Author Topic: Article about 2022 talk-back forum.  (Read 4138 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Article about 2022 talk-back forum.
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2022, 11:01:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
let alone a convention that is paying six figure salaries to at least some of the organizers on the stage.

I guess I have a California perspective, but six figures isn't that much money to run an organization like SDCC.  I know people that got 6 figures on their first job out of college in an entry level position.  Not even in tech.

The salaries they are being paid are in line with what people get paid in non-profits at their level.  If a little on the low side.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2022, 11:07:06 AM »
I agree. The cost of living in California (particularly in the cities) is outrageous. $100K is the minimum a household needs to make to afford a home in our area.  :o

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:33:10 PM »

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2022, 01:07:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login What Mel said. ADA same day line is in the hallway of Hall G, 4 chutes same as general same day line but indoors and with AC, it is quite comfy for a line. If the lady who cried was in the sun then she lined up on Friday on the (NDL) Next Day Line, which is outside on the side of Hall H while general NDL is by the harbor. At least ADA gets some shadow from the building for a few hours.

Honestly everyone who lines up at a NDL is aware we are gonna be cooking in the sun, one year the asphalt was literally melting.

I'm unsure where ADA NDL could even be moved, it's not like there is lots of free space in the hallways. ADA same day line was spilling out of the convention center on Sunday. I suppose they could move Exhibitors check in upstairs and free a hall.

i wish they would leave the last tent area, even divide in half and use that for the NDL and overflow.  The NDL line does not start until after the start of the first panel and all the ADA is loaded for the day.  This is because they clear the middle section while they are loading Hall H general line.  After the general line is loaded and the panel starts, they allow the NDL to start.  The NDL is in the hot sun all day until wristband handouts, usually around 9pm.

They can't do pop ups or tents due to the fire marshal.

It would be helpful to move the NDL under the tents and perhaps create a parking lot for scooters and ambulatory wheelchairs.  Most wheelchair con goers have attendants that can to the NDL on the lawn with ambulatory ADA. 

Also $100k and thereabouts isn't a huge paycheck in SoCal.