Author Topic: SDCC 2024 - Badge Refunds & Returns  (Read 1101 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: SDCC 2024 - Badge Refunds & Returns
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2024, 12:48:23 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How can you request a refund and remain eligible to participate in Returning Registration for the next year?

If you request a refund for all days, does that mean you are ineligible to participate in Returning Registration for the following year?

What if you request a refund for all but one day? Does that keep you eligible to participate in the next Returning Registration?

Does anyone have personal experience with this?

Check previous comments from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2024, 02:16:24 PM »
Check previous comments from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I don't believe any of her messages mentioned anything related to maintaining re-registration eligibility.
I might have missed it - but I too, am curious.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:11:42 AM »

Offline EternalZan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2024, 04:28:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I did read all of the previous comments of this thread before commenting. I couldn't tell if You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login confirmed that they remained eligible for Returning Registration when they successful refunded all days but one on their badge. When it comes to possibly having to make this decision, I'd like to be 100% sure.

I hope I never have to make this choice. I'd much rather attend all days of SDCC. But sometimes life can be unpredictable. And I live in Florida. So it isn't just a quick drive downtown for me. Like many of us, I need to do a lot of planning. If for any reason I can't attend, I'd like to know ahead of time what my options are. Thanks for helping me think this through!
- Eternal Zan (rhymes with "fan")
Florida, EST time zone.
-----

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2024, 04:53:08 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, I did read all of the previous comments of this thread before commenting. I couldn't tell if You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login confirmed that they remained eligible for Returning Registration when they successful refunded all days but one on their badge. When it comes to possibly having to make this decision, I'd like to be 100% sure.

I hope I never have to make this choice. I'd much rather attend all days of SDCC. But sometimes life can be unpredictable. And I live in Florida. So it isn't just a quick drive downtown for me. Like many of us, I need to do a lot of planning. If for any reason I can't attend, I'd like to know ahead of time what my options are. Thanks for helping me think this through!

I get it.  I will say this.

In the past, you're eligible for returning reg if you don't refund all days.  However, SDCC reserves the right to change the policy.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2024, 03:11:17 AM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   To confirm, they kept a one day badge that will make them eligible for Returning Registration next year. Hope that helps.   
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2024, 03:51:54 PM »
So, if you ask for a refund for all but one day, does someone need to scan that badge for you for it to count for returning registration? Or does just having a one day  badge(whether it’s scanned or not) guarantee access to returning registration for the following year?

Sent from my using

Offline noobmaster69

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2024, 05:00:23 PM »
So, if you ask for a refund for all but one day, does someone need to scan that badge for you for it to count for returning registration? Or does just having a one day  badge(whether it’s scanned or not) guarantee access to returning registration for the following year?

Sent from my using

I mentioned this earlier - my understanding is that you must have badged in to qualify for reregistration. I've discussed this with a few people and this has been what we've followed.

However, the FAQs state "Returning Registration is open to all Comic-Con 2023 paid attendees"

But there's also this part:
"To see if you are eligible, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account. Then, on your Account Dashboard, look for “Eligibility: Comic-Con 2024 Returning Registration” located in the upper left corner under your name, Member ID, and email."

link for what I'm referencing: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Conclusion: at minimum, you need at least 1 day. The part that's up for debate is whether or or not you need to badge in - I'd err on the side of caution and badge in.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2024, 05:06:49 PM »
A long time ago, in a world before RFID badges, you had to pick up your badge IN PERSON at SDCC. If you did not, then you would not be eligible for returning registration the following year.

Since they started issuing RFID badges and mailing them to people, the question is whether or not it is required to badge in to be eligible for returning registration (i.e. to 'prove' that you attended). Anecdotally, I have heard that people are still eligible even if they have not badged in the previous year. But there has never been an official statement on this by CCI (of which I am aware).

This being said, they are at liberty to change this policy whenever they want, and certainly with the RFID data they should easily be able to see who has badged in and who has not. So it is certainly better to err on the side of caution and make sure that you badge in.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 12:09:11 PM »
A long time ago, in a world before RFID badges, you had to pick up your badge IN PERSON at SDCC. If you did not, then you would not be eligible for returning registration the following year.

Since they started issuing RFID badges and mailing them to people, the question is whether or not it is required to badge in to be eligible for returning registration (i.e. to 'prove' that you attended). Anecdotally, I have heard that people are still eligible even if they have not badged in the previous year. But there has never been an official statement on this by CCI (of which I am aware).

This being said, they are at liberty to change this policy whenever they want, and certainly with the RFID data they should easily be able to see who has badged in and who has not. So it is certainly better to err on the side of caution and make sure that you badge in.
That last part is the important part: CCI changes things up constantly, and it's impossible to predict when they could decide exactly how one truly qualifies as being a 'returning attendee.'  Obviously if one needs the money, you gotta do what you gotta do; if one wants to role the dice, they can but understand policy could change AFTER 2024 SDCC so who knows if that screws you.