Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 116695 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #540 on: July 01, 2019, 10:33:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh, man. I was at NYC Pride yesterday and it was a MADHOUSE. World Pride + 50th anniversary of Stonewall = INSANE AMOUNTS OF PEOPLE. I have NEVER been to a Pride parade that crazy before. Walking to the parade was like a parade. It took my friends and I like an hour to find a spot where we had a semi-decent view.

I'm so jealous you were at NY Pride for the Stonewall anniversary.  Wow.  Crowded or not that's historic.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #541 on: July 03, 2019, 08:00:00 AM »
Future Social Media Manager for the Communications and Strategy Department? GO!

Social Media Manager for the Communications and Strategy Department

The Social Media Manager will, in collaboration with the Chief Communications and Strategy Officer, oversee the company’s social media marketing and advertising. Administration will include but is not limited to:

Plan, strategize and set goals,
    Monitor social media platforms, entertainment and industry news sites
    Development of brand awareness and online reputation in a positive, authentic way
    Content management includes writing for social media distribution, content of website and other company assets as may
    be required
    Report on Reach, and Impressions and other analytic data to reflect effectiveness of media outreach campaigns
    Reputation management
    ROI of media campaigns to reflect potential audience growth, audience profile, audience engagement, content reach,
    engagement and negative reaction

The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for comics, movies, television and related popular art. This individual must have a working knowledge of social media platforms and news/entertainment sites that deal with current pop culture. They must be knowledgeable about the comics, gaming, film and related industries.

Responsibilities include:

Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video, written and audio/podcast).
    Monitor, listen to consumers
    Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
    Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with company’s overall
    marketing campaign plan.
    Oversee company photography crew and update procedures and best practices.

Qualifications to include:

Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
Experience sourcing and managing content development.
Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
Superior time management and Detail Oriented.
Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”

Please send resume to [email protected]

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #542 on: Today at 01:11:34 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #542 on: July 03, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
"Monitor social media platforms, entertainment and industry news sites"

Think we all have that covered ;)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #543 on: July 04, 2019, 07:59:09 AM »
ashevansart Happy 4th of July!!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #544 on: July 10, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »
CCI app updated! At least on my iOS device.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #545 on: July 11, 2019, 10:14:36 AM »
It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my beloved Yahoo backpack.  It has been my faithful companion since 2005, a Millennium Falcon of backpacks that never looked like much but always had it where it counted.

You were hardworking and you served me well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #546 on: July 11, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »

It is with great sadness that I announce the retirement of my beloved Yahoo backpack.  It has been my faithful companion since 2005, a Millennium Falcon of backpacks that never looked like much but always had it where it counted.

You were hardworking and you served me well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does this mean you have a cool new one to show us?

(Major props if it actually has the Millennium Falcon on it, or if it's in the shape of the Millennium Falcon! Ha ha!)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #547 on: July 12, 2019, 03:26:46 PM »

Does this mean you have a cool new one to show us?

(Major props if it actually has the Millennium Falcon on it, or if it's in the shape of the Millennium Falcon! Ha ha!)

I've got some options, that's one of today's projects, see which one works best. Nothing Star Wars related unfortunately, though I do have a Millenium Falcon keyfob somewhere.

In other news, our country alert system for the first time ever sent out a Great White shark warning, wonderfully titled

"GREAT WHITE SHARKS SIGHTINING!"

It's not just a sighting, it's the SIGHTINING!  (Actually I think a typo is completely appropriate when you are sending out a warning about sharks.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #548 on: July 12, 2019, 05:20:55 PM »
Great White Shark sighting alert? Wow.  Shouldn't be surprised though.  We get "box jellyfish" alerts.  For some reason we don't get shark alerts, but we get a lot of bites out here.  Where you at?

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #549 on: July 12, 2019, 05:59:41 PM »
Great White Shark sighting alert? Wow.  Shouldn't be surprised though.  We get "box jellyfish" alerts.  For some reason we don't get shark alerts, but we get a lot of bites out here.  Where you at?

Near Half Moon Bay, CA. Offshore a ways is great white central but it's rare for them to be spotted anywhere close to shore and even more so this time of year I think. Plus the water's so cold here people don't really go in the ocean much except for surfers.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #550 on: July 12, 2019, 07:57:44 PM »
I've got some options, that's one of today's projects, see which one works best. Nothing Star Wars related unfortunately, though I do have a Millenium Falcon keyfob somewhere.

In other news, our country alert system for the first time ever sent out a Great White shark warning, wonderfully titled

"GREAT WHITE SHARKS SIGHTINING!"

It's not just a sighting, it's the SIGHTINING!  (Actually I think a typo is completely appropriate when you are sending out a warning about sharks.

Ha ha, Milennium Falcon key fob is still cool.  So... you get some cool points for that, ha ha!  ;p

"Sightning" really means "shark lightning"?!  XD I couldn't resist.  I'm allowed one bad joke a day.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #551 on: July 14, 2019, 05:25:56 PM »
8)

ruppscomics One of the first on the massive show floor of #SDCC 2019 earlier today. 3-day Booth build has begun

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #552 on: July 14, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
As with every year come SDCC, I've waited til nearly the last minute to start planning everything. It's Sunday night, and I only just started looking at the schedule and figuring out what lines I want to be in and when.

Actually, this is better than some years where I don't even look at the schedule until I'm on the plane going to San Diego. Heh.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #553 on: July 23, 2019, 12:30:00 PM »
I hope everyone who was returning to the east coast had better travel than I did! Thunderstorms in NYC delayed my flight four hours, and then getting home from the airport was a nightmare. This is nearly identical to what happened in 2017.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline teriqueen

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 95
« Reply #554 on: July 23, 2019, 01:05:33 PM »
I hope everyone who was returning to the east coast had better travel than I did! Thunderstorms in NYC delayed my flight four hours, and then getting home from the airport was a nightmare. This is nearly identical to what happened in 2017.

Not me. Got up at 3:30 am, was on an American 6:20 am flight to Philly that couldn't leave the gate (check engine light was on, and they had to order parts), flight was delayed three times then cancelled, chaos ensued, and then I was saved by my randomly assigned seat mate--a saintly fellow forum member--who plucked me out of the long line for the gate agent and took me to the Admiral's Club to rebook. Got on a later United flight through DC, where the storms kicked the chaos up a notch. Connecting flight to Vermont was delayed about an hour, but all thirteen of us on the flight made it to Burlington a little before 1:00 am. I got home around 1:30 am. I am completely useless today, but I have been looking into Amtrak schedules. :-)