Author Topic: Help: Professional Guest Badge Pick-Up Question  (Read 1873 times)

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
Help: Professional Guest Badge Pick-Up Question
« on: July 21, 2014, 09:56:42 AM »
Hello everyone,

I submitted this question to the comic-con contact email address twice already, but haven't gotten an official response yet (I imagine they are really busy right now) - so I thought I would submit it here also to see if anyone here knows the correct answer:

If you are a part of a group that includes a Professional, one paid guest, and one free guest - can anyone in that party pick-up the badges for themselves or the group?

Reason I ask is that it is possible that Professional in the group may not be able to attend on Wednesday, but the paid Guest will be able to and since they have paid, they would like to get into the Con starting Wednesday - It is possible, due to unforeseen circumstances  that the Pro in the group may not be able to attend until Thursday, Fri, or Saturday.

Thanks for any info - It would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
Re: Help: Professional Guest Badge Pick-Up Question
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 10:02:15 AM »
I've done this in the past, but iirc you need the bar codes for all badges you want to pick up.

This was in 2010 though, so not sure if they've changed it since then. It doesn't sound like you have another choice though -- it either works or it doesn't.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:16:07 AM »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:35:13 AM »
Thanks Trev - I have the Pro Reg paperwork that was sent to the Pro - this year there is only one bar code for the three of us (pro, paid guest, free guest) - but it also lists all of the names and the ending of my credit card number for the paid guest (me) - and, of course, I have my ID - so here is hoping that I can at least get my paid guest badge. If anyone has additional info that would be great :)

Offline habohet

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
I'm in the same boat, except I'm the lagging professional. Emailed them through the form but haven't received any response yet either :/ My guest is basically arriving a day and a half before me so I'm really hoping he can pick up his badge (or both of them) with just his ID and the confirmation barcode.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:58:23 PM »
Hi Habohet - At least we both know we are not the only ones - I am sure out all of the pro/guest combinations - there must be several of us in the same boat.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 10:21:17 AM »
Hey, can anyone update on if you were able to pick up the badges without the pro present? My friend has just realized this may apply to her next year. (She's a pro's wife and he'll be out of the country until Saturday of next year's con.)

Offline Alvetica

• Exhibit Hall
  • Years at Comic-Con: 2003-present Twitter:@alvetica
    • @alvetica
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 01:03:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey, can anyone update on if you were able to pick up the badges without the pro present? My friend has just realized this may apply to her next year. (She's a pro's wife and he'll be out of the country until Saturday of next year's con.)

That's what I saw happen this year.  I walked a friend of mine to the professional badge pick up area.  He showed his ID and got badges for his whole group.  He even got to choose which bag he got.

Offline beffyjo

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »
My brother was a professional guest and was told he'd only be able to pick up his. They printed out the entire groups and he was told to go to the info desk to get it fixed. They said they couldn't fix it. So his girlfriend went to get hers and they told them to ONLY print hers - and the entire groups printed out again.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 02:44:28 PM »
Hmm. So it sounds like you probably can, but it's not necessarily their policy (i.e., not guaranteed to work). Maybe my friend's husband will just email CCI and ask directly.