Author Topic: Don't Understand Where Lines Are? This Should Help  (Read 38018 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: Don't Understand Where Lines Are? This Should Help
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 02:09:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a slight variation on this question.  I have a Saturday badge only, is it possible to line up for the H hall panels outside prior to actually having a badge in hand?  Since at best I can't get my badge until 8:30 but lines will be starting well before then.

This would be tricky.  I do not think that there is a policy against lining up outside the convention center without a badge, but this could be difficult.  Inside the convention center, you would definately need a badge.

You would have to get into the Hall H line and get someone to hold your place while at some point you went over to the badge line.  You could try to make nice with the people you meet in line and see if they will hold your spot.  Or if you are in a group, you could leave one at a time to get badges.

Sorry for no definitive answer on this one.

Offline Dprok

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 02:30:05 PM »
Thanks Chris, I thought about as much.  I'm hoping when it comes time to grab badges my wife and I take turns leaving the line while the other stays put.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:42:48 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 02:33:26 PM »
Thanks Chris, I thought about as much.  I'm hoping when it comes time to grab badges my wife and I take turns leaving the line while the other stays put.

Yup, that would be the plan.  You both get in the Hall H line.   After a while (stay there long enough so that it is clear to the people behind you know there are two of you or even talk to them), then one of you leaves to get your badge and then the other. 

Good luck!!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 03:31:00 PM »
I have a slight variation on this question.  I have a Saturday badge only, is it possible to line up for the H hall panels outside prior to actually having a badge in hand?  Since at best I can't get my badge until 8:30 but lines will be starting well before then.

Once the line starts compressing and moving and security starts to really show up in the mornings to manage the crowds, it's going to be very tough to get in and out of line without timing it right as you might have a hard time finding your line buddies and/or security won't let you get back in line...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2013, 04:11:41 PM »
^ What he said. What day were you planning on lining up? You'd need everything to align perfectly. If you run into a long wait picking up your badge, then you could miss it when the Hall H line starts to compress and load into the room.

Offline garbagepailz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 03:11:01 PM »
Anyone know where and when Stan lee will be signing at the con?

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
I seem to be confused on the lines actually going inside once the floor opens, and where sails opens, and I was wondering if someone can do a map about that? I never went in the same way twice to the convention center, and not even sure how I ended up stairs to get my badge lol..

i'm a very map oriented person, the kind that picks up 2 maps at the beginning of disneyland just to make sure in case one gets wet or lost.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
Anyone know where and when Stan lee will be signing at the con?

Probably look up Desert Wind. He usually signs with them and a few other places.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2013, 10:40:13 PM »
I seem to be confused on the lines actually going inside once the floor opens, and where sails opens, and I was wondering if someone can do a map about that? I never went in the same way twice to the convention center, and not even sure how I ended up stairs to get my badge lol..

i'm a very map oriented person, the kind that picks up 2 maps at the beginning of disneyland just to make sure in case one gets wet or lost.

Where are you trying to get? Once the doors open, it feels like there are a million different lines and ways to get somewhere but they still mostly funnel you towards only a couple directions. Usually up the escalator and then back down if you're headed to the floor. You stay upstairs if you are heading into Sails for autographs or towards BR20 or the other rooms.

Chuck

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 02:02:44 AM »

lol that could be me! I printed out like a dozen maps for SDCC plus have everything digitally on my mobile AND on my email server  ;D

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 09:50:54 AM »
Where are you trying to get? Once the doors open, it feels like there are a million different lines and ways to get somewhere but they still mostly funnel you towards only a couple directions. Usually up the escalator and then back down if you're headed to the floor. You stay upstairs if you are heading into Sails for autographs or towards BR20 or the other rooms.

Initially, I would love to get up to Sails to get an autograph ticket AND help a forum member get a hasbro ticket. We've decided to help each other out with exclusives and that I have no doubt that he knows where he's going, I just want to have an idea if this is even plausible to do.

It seems we will be at sails early to get the hasbro ticket, but i hear that's at like 8 am? then I want to get an autograph ticket for the venture bros (which i hope will be a different line then WB and FOX) which is at 9 am, and then from there I have 30 min to meet him down at the exhibit hall line to get in and start hunting down exclusives.

Other than that, I need an idea of which line to be in on Friday morning to get to the Sanrio booth and be the first 50 ppl.. Is the exhibit hall line better in the frnot of the convention center? or should i be waiting upstairs in Sails since ppl seem to say that it lets the line in earlier than the floor line..??

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »
Initially, I would love to get up to Sails to get an autograph ticket AND help a forum member get a hasbro ticket. We've decided to help each other out with exclusives and that I have no doubt that he knows where he's going, I just want to have an idea if this is even plausible to do.

It seems we will be at sails early to get the hasbro ticket, but i hear that's at like 8 am? then I want to get an autograph ticket for the venture bros (which i hope will be a different line then WB and FOX) which is at 9 am, and then from there I have 30 min to meet him down at the exhibit hall line to get in and start hunting down exclusives.

Other than that, I need an idea of which line to be in on Friday morning to get to the Sanrio booth and be the first 50 ppl.. Is the exhibit hall line better in the frnot of the convention center? or should i be waiting upstairs in Sails since ppl seem to say that it lets the line in earlier than the floor line..??

Generally speaking, they let the lines inside go on the floor first before the front doors open. Just to avoid a rush and create more congestion. Now if you ask which of the 2 lines inside get to go first, no clue.

I believe the lines in Sails should have signs to help you know where to get to

Offline Baron

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »
Generally speaking, they let the lines inside go on the floor first before the front doors open. Just to avoid a rush and create more congestion. Now if you ask which of the 2 lines inside get to go first, no clue.

I believe the lines in Sails should have signs to help you know where to get to

I'd also like to know if Sails line-up area or the Ballroom 20 area (front of the convention center), which one of the two are let in first into the Main Hall?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2013, 07:21:42 AM »
I'd also like to know if Sails line-up area or the Ballroom 20 area (front of the convention center), which one of the two are let in first into the Main Hall?

Sails and the other line inside is first. They usually don't open the convention doors until some of the traffic inside has started moving to avoid double the congestion. Plus not fair that people who've been lining up all morning don't get in before someone who just walks up to the door at 930am or whatever.