Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34352 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
nice !   

i was lucky to get an opening day 8am slot.  anyone have suggestions on when to go ?  i am thinking 4am.  wed. 

kidding.  barely kidding.

Hall H has skewed my perception on things and this doesn't seem too off to me.  But again, Hall H has MESSED ME UP MAN. 

Honestly, this is unprecedented.  The Disney parks have added new lands before, but this is certainly the biggest property to have a new land in my lifetime (I mean, DCA was an entirely new PARK but that's different).  So the standards are kind of gonna be set by those who show up.  But like Hall H, I wouldn't state what time you're showing up.

This does bring up the question on how they'll handle early birds on opening day, though.  Usually people start lining up at the turnstiles before sunrise anyway.  Then Main Street opens and people line up at the rope.  Then it's a free for all.  But this is unique.  I'll be super curious to see what you encounter.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
Hall H has skewed my perception on things and this doesn't seem too off to me.  But again, Hall H has MESSED ME UP MAN. 

Honestly, this is unprecedented.  The Disney parks have added new lands before, but this is certainly the biggest property to have a new land in my lifetime (I mean, DCA was an entirely new PARK but that's different).  So the standards are kind of gonna be set by those who show up.  But like Hall H, I wouldn't state what time you're showing up.

This does bring up the question on how they'll handle early birds on opening day, though.  Usually people start lining up at the turnstiles before sunrise anyway.  Then Main Street opens and people line up at the rope.  Then it's a free for all.  But this is unique.  I'll be super curious to see what you encounter.

i would say i am in line already.  but that is so cliche and 2018.

well.  its a new "thing".  but the time slots have to help.  its just a matter of how much time of your slot will be taken by waiting through stuff to get in.  i think if i can get through security should be "okay"  anywhere inside the park at 8 is my goal.  will give a update.   

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497

Wouldn't it be cool if on opening day they lined Main Street with Stormtroopers to control the crowd.  If they can bring all those Stormtroopers to comic-con, they should be able to round some up for opening day of Star Wars Land.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Just a word about early lineups....

The entrance plaza and downtown Disney are secure areas. You can enter the areas overnight, but they will sweep the area in the morning  and remove everyone. Then they will start clearing people at security checkpoints and letting them in. So your 'early morning arrival' is actually at the security gates.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Just a word about early lineups....

The entrance plaza and downtown Disney are secure areas. You can enter the areas overnight, but they will sweep the area in the morning  and remove everyone. Then they will start clearing people at security checkpoints and letting them in. So your 'early morning arrival' is actually at the security gates.

HA yes.  It's been a long time since I've done an early morning line up.  I think circa 2000 or so.  Before the plaza was what it is today.  From my understanding the Main Street and rope drop systems are the same, but the plaza I'm a bit lost on how that'll function.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
We are going with CorgiKohmander on June 8th! We agreed that we didn't want to deal with the chaos of opening weekend. Plus this gives us the opportunity to see how things go for a week and figure out what the best strategy is  ;D

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
So ready to try to get a Sith robe that is crazily expensive.  >:D

If available of course... ;)
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
I'm wondering how much the custom lightsabers and droids will be.  My guess is hella expensive.  But I wanna do it anyway.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Thanks [member=5815]ocwankenobi[/member] for sending me this.

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
Thanks [member=5815]ocwankenobi[/member] for sending me this.

that was a secret !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    jk.  i hope this helps many of us.  they really needed a walk through like the hotels.  now they have to deal with what they created.  but its disney and doesn't surprise me at all that they are trying to make it right.  disney rules lol.   

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
Heads up, looks like Star Wars fans won’t be able to cosplay while attending Galaxy’s Edge. Even if you bought an item there.

I'm wondering how much the custom lightsabers and droids will be.  My guess is hella expensive.  But I wanna do it anyway.
It is going to be worth it. ;) Even if Disney was charging $500, I probably would still get one. Lol Yet I hope they don’t.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
that was a secret !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    jk.  i hope this helps many of us.  they really needed a walk through like the hotels.  now they have to deal with what they created.  but its disney and doesn't surprise me at all that they are trying to make it right.  disney rules lol.

The part where they ask him to share it with EVERYONE was a dead giveaway it was a secret.   :P

Agreed I needed a walkthrough.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
I think another good trainer for long lines is the DMV. In CA, I've seen the DMV line span outside and wrap around each of the 4 corners of the building. It's brutal. Luckily I've recently bought a Nintendo 2ds to make the waiting a bit more bearable. I'll definitely bring it with me while waiting in line for all the Galaxy Edge attractions in the future.

In Colorado, if you go in right before they close, they have to serve you and thus work a LOT faster. You can also check wait times online.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770

With the exception of the 24 hour day Disneyland does annually, they (and Anaheim) are fairly hard corps about waiting in lines over night or super early in the morning or what not.  Even so, when they do the Rope Drop you're right: it IS a free-for-all so it's possible someone who slept over night is STILL going to be behind an obnoxious family who just kind of pushed their way to the front. 
With the pseudo-'Fast Pass' Reservation times, I think crowds will be manageableish (certainly moreso compared to general populace when it opens).  If anyone on planet earth knows how to handle huge crowds and lines, it's the Disney Parks logistics crew, so I'm not too worried about it (meaning: I'm not worried at all).  I was 'not chosen' early in the reservation process so I had to "settle" for a day that was later than I wanted but it is what it is. 
Part of me is still hoping/thinking they'll do a soft opening like they often do.  I know employees have gotten a "surprise" pseudo-walkthrough last weekend unexpectedly so maybe regular attendees will as well as we get closer to that late May opening weekend!

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
Fyi.   I called the number to add one to my reservation last sat.  The person said there was nothing in the computer about adding but she could do that right now and it is automatically approved.   No email confirmation will he sent.

Scary