Author Topic: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**  (Read 35912 times)

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: Game of Thrones, the Final Season **Spoilers**
« Reply #345 on: May 20, 2019, 10:54:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
When Arya said she was taking off, I envisioned her riding off on a horse into the sunset.  But she's the captain of a ship with a full crew.  Not exactly a lone wolf.

Jon has been in exile since season 1.  The feel I got from that scene where he enters the gate and Tormund is there waiting for him was, "I'm home."

Why is no one talking about what happened to Ghost's ear?
Ghost lost his ear in the battle of winterfell - it's missing in episode 4. It was easy to miss, though, because you were probably too filled with rage at Jon not petting him (I know I was!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #346 on: May 20, 2019, 10:56:05 AM »
I can't believe Brienne is head of Bran's Kingsguard when she swore herself to Sansa.

How could she be with Sansa?  The North is no longer part of the 6 Kingdoms.  The North is for Notherners.  They don't like strangers.  Brienne is not from the North.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #347 on: Today at 02:47:58 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #347 on: May 20, 2019, 10:59:19 AM »
Plus Brienne promised to protect Catelyn's children, and Bran is one of her children. It's just that Catelyn didn't know that Bran was still alive when she gave Brienne this task.

Presumably though, Sansa would have given Brienne permission to stay with Bran. I don't believe the Starks/Kings in the North have historically had a Kingsguard.

I love that Brienne filled in Jamie's entry in the Kingsguard journal. I also love that Grey Worm kept his promise to Missandei and went to protect the people of Naarth.

It's an 'unhappy' ending for Bran and Tyrion, both being forced to do jobs they didn't want.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #348 on: May 20, 2019, 12:05:07 PM »
Good Boi Ghost got pets.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #349 on: May 20, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
I interpreted Jon's situation as exile had he stayed at the wall.  I loved the fact that he "let's keep going, Thelma" and left the wall for the north.

Maybe not literal as Thelma, but the general idea to keep going.  :)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #350 on: May 20, 2019, 02:58:06 PM »
I'd like to think that he and Tormund and Ghost are going to lead a nice life together north of the Wall lol

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #351 on: May 20, 2019, 05:37:09 PM »
Best part of GoT - Westworld III trailer
Worst part of GoT - Westworld III coming out 2020
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #352 on: May 20, 2019, 06:00:48 PM »

Enjoy. :)
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #353 on: May 20, 2019, 07:26:25 PM »
As for who take the Iron Throne, I'd like it to be Sansa but it will probably be Bran.  Why?  Because it makes no sense ...

That’s my takeaway, it just makes no sense and like my above post it was all a big joke.  All the character development and revelations ultimately don’t matter.

Some rhetorical devices questions I have:

-  Why is there even a Night’s Watch when the Night King died and the wall has a big gaping hole in it?  Just because bastards need a home?

- Where is Grey Worm going?  The Unsullied have no lands.

- Why are they going after Drogon? 

- Why did they go up to Castle Black when the wall had fallen?  Supplies, maybe.

Also Jon Snow has a better story than Bran who wasn’t even in one season.  Why the big secret about his heritage?

At least Ghost got pets. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #354 on: May 20, 2019, 07:41:08 PM »
I look at the nights watch as still a way for people to be spared death from crimes. Nothing to watch but they are removed from society and stripped of their name

that or Bran and the others just assumed that Grey Worm and the unsullied wouldn't understand the night's watch was for and they got duped
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #355 on: May 20, 2019, 07:44:42 PM »
That’s my takeaway, it just makes no sense and like my above post it was all a big joke.  All the character development and revelations ultimately don’t matter.

Some rhetorical devices questions I have:

-  Why is there even a Night’s Watch when the Night King died and the wall has a big gaping hole in it?  Just because bastards need a home?

- Where is Grey Worm going?  The Unsullied have no lands.

- Why are they going after Drogon? 

- Why did they go up to Castle Black when the wall had fallen?  Supplies, maybe.

Also Jon Snow has a better story than Bran who wasn’t even in one season.  Why the big secret about his heritage?

At least Ghost got pets. 

-There isn't really a Night's Watch. I mean, probably in name only there is. But Jon got up there and it was mostly Wildlings, and they all went beyond the Wall. The Night's Watchmen that are there are most likely the ones that survived the battle of Winterfell. Where else would they go but back to their home?

-Grey Worm literally says they are headed to Naath

-Probably because a wild dragon flying around is a danger to the citizens of Westeros

-Not really sure what you mean by why did they go back to Castle Black. Why did who go back? The people who were on the wall when it fell? They went back because they were stuck at the top of the wall and had to get there to get back down.

-Jon Snow being a Targaryen, specifically the son of Dany's older brother, completely obliterated her claim to the throne. That claim was the entire reason she was barging into Westeros and trying to grab the throne - because it was hers. And then she found out it wasn't. No worries, he says he doesn't care. But other people do, and Dany recognizes that. She sees the way the northerners and the wildlings rally behind him. She sees Varys switch his loyalty. And she worries the people of Westeros will do the same. Why choose her when Jon has a better claim and grew up there? In my opinion Jon's heritage is the leading reason she blew King's Landing apart.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #356 on: May 20, 2019, 07:45:58 PM »
So much for rhetorical. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #357 on: May 20, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »
So much for rhetorical. 

Sorry, I missed that word in your original post. The Grey Worm question definitely wasn't rhetorical though. But I think he was speaking Valyrian in that scene, so maybe you just missed a subtitle. And, like I said, I wasn't sure what the Castle Black question was referring to but I thought it was genuinely something you were seeking clarification on.

I wasn't trying to be snarky. I just think the questions you brought up had completely valid answers.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #358 on: May 20, 2019, 08:37:13 PM »
Fitting and satisfying finale, if a little underwhelming.  I wish we got more episodes but overall im happy with what we did get in season 8.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #359 on: May 21, 2019, 06:25:01 AM »
I forget if the show ever touched upon Davos' backstory of how he smuggled food to Stannis during the rebellion and how Stannis, despite rewarding him, still had to cut off his fingers because he broke the law.  I see Jon's exile as the same thing.  They still had to punish him, even if only as a show to the remaining unsullied and dothraki.  And as far as the south was always concerned, the Nights Watch didn't really serve much of a purpose except as a convenient way to get rid of prisoners and needless offspring.  It was only the northerners who thought the nights watch actually did anything.  Think of the Nights Watch as a precursor to Siberia and the idea of living the rest of your life in some frozen tundra probably seemed like punishment for Grey Worm.