Author Topic: Badge Sale after May 15th  (Read 41776 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Badge Sale after May 15th
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2012, 12:23:44 PM »
It wasn't necessarily split evenly amongst the 4 days.

Actually, I think it was Thursday and Sunday heavy. Those are the least popular days to attend, and likely the biggest number of returns. But based on what you're saying, it might be that once Saturday badges were gone (or perhaps Friday) people who only wanted those ones dropped out of the waiting room?

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2012, 12:51:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
First person claiming success!

Patman, Andrew, Joe (and anyone else I may have missed) I'm so glad you got passes! It always feels good to get something when you're desperate for it. I'm excited to be seeing you at Con!

Hi T.J., I was talking about the first person who posted on Facebook this morning claiming success in obtaining badges.  This was after going through dozens of unhappy posts there.  I already got my four-day w/preview badge at the second-chance resale in late March.  I entered that room at #383 just 20-30 seconds after 8am that morning and was finished in a few minutes.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #227 on: Today at 08:51:39 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
Oh, that's right! I remember you talking about that now. Sorry I was confused.

Still, I'm glad you got a badge. ;)

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33:59 PM »
I think a lot of people bailed out after the Friday and Saturday badges sold out because they ere trying to fill in missing days. Congratulations to everyone that got tickets, luck was with you today. Now we can all move on to waiting for the next great announcement about SDCC 2012.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2012, 02:32:47 PM »
Oh, that's right! I remember you talking about that now. Sorry I was confused.

Still, I'm glad you got a badge. ;)

:)
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline robotom

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #230 on: June 01, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »
Registered just to tell a sob story about how crazy this badge process is...

For this resale, both coworker and I were trying to get tickets for us and our significant others after missing out the last few sales.

8AM, yay, got in line. We were about 5 numbers apart in line. Made it to the purchase screen, we both were aiming for Friday tickets so we purchased Friday tickets. Go back to purchase the tickets for the SOs... Sold out. But wait, Thursday is still available! So we ended up with tickets for Thurs for the SOs and Friday for us. Crazy part is we can't even transfer these tickets so that one set of us can go on Thursday and the other on Friday.

Sob story end.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #231 on: June 01, 2012, 04:29:12 PM »
i've heard a few stories like yours.  it is indeed hard.

why don't you put that into an email with the specifics (names, member id for all 4 people) & send it to
[email protected]

explain to them exactly what happened & ask, nicely (i know i didn't need to say that <grin>) if a female could switch for a male.  be specific & it would be helpful if switch led to the last names matching...
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #232 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43:02 PM »
I can say from personal experience that if you're polite about such requests, CCI is willing to listen and accommodate.

Offline robotom

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #233 on: June 02, 2012, 11:50:59 AM »
i've heard a few stories like yours.  it is indeed hard.

why don't you put that into an email with the specifics (names, member id for all 4 people) & send it to
[email protected]

explain to them exactly what happened & ask, nicely (i know i didn't need to say that <grin>) if a female could switch for a male.  be specific & it would be helpful if switch led to the last names matching...

Thanks, I'll try this and hope for the best! No last names matching though, although my coworkers' kids are volunteers this year...

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #234 on: June 02, 2012, 12:17:11 PM »
i was just thinking that'd allay fears of scalping---so maybe offer matching addresses on drivers licenses (?) or another bill.  just a thought.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Beowulf

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2012, 08:06:32 AM »
Patman, Andrew, Joe (and anyone else I may have missed) I'm so glad you got passes! It always feels good to get something when you're desperate for it. I'm excited to be seeing you at Con!

As for the people who got some passes but not 'enough', I agree, it sucks. I like the suggestion made to have 2 member IDs/last names entered at once, to buy the same days for both people. I wonder if the system could be designed to accommodate that?

I was thinking the same thing!! I know that was something I worried about this year. I went for Sat badge 1st (even though I wouldn't be able to get other days doing so) because I wanted to see the masquerade since I haven't been on a Sat yet. I was really hoping I wouldn't get mine & then not be able to get my fiancee's for the same day, that would suck!! I was hoping that the Sat limit would only apply to 2nd sale, but it made me ineligible for the final resale as well. It's ok though, I was thinking of not going after another day anyway since I know so many people didn't get any badges.
I do kind of wish for the final resale that they limited it to those who hadn't gotten any yet. I know people were eager to fill in their missing days, but I think even more people were  just hoping for a chance to go at all.

-Bde bde bde b'That's all folks!!

Offline Cezary

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #236 on: June 04, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
Hello to all
I come from Poland and need to visit CCI - even for one day, better for two...
I see posts about group or resale and if someone can help me... It's my first time with Comic-Con and I started to visit their web site after invitation from Sideshow but it was after May 15th  :(. I just bought a tickets to US, San Diego and will be on site 12-17 of July so there is no way out to not come San Diego :). It is very important for me and I still have hope :). Maybe join to group...
I have wrote to CCI email but no response - thete is info "The Comic-Con Member ID system is temporarily closed to new registrations and will reopen at a later date" - but I don't know if later date i real or only polite "NO" ?

regards
Cezary

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #237 on: June 04, 2012, 11:19:40 PM »
It's basically too late to buy badges.

You can try and win badges from contests.

...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #238 on: June 05, 2012, 03:51:35 PM »
Hello to all
I come from Poland and need to visit CCI - even for one day, better for two...
I see posts about group or resale and if someone can help me... It's my first time with Comic-Con and I started to visit their web site after invitation from Sideshow but it was after May 15th  :(. I just bought a tickets to US, San Diego and will be on site 12-17 of July so there is no way out to not come San Diego :). It is very important for me and I still have hope :). Maybe join to group...
I have wrote to CCI email but no response - thete is info "The Comic-Con Member ID system is temporarily closed to new registrations and will reopen at a later date" - but I don't know if later date i real or only polite "NO" ?

regards
Cezary

Badges for this year's convention have sold out.  There won't be any more resales.  The Member ID system will likely open up soon, but they won't be selling any badges for CCI 2012.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...