Author Topic: Movie and TV Spoiler/No Spoiler Thread  (Read 23437 times)

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Re: Movie and TV Spoiler/No Spoiler Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 02:02:53 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I started and finished Aggretsuko on Netflix. If you love Sanrio and have/had a s**tty job, this show is for you. Although it's a cute anime based on Sanrio's character of Aggretsuko, I don't think kids will enjoy it as much since it tackles a lot of adult themes, not much sexual or unwholesome, but really more so what the average adult experiences: friendship, gossip, drama, love life, etc. It's quite relatable. Plus, each episode features the main character, Retsuko singing death metal/venting her frustrations of daily life. The humor is good and the animation is flawless. 10 episodes spanning about 15 minutes each, my wife and I finished this in 2 days. I can't wait for season 2. Highly recommended.
4 stars out of 5.
I’m going to check it out, starting episode 1 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 07:24:17 PM »
Ooh, if we're recommending anime, I think some of you guys would like Wotakoi: Love Is Hard for Otaku. It's on Amazon Prime. Slice of life romance about childhood friends who reconnect when they end up working for the same company. The four mains are all different kinds of otaku, so the episodes are about, like, manga shopping and video game nights. It's freaking adorable. The first (translated) volume of the manga came out last week.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:58:04 PM »

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2018, 02:25:41 PM »
This is something that I never would’ve done without moviepass, and that’s watch 2 movies in 2 consecutive days. I could express further my opinion of Moviepass, but I think that’s a topic for another day.

Just watched Pacific Rim Uprising. ****Some what SPOILERS****
Huge fan of the first one. Guillermo Del Toro is one of my favorite filmmakers. So it pained me to know when GDT only served as producer, dedicating his time to shoot The Shape of Water. The movie tried so hard to meet the expectations of its predecessor, but falls short. The movie almost feels like it could have been a straight-to-DVD film. The scale of this sequel is nowhere near as expansive as the first one. It has a lot of great narrative devices that just don’t pay off in the end. If you have Moviepass and time to spare then watch this. If you don’t, wait for this to hit DVD or just don’t watch it at all.
2 stars out of 5

My buddy and I laughed our way through this and it’s not meant to be a comedy. I read that they decided to go ahead after Charlie Hunnam wasn’t available and it changed some plans. They should have waited. It was very bad.
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 07:20:38 AM »
Saw Season 3 episode 1 of Attack on Titan (along with a recap of season 2 in movie form-great for those of us older folks that can barely remember what we had for breakfast)

It was a great start, and of course, ended at the perfect spot to make waiting the extra week for the next episode even harder!!

I still love Levi so much!
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

eta: well, I clearly put this in the wrong spot.  :-[
Ang

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 04:59:15 AM »
Deadpool 2 comes out on Digital download and streaming today, the Vudu version comes with a bunch of special features.

The Uncut "Super Duper Cut" version is 15 minutes longer.
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2018, 10:01:52 AM »
Deadpool 2 comes out on Digital download and streaming today, the Vudu version comes with a bunch of special features.

I've never been a super duper Deadpool fan.  I find the movies entertaining but didn't plan on buying Deadpool 2.  But after seeing the Rob Liefield and Ryan Reynolds panels I'm really looking forward to buying Deadpool 2 and seeing it again.  So promoting Deadpool 2 at comic-con worked for me.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2018, 12:41:04 PM »

I just found out yesterday that a bunch of Vudu codes were generated for comic-con.  These codes were redeemable to get Deadpool 1 and 2.  100 uses per code.  There were a bunch of codes but of course they all got leaked online and were redeemed.

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
Watched Deadpool 2 again last night. Something odd in the credits which I will put in spoiler space just in case:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.