Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 116962 times)

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #210 on: May 05, 2017, 08:43:26 AM »
Tickets for a concert I want to see went on sale this morning and sold out in approximately two minutes. I hate scalpers so much.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #211 on: May 05, 2017, 09:14:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tickets for a concert I want to see went on sale this morning and sold out in approximately two minutes. I hate scalpers so much.

Sorry to here that.

It's stories like this that make me appreciate the lengths that SDCC goes to to prevent scalpers.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #212 on: Today at 09:06:46 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #212 on: May 05, 2017, 09:32:14 AM »

We're right there with you. I would love to see a graphic of a concert showing how people got their tickets and where all of the money went.

If you need a small laugh, right now I am at home really sick but dialed in to a long, long meeting at work. I keep having to blow my nose but I forgot to mute my phone, after the fourth time or so the person running the meeting finally yelled, "can people please mute their phones! Or at least whoever is having construction going on nearby!"

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #213 on: May 05, 2017, 04:54:34 PM »
If you need a small laugh, right now I am at home really sick but dialed in to a long, long meeting at work. I keep having to blow my nose but I forgot to mute my phone, after the fourth time or so the person running the meeting finally yelled, "can people please mute their phones! Or at least whoever is having construction going on nearby!"

That actually did make me laugh, thanks!  ;D
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #214 on: May 05, 2017, 07:36:36 PM »
We're right there with you. I would love to see a graphic of a concert showing how people got their tickets and where all of the money went.

Was in a meeting this morning, and this one guy never mutes his phone, and it sounds like he is snorting cocaine, or something. Once the mute your phones plea goes out, we get sweet relief!

Although, I have been guilty of not muting. I said something under my breath once, and my cube mate got my attention, saying "You're not on mute" Thank goodness I was not cursing... LOL!
Ang

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #215 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:49 PM »
"For the honor"

20 Years of Multipass! Fifth Element - released May 9th 1997.  Time to go and watch this still great movie! #fifthelement #multipass #scifi

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #216 on: May 12, 2017, 06:19:34 PM »
Rest and get better soon, George!

Updated May 12, 2017: George Pérez has issued a new update on his health and recovery from a recent heart attack. According to the veteran creator, his prognosis is positive, but will require the cancellation of his remaining planned convention appearances for 2017. Here is Pérez's statement in full:

Hello again.

First of all I want to once again thank all the wonderful people who have sent me good wishes, positive thoughts and prayers regarding my recent heart attack. Although I feel much better now after the two operations, I have been warned by my cardiologist about the pitfalls of being too complacent or overconfident.

I have been reminded that my heart has been injured and weakened and that it will take time and patience to fully heal. My doctors (and my understandably frightened wife) were especially and specifically adamant about my need to avoid flying and participating in the marathon sketching and signing sessions I have done for so many years. It’s just more than my body can take, at least for the next several months. I am being set up for some cardio-rehab sessions and have hooked up with a new endocrinologist to help manage my diabetes. I'm also still undergoing treatments for my eyes as well, so it is going to be a pretty extensive overhaul for me, with the hopes of coming out a much improved version of my current self.

This harsh slap of reality is very stinging, but it is unavoidable. I'm a man of limitations right now and those limitations mean that I will now have to disappoint a lot of fans and cause major inconvenience to a lot of convention organizers who relied on me to help bolster attendance at their functions.

I hate this, I really do. I feel so much better than when I had the attack, but I'm not as healed as I felt I was. My engine is damaged and needs time to be repaired.

So, as should come as no surprise to anyone reading this now, I am forced, under doctor’s orders to cancel all convention appearances for at least the rest of the year. I've already contacted all the organizers, who were extremely kind and understanding, and they will be making announcements of their own once this update is made public.

I have also had to cancel other more personal travels, like a vacation with my wife in New York (including seeing Glenn Close in SUNSET BOULEVARD) and a wedding of a young couple closer than family to me. To put it mildly, this sucks. But, it’s what needs to be done right now if I'm ever to return to the convention circuit again (albeit at a slower pace).

