Author Topic: COMIC-CON INTERNATIO​NAL 2014 ONLINE PREREGISTR​ATION Discussion Thread  (Read 243384 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE FOR IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

You will need your 2013 badge to register for 2014!

Preregistration for Comic-Con International 2014 attendee badges will be available online sometime after the convention. There will be no onsite preregistration at Comic Con 2013. Only those that have purchased a Comic-Con 2013 4-Day attendee or 1-Day attendee badge AND retain their actual badge will be eligible to participate in 2014 online preregistration.

To participate in Comic-Con International 2014 preregistration, you must retain your Comic-Con 2013 badge. Please do not throw away, give away, or lose your Comic-Con 2013 badge as it contains valuable information required to participate in preregistration.

Professionals, guests of professionals, exhibitors, exhibitor purchased attendee badges, volunteers, staff, and press will not be allowed to participate in online attendee preregistration.

Eligible attendees will be notified after Comic-Con 2013, via e-mail, with additional information regarding online preregistration. The notification will be sent to the e-mail associated with your Member ID account.

Please be sure to "opt-in" to e-mail correspondence to receive the preregistration badge sales announcement. To check your Member ID notification “opt-outs,” login to your account at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and select the option “Change my preferences/unsubscribe.”

Thank you very much for your support of Comic-Con, and stay tuned for additional 2014 preregistration details!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
Feel free to discuss here.

Think they have enough reminders in there to keep your badge?

I assume some type of code will be on the badge? Hopefully unique to each attendee.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I like this 'you must keep your badge' thing. It prevents people from buying a badge and not even showing up from participating in the presale, plus it helps prevent people sharing a badge or scalping/giving it away when they're 'done'.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
I will have two 1-day badges, a Thursday and a Sunday.  I guess the code will be the same on both?

Either way, I hope I have better luck with the next pre-registration than I did with last year's.  For one thing, I'm avoiding the Safari browser this time.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
this will only deter people who are buying badges and not picking them up, just so they can preregister the following year. other people, scalpers and such will just photocopy or take a picture of there badge before selling it.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
this will only deter people who are buying badges and not picking them up, just so they can preregister the following year. other people, scalpers and such will just photocopy or take a picture of there badge before selling it.

hopefully there will be some technology in it to prevent making copies. ;)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
Maybe a one use code one the badge?
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Billyconard

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 10
Gotta be a code. This is a good move by cci. But I really wonder how many people buy tix and en don't go. 1000?  More? 

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
I always keep my badge anyways so I'm not worried about that.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
hopefully there will be some technology in it to prevent making copies. ;)

personaly the only way i think scalping can be stopped is to check the id of everyone that enters the con, but i doubt thats feasible

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
It seems as tho cci is really trying to limit people who make copies of their badge.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Ab3tt3r2morrow

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
For sure, the learning curve (when it comes to keeping up with all aspects of Comic Con's continuing evolution) improves immensely from paying attention to the conversations running on FoCCI forums -- this developing one, now especially. Forewarned is forearmed.

Soon as I pick up my badge on Wednesday, it may prove handy having heightened awareness of where my badge is and if it's on securely or in a safe place. Throughout the days of the Con and after, it goes without saying.

After all, it never does cross one's mind 'til it's too late that a worse-case scenario happens. Badge protectors and the added FoCCI lanyard to the one Comic Con issues become great assets come Convention time.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
Until right before I enter the convention hall and right after I step out, I always hide my badge in my front pants pocket with a button.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Warren

• Exhibit Hall
I like this method since it doesn't distract from time at the con itself.  It was a pain to have to wait in line for registration last year which took hours away from other things.  I was able to get 4 single day tix onsite but got the 4 day with PVN during the online sale. 

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
I know there's no other way they could do this but I wish I could go to Comic Con and not get so tense about whether or not I can get badges for next year. I'm not so worried after I succesfully preregister.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews