Author Topic: SDCC 2020 Returning Registration  (Read 31969 times)

Offline Nyjin

• Room 6BCF
  • Sleeping at Panels
  • Liked: 139
Re: SDCC 2020 Returning Registration
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2019, 02:13:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[member=8008]Nyjin[/member] - Get outta my mind...I was just thinking about you and all of the hotel angels.  Am I actually looking forward to the post hotelpocalypse angel watch?!!  Dare I say...yes?   ::)

I lucked out on Hotelpocalypse last year and still watched the Hotel List every day. It's like a daily roulette!

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2019, 06:41:21 PM »
I lucked out on Hotelpocalypse last year and still watched the Hotel List every day. It's like a daily roulette!
[member=8008]Nyjin[/member] - Get outta my mind...I was just thinking about you and all of the hotel angels.  Am I actually looking forward to the post hotelpocalypse angel watch?!!  Dare I say...yes?   ::)

Oooooh best time of the year, see you there guys ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #227 on: Today at 12:51:32 PM »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
Up until RR 2014, I said I would never join a group due to trust issues and in fact just the year before I was ripped off by somebody online for the first and so far only time.  I’ll just say it was not related to CC.

After lucking out on my own in 2013 when we had not two but three registration attempts which consisted of 1.) Return Registration 2.) Open Registration and 3.) Last Chance Registration, I decided to bite the bullet and take my chance with joining a group and if I get ripped off, it’s on me.  The last time I did this on my own, I only got Thursday and Sunday at RR and nada at the later two registrations.  It was also the last one where everybody jumped in the waiting room at the same time in which some got in and others did not.

So ever since I joined a group, I’ve been lucky to get Preview Night each and every time, although last year I decided to forgo preview night and chose to get Sunday only this year.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #228 on: October 16, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »
Popping in to say my group of about 6 was entirely successful in getting all 4 days (No Preview night).

Now to wait for Open Reg to help out a few new friends (and maybe snag Preview Night).

And then, my favorite part of them all...Hotelpocalypse.   ;D

Congrats!! Majority of our buying group got 3-4days and a few lucky folks who snagged all 5 days. 

Lol I didn’t have any luck last year in snagging a downtown SD hotel during Hotelpocalypse any suggestions/tips you care to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #229 on: October 16, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »
Lol I didn’t have any luck last year in snagging a downtown SD hotel during Hotelpocalypse any suggestions/tips you care to share?

Persistence. I crapped out during Hotelpocalypse (even though I got in early), so I ritually stalked the hotel list like a Hawk and on the final day was able to score the Hilton Bayfront. In addition, even if you don't initially get the hotel you want, there are always good, downtown hotels available as the days get closer.

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2019, 12:41:18 PM »
Persistence. I crapped out during Hotelpocalypse (even though I got in early), so I ritually stalked the hotel list like a Hawk and on the final day was able to score the Hilton Bayfront. In addition, even if you don't initially get the hotel you want, there are always good, downtown hotels available as the days get closer.

Wait you got Bayfront on the final day? That's impressive!!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #231 on: October 16, 2019, 02:50:33 PM »
72+ hours and I never received a confirmation for 2 of my 3 sessions that made it through. Card was only charged for one session. I have screen shots, but hopefully they contact me soon to tell me my other 2 sessions were flagged, so I can use another card.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #232 on: October 16, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »

Congrats!! Majority of our buying group got 3-4days and a few lucky folks who snagged all 5 days. 

Like [member=3102]sylent_asassin[/member] said, persistence, last year I got MGH from the sale which turned to be an awesome hotel, but still decided to stalk the waitlist (part of my personal SDCC experience of each year at this point lol) saw the HBF pop up too and decided to reduce my MGH reservation and spent two nights on HBF, got rewarded by meeting Sarah Chalke (Elliot from scrubs) at the lobby of the bayfront!

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #233 on: October 16, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »
72+ hours and I never received a confirmation for 2 of my 3 sessions that made it through. Card was only charged for one session. I have screen shots, but hopefully they contact me soon to tell me my other 2 sessions were flagged, so I can use another card.

Did you get the initial confirmation email? (There are two emails... the initial confirmation that comes 10-30 minutes after registration, and the CC charged confirmation which comes within 48 hours)

I don't know if this happened to you, but one year I nearly screwed up the badge buying process because I didn't actually go through the entire process. There's a page where you have to type "AGREE", and I thought that was actually the confirmation page. It was some 10 minutes later (still within badge buying window) when I looked and noticed it. Luckily I hadn't closed the tab.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #234 on: October 16, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »
Did you get the initial confirmation email? (There are two emails... the initial confirmation that comes 10-30 minutes after registration, and the CC charged confirmation which comes within 48 hours)

I don't know if this happened to you, but one year I nearly screwed up the badge buying process because I didn't actually go through the entire process. There's a page where you have to type "AGREE", and I thought that was actually the confirmation page. It was some 10 minutes later (still within badge buying window) when I looked and noticed it. Luckily I hadn't closed the tab.

I have read many stories about the "AGREE" box, wondering why dont change it to a click box or captcha, I mean nobody expects to write something before finishing.

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #235 on: October 16, 2019, 04:37:12 PM »
Like [member=3102]sylent_asassin[/member] said, persistence, last year I got MGH from the sale which turned to be an awesome hotel, but still decided to stalk the waitlist (part of my personal SDCC experience of each year at this point lol) saw the HBF pop up too and decided to reduce my MGH reservation and spent two nights on HBF, got rewarded by meeting Sarah Chalke (Elliot from scrubs) at the lobby of the bayfront!

This is awesome!! Thanks for the tips and those experiences meeting Sarah Chalke are priceless

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #236 on: October 16, 2019, 04:37:58 PM »

Thanks! You have definitely given me some hope in this process!! Thank you!!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2019, 04:48:18 PM »

Only for one session. I got nothing for the other two. But looking at the screenshots, I think you may be right about the AGREE box. I never should have let the wife run that laptop! LOL
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 04:50:20 PM by Dubb »

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2019, 07:11:06 PM »
Only for one session. I got nothing for the other two. But looking at the screenshots, I think you may be right about the AGREE box. I never should have let the wife run that laptop! LOL

If you got to the point of the "AGREE" box, didnt fill it and you have a screenshot you can try emailing CCