Author Topic: Question about Hard Rock  (Read 2695 times)

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Question about Hard Rock
« on: May 23, 2018, 10:39:50 AM »
Read through the reviews for Hard Rock but had a quick question.  I know it is going to be super cramped but we usually have people camping out so we were looking at doing 6 in our room.  I read the reviews about having to show room key to get into hotel/elevator.  Is that going to be an issue with 6 people?

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: Question about Hard Rock
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »
Might be. You can ask for more keys, but it may make them suspicious. Or you may need to buddy up for times going back to the room.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:55:17 AM »

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Read through the reviews for Hard Rock but had a quick question.  I know it is going to be super cramped but we usually have people camping out so we were looking at doing 6 in our room.  I read the reviews about having to show room key to get into hotel/elevator.  Is that going to be an issue with 6 people?

They've become quite military at HR.  I have a friend whose industry and she's been at HR the last 3 years.  Every time we go to visit her she has to come down stairs and tell the bouncers we are with her to get into the hotel.  They will stop you at the front door and ask to see a hotel key.  When the xbox lounge was there they let anyone in. Now it's no go unfortunately.  It's simply added security because so many tv/movie stars are there.  The last few years E! channel has been on the second floor doing interviews and broadcasts all day so even the celebs not staying there end up being there for their interviews. They also have a huge invite only party usually on Wed night at the pool.
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 11:31:07 AM »
Seeing how times have changed with events of the past, some hotels have had to adjust as well. now days if not before it is safety first and all. so to be blocked trying to get in is not a surprise cause it prevents anyone who try do bad i guess from getting in unless they try get in somehow like back ways and all.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 01:05:54 PM »
There is not room in the rooms for more than 4 people.  They are also strict on keys and entry during SDCC.  I personally wouldn't risk it.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:26 PM »
So to be more specific I'm assuming I will be able to get at least 3 keys.  If we are always paired up is it going to be an issue with a 2 people trying to go inside or upstairs to the room with 1 key?  As for space I know it is going to be super tight but the extras are broke kids and will be line camping some so figured they can just make due. 

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 01:24:12 PM »
If we are always paired up is it going to be an issue with a 2 people trying to go inside or upstairs to the room with 1 key?  As for space I know it is going to be super tight but the extras are broke kids and will be line camping some so figured they can just make due.

I've never had a problem. And we slept 5 in one room a couple years back, even with an air mattress.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 01:58:13 PM »
We were in a HR suite last year:
-You can probably fit 6 in a room if you have a suite as there's ample area by the couches, however I cant see this being possible without one. Regular rooms tend to be tight, so no room for air mattresses. If you have persevering floor sleepers and alternate when people are in lines with sleep space, this could work out I'm sure.
-No clue what their policy is on having more than 4 room keys, but they definitely do check to see your key upon hotel entry/elevator use. If you always have pairs together (one person with, one person without a key), this wont be an issue. There were several times where we showed one key and indicated we were a pair, no problem.
-We'll see you there this year!

Offline darlenealderson

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 03:35:11 PM »
I stayed there in 2016 and loved it but it was horrible with 6 people, and loud.

We did get enough keys. I played the "I'm collecting all the different ones" card.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 03:52:16 PM »
I tried to check their website for a map or pictures, and if u know the kinda room u are getting u can look at pics and get an idea of how it looks. then those who are in room gotta decide and agree who get what space and switch ea day if want or have to at time. just do right and go in pairs.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 04:28:26 PM »
The studio rooms are pretty cramped. Best place for air mattresses is probably along the feet of the beds. There's not much space between the beds or on the sides.

There's also not a lot of room for stuff, since Hard Rock fills every available surface with their stuff they want you to buy.

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »
So to be more specific I'm assuming I will be able to get at least 3 keys.  If we are always paired up is it going to be an issue with a 2 people trying to go inside or upstairs to the room with 1 key?  As for space I know it is going to be super tight but the extras are broke kids and will be line camping some so figured they can just make due. 

In my experience with Hard Rock, they will give you as many keys as you ask for (within reason of course, haha). If you are discreet about it, you should have no problem getting in and out of the hotel :)
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
Wow. You guys are so hard core with that many people in a room.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 10:54:39 PM »
I stayed there in 2016 and loved it but it was horrible with 6 people, and loud.

We did get enough keys. I played the "I'm collecting all the different ones" card.
Last year I tried the collecting different cards and after the initial 4 they gave me generic cards but never questioned me,.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 10:55:53 PM »
Wow. You guys are so hard core with that many people in a room.
With a suite you can easily have 6 but in the HR Reg room, that is going to be rough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23