One exception is an appearance at a charity event supporting the LOVE IS LOVE project to be held during MegaCon on Friday, May 26th between 6:30 & 7:30 (creators only) and 7:30 to 10 PM for paid attendees (limit of 150 tickets). I will only be signing & chatting only ( no sketches, sorry ), but it’s for a good cause and I hope I get to see a good number of fans there.

I have had a good life, and still do, and this is just a bump in the road. With proper maintenance the ruts in the road will be smoothed out. But until then, there is work I must do, and with the support and love of my wife, family, friends and fans, I will see you all again real soon!

Original story: George Pérez has given an update to fans following a heart attack that led him to cancel his appearance at this past weekend's East Coast Comic Con in Secaucus, New Jersey.

I am so genuinely flattered, humbled, and grateful for all the emails, texts, phone calls and messages that I’ve received regarding my latest medical situation. To clarify the facts to everyone: Yes, I did have a heart attack. I was on a plane leaving from Los Angeles, CA, heading to Secaucus, NJ for a comic convention when I started to feel some discomfort in my chest. It was mild and sporadic at first, but became more intense after I checked into my hotel in New Jersey.

I called the front desk and they called for an ambulance. I also phoned my longtime friend and art agent Spencer Beck, who contacted my wife Carol, who was visiting friends in England. He figured correctly that news of my affliction and possible speculations could fill the social networks, and didn’t want Carol to find out that way. At first it was speculated that I may have had blood clots that may have reached my heart or lungs, but a second EKG determined that I had indeed suffered a heart attack with some rather severe blockage in some of the vessels.

As of this writing, I have already undergone one operation to place a stent to clear the blockage on the right side of my heart and am scheduled to have the left side taken care of today. So far, recovery has been going well and life should be relatively normal after that, although I may have to pull back on the non-stop sketching-marathons that people have come to expect from me at conventions. There may even be a few cancelations, depending on medical advice.

I apologize in advance to those I may disappoint. With this new medical wrinkle added to my past issues regarding my eyesight, there are likely a good number of you feeling a bit sorry for me. Please, don’t be. I’ve had a great run and have been blessed not only with a great career, but also, thanks to all of you nice people buying video games, t-shirts, action figures, collected editions, and watching all those movies and TV shows, my royalty income allows me financial security for life. There are so many of my peers who do not have that luxury. Unfair, but true. So, if these bits of misfortune do need to happen to someone, let it be me. Granted, my output may be curtailed, but I will still be drawing, and loving it as much as ever. Thank you all for caring.

See you in the funny papers.

George Pérez

Offline spritegirl24_7

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »
"For the honor"

20 Years of Multipass! Fifth Element - released May 9th 1997.  Time to go and watch this still great movie! #fifthelement #multipass #scifi

Fathom Events is showing the movie in theaters around the US tomorrow and Wednesday 5/17 in honor of the 20th anniversary. My mom and I are going to see it tomorrow night for her birthday/Mother's Day.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2017, 07:10:26 PM »
:)

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2017, 11:53:08 AM »
I finally made it to the Exhibit Hall! Only took 2 years!

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
I finally made it to the Exhibit Hall! Only took 2 years!

Is there a promotion system based on activity or something, been curious how/why that title is different on people!

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »
Is there a promotion system based on activity or something, been curious how/why that title is different on people!

I think it's based on number of posts. So at 50 you should be in the Exhibit Hall! So close ;-)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
Tambor handled this well:

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2017, 01:55:03 PM »
Non SDCC parking price = $6

Coming to Downtown San Diego this Memorial Day weekend? Park all day at the @SDConventionCtr for only $6. @portofsandiego #GoSanDiego #SD

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #224 on: May 27, 2017, 06:31:21 PM »
theloyalsubjects Happy Memorial Day! Even Shredder is putting his differences aside and helping Mikey and The Boys make pizza! #theloyalsubjects #actionvinyls #tmnt #stayloyal #memorialdayweekend