?

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 676
I got my email too! Pretty excited. I would expect its just a serial number that matches your member ID in the system. That's my guess!

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 579
Now that's just being too logical.  ;D

Perhaps a void if scratched for this year's entry?

Yeah , you can't take a picture because you'll void the badge for this year, that would be cool
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
Maybe a one use code one the badge?

I think the code would have to be tied in with your Member ID.

Imagine the auction for pre-reg codes if not linked.  :o

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
I know there's no other way they could do this but I wish I could go to Comic Con and not get so tense about whether or not I can get badges for next year. I'm not so worried after I succesfully preregister.

If last year's #s remain consistent, that would mean about 50% of the badges are made available for pre-reg.

A 1 in 2 chance of getting 2014 badges is pretty darn good. Not perfect but there was always going to be some people left out when the system is designed to be "fair".

Yzrfan

Nano-technology. After 2013 is over, the nano-bot will activate, jump off your 2013 badge, crawl thru your nose and embed itself in your brain. CCI is creator of Skynet.