Author Topic: SDCC 2017 Badge Distribution  (Read 41278 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1084
Re: SDCC 2017 Badge Distribution
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 06:19:33 AM »
ok...that is what I was remembering.  The days before member ids were required.  How time has passed.  Thanks for all of your memories.  Those that are clearly better than mine.
It is 2023 and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 81
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 12:05:41 PM »
When I printed out the online Pro-Reg receipt - I noticed this:

BADGE DELIVERY/PICK-UP:

Your badge and all guest badges in your order will be shipped to the address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account. We anticipate that badges will be sent out 3-4 weeks prior to Preview Night, July 19, 2017. Badges not delivered for any reason (lost/stolen/dog scared the postman away/aliens/return to sender) must be picked up onsite. The last day to change the mailing address on your account is May 18, 2017. Please make sure you review and update the address in your Member ID account prior to this date.

All badges in your order - including guest badges - will be shipped directly to the professional's address.

I thought that badges were mailed to each person's member ID mailing address on file - not all of them sent to the Pro.

Anyone have updated info on this?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2090
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 12:18:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When I printed out the online Pro-Reg receipt - I noticed this:

BADGE DELIVERY/PICK-UP:

Your badge and all guest badges in your order will be shipped to the address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account. We anticipate that badges will be sent out 3-4 weeks prior to Preview Night, July 19, 2017. Badges not delivered for any reason (lost/stolen/dog scared the postman away/aliens/return to sender) must be picked up onsite. The last day to change the mailing address on your account is May 18, 2017. Please make sure you review and update the address in your Member ID account prior to this date.

All badges in your order - including guest badges - will be shipped directly to the professional's address.

I thought that badges were mailed to each person's member ID mailing address on file - not all of them sent to the Pro.

Anyone have updated info on this?

That text and procedure may be specific only to pro badges and pro guest badges as opposed to attendee badges, since it matches this:

Where do I pick up my badge?

All professional and professional guest badges will be shipped directly to the professional 3 - 4 weeks before Preview Night, July 19. Specific details regarding badge delivery will be included in your badge confirmation. We encourage you to log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and confirm we have an accurate address on file. If your address is incorrect, you must change it by May 18, 2017.  Your mailing address cannot be changed after this date. Badges not delivered for any reason must be picked up onsite.

If you are an international attendee, you will be able to pick up your badge when you arrive onsite. Onsite pick up hours and locations will be sent to you at a later date.

Offline lowgun

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
Re: Badge Distribution
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 01:04:28 PM »
I was reading through the badge registration barcode confirmation email and noticed this:(see bold section particularly)  Does this mean we have to have our real name on badges? And...is this new or did I just not see it before?  I thought you could put any name you wanted on your badge.

Your badge should always match your name. Before they started mailing the badges it needed to match your ID when you picked it up

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 05:44:36 PM »
This year - my friend and I are having our badges mailed to an international forwarder because I don't want to have to be at the back of lines because I have to wait in an extra one prior.

Has any international attendee done this as well?

Offline profatomo

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2017, 10:27:43 AM »
I had a question on the badges and the bar codes emailed to members who scored passes. In the past, Comic Con used to email you a bar code after a badge was purchased, and then you would pick up the badge at the Convention Center or Town and Country hotel with a print out of the bar code.  I missed out on tickets last year.

Luckily, I scored passes this year and I received a bar code by email.  If Comic Con mails your badges directly to your mailing address, do you still need to process the bar code at the Convention Center and show them your photo ID? I'm a bit confused. If they mail the badges to you, are the badge ready to go as is, or do you still have to process or activate them at the Convention Center again with the bar code and the photo ID?

Thanks!

Offline CaseyJones14

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 146
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 11:25:42 AM »
I'm a bit confused. If they mail the badges to you, are the badge ready to go as is, or do you still have to process or activate them at the Convention Center again with the bar code and the photo ID?

Thanks!

Congrats on scoring tickets! The badges that you receive in the mail will be all ready to go and you don't have to do anything once you get to the convention. You'll just scan your badge as you go in and out of the convention. If your badge doesn't work or you forget to scan back out when you leave then you will have to go to a designated area to get it fixed. At that point you will have to show your ID otherwise it's just a bunch of scanning in and out as you go. Hope that helps!
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
And you know that notion just crossed my mind

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2090
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 01:02:03 PM »
Within member ID Notices:

Updated April 12, 2017

Comic-Con 2017 Badge Shipping Address Change

If you purchased badges for Comic-Con 2017, you have until May 18 to change your shipping address. All badges will be shipped to the attendee associated with that badge, instead of the buyer. It is critical that anyone who purchased a badge changes their address prior to May 18, 2017 to ensure an accurate and on time delivery. To change your shipping address, select the "My Account" tab and the "ADDRESS/PHONE" option. All badges will be shipped at least 3 - 4 weeks prior to the event.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1269
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 01:29:30 PM »
This year - my friend and I are having our badges mailed to an international forwarder because I don't want to have to be at the back of lines because I have to wait in an extra one prior.

I have a friend who lives in Australia and uses my address as his badge will be mailed to me and I will give it to him when he arrives or could even mail it to him if he wanted.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Online Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 8875
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 02:31:28 PM »

I would be careful with this this. CCI has said that they aren't mailing to international attendees because they cannot guarantee that the badges would arrive in time. You're looking at having CCI mail them to an American address and THEN internationally? The badges may arrive after you have left for San Diego.

Offline fruitflan

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2017, 12:39:12 PM »
I'm an international attendee.

I'm thinking of getting my badges shipped to a PO Box near the border (I'm in Vancouver BC) and do my usual drive over to pick them up.
For preview night, is there a separate line to get the bags in sails or should get the badge along with the bag afterwards, onsite?

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1518
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »

I'm thinking of getting my badges shipped to a PO Box near the border (I'm in Vancouver BC) and do my usual drive over to pick them up.
For preview night, is there a separate line to get the bags in sails or should get the badge along with the bag afterwards, onsite?
I had preview night last year, but I picked up my bag in the afternoon ahead of time where everyone else was doing it in the MMM. I don't believe I was in a separate line from 4 day/Thursday attendees.
Ang

Offline ThePuffyTaco

• Freebie Table
  • Victor Lopez thanks you!
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 12:16:14 AM »
I would be careful with this this. CCI has said that they aren't mailing to international attendees because they cannot guarantee that the badges would arrive in time. You're looking at having CCI mail them to an American address and THEN internationally? The badges may arrive after you have left for San Diego.

I live right by the border, so the turn around time would be a couple of days. I believ that july 9 last year was the period to contact them if you haven't received your badge. I should have enough time.

When you get your badge as an international person, in the room will be the bags as well. I don't believe you can line up for anything in Sails without a badge. So while everyone is lining up for Preview Night, etc.. you will be lining up for internaitonal registration. After doing the Star Trek premiere line - the international line was empty so it was pretty quick getting my stuff.

If I won the Funko lottery, there would be no way I would be able to pick up my wristband because I would be in line for my badge.

Online Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 8875
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 10:41:46 AM »
I had preview night last year, but I picked up my bag in the afternoon ahead of time where everyone else was doing it in the MMM. I don't believe I was in a separate line from 4 day/Thursday attendees.

Nope, just walk in and out. Easy peasy!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Badge Distribution
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
Your badge should always match your name. Before they started mailing the badges it needed to match your ID when you picked it up
Nah; there was a time when they didn't care so much about ID matching.  Those were the old days, before the Dark Times: before the spinning circle of death  :P
But for all intents and purposes throughout the "modern SDCCI era" they have always required name matching ID.