Author Topic: NYCC 2016 Tickets  (Read 65280 times)

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
Re: NYCC 2016 Tickets
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Where does it say it was always going to reopen? As recent as June 29th they said they have no plans to reopen.

They always listen to the fans ;)

Offline zuko3984

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 110
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
I really don't understand what the point of the fan verification is if they are going to just re-open it. They gave plenty of notice about what it was all about before they closed it the first time. It's really not right to re-open it at this point. Some people did not buy tickets when they had the opportunity because they were not fan verified and were told it was not going to re-open.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #437 on: Today at 09:50:27 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2016, 12:46:01 PM »
Where does it say it was always going to reopen? As recent as June 29th they said they have no plans to reopen.

It was not written by them anywhere if that's what your asking, but it was always going to reopen

A for profit company is not going to let tickets sit on the table unsold. "Well we could have sold more tickets, we were not at capacity, but fan verification was closed. So we won't"

And they already extended the FV once to accommodate the late comers so this is to accommodate the fans who thought their friend/SO/Dog etc had verified but didn't
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2016, 12:52:03 PM »
...and they already extended the FV once to accommodate the late comers so this is to accommodate the fans who thought their friend/SO/Dog etc had verified but didn't

Oh yes...and to assist the scalpers who need buyers for their tickets.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »
I think they just got tired of all the people who were whining.

Offline eco49

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2016, 02:40:35 PM »
New processes are hard. Reading is hard. Life is hard. *sigh*

I have my ticket, so this shouldn't bug me as much as it does, but I think they should have released the tickets that couldn't be attached to verified fans, given the verified people another go and THEN reopened up fan verification, if necessary.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »
I think they just got tired of all the people who were whining.
I agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ByronTheBulb

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
Can someone tell me how would I know if I'm assigned? I'm not the buyer of the tickets, nor do I have access to it.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
So this really makes me questions the process of the fan verification; if they're going to re-open for 1 day, how can they really identified anyone who's a scalper in 1 day from the fan verification?

If it took them almost half a month to go through the legitimacy of that account, how will 1 day will be enough this time around?

Seems to me they didn't see this flaw coming from the first fan verification and ticket purchase.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline mzx380

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #444 on: July 08, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »
It's a new process
There have been several hinge instituted by RP in order to get things right but have been abandoned.  If this is the new order going forward, fans will have then acclimated but then again so will scalpers
Nothing is perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ByronTheBulb

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #445 on: July 08, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »
So this really makes me questions the process of the fan verification; if they're going to re-open for 1 day, how can they really identified anyone who's a scalper in 1 day from the fan verification?

If it took them almost half a month to go through the legitimacy of that account, how will 1 day will be enough this time around?

Seems to me they didn't see this flaw coming from the first fan verification and ticket purchase.

The process is very flawed. If they wanted to identify the scalpers, they could find out after the assignment deadline. If someone bought a high amount of tickets, but majority of them went back into the wild (wasn't assigned before deadline), then you can probably tell that individual did not plan on  allocating those tickets for his friends.

Of course, in order for that scalper screening process to work, verified fans with no tickets have to stay vigilant and not purchase from scalpers.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2016, 03:36:07 PM »
The process is very flawed. If they wanted to identify the scalpers, they could find out after the assignment deadline. If someone bought a high amount of tickets, but majority of them went back into the wild (wasn't assigned before deadline), then you can probably tell that individual did not plan on  allocating those tickets for his friends.

Of course, in order for that scalper screening process to work, verified fans with no tickets have to stay vigilant and not purchase from scalpers.

But at the same time this also opens a flood gate for scalpers to create their own fan verifications. Unless NYCC is really enforcing the ID check, opening the fan verification at this time really defeats the purpose of countering these scalpers.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline ByronTheBulb

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
But at the same time this also opens a flood gate for scalpers to create their own fan verifications. Unless NYCC is really enforcing the ID check, opening the fan verification at this time really defeats the purpose of countering these scalpers.

I didn't know the 1 day reopening was to identify scalpers. I was speaking about the fan verification as a whole. If NYCC did it right, they could've identified some scalpers. Too bad scalpers adapt fast, so NYCC missed their one shot

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2016, 07:00:57 AM »
Even for profit cons have registration growing pains similar to Comic-Con's growing pains of 2010-12....

From ->

Following widespread complaints, NYCC to REOPEN Fan Verification

This afternoon, ReedPOP, the company that organizes conventions such as New York Comic Con, sent an email to fans announcing the reopening of their Fan Verification system. The move follow widespread complaints that the system left families unable to bring children, friends unable to buy tickets for unverified friends, and other cruel separations.

ReedPOP will reopen the Fan Verification system next Monday, July 11th, at 9:00 AM EDT.  In order to attach a new Fan profile to an existing NYCC ticket order, the profile application must be submitted by Tuesday, July 12th at 12:00 PM EDT.  This is likely because all tickets that were purchased during the first round of NYCC ticket sales must be attached to a verified fan account within two weeks of purchase.

People who are approved in this cycle of Fan Verification applicants can be added to an existing ticket order between 12PM EDT July 13th and 11:59PM EDT July 14th.  Any ticket that is not associated with a profile at that time will be cancelled and refunded. No one will be able to create a Fan Verification Profile after this point.

Tickets that are reclaimed by ReedPOP due to a lack of associated fan account will be resold at an unannounced date.  Anyone with a fan account will be able to purchase unclaimed tickets at this time.

The Fan Verification platform launched this year and was originally designed to curb rampant scalping of New York Comic Con tickets.  Back in May, ReedPOP announced that any fan who wished to attend the convention would have to create a Fan Profile on their site before NYCC ticket sales went live at the end of June.  Unfortunately, not all fans got the message before Fan Verification closed, leaving many ticket purchasers distraught about the fact that their unverified friends would not be able to attend NYCC with them.

Worse yet, without a method to cancel unclaimed tickets besides waiting out the two week period where fans would have to assign all tickets to profiled users, many fans felt like they were shorted cash unless they…well…turned to scalping.  The effectiveness of the system itself has been hotly debated, as it seems like Fan Verification is less a wall and more a hill to scale for scalpers.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2016, 05:01:33 AM »
Reminder FV opens again in an hour!
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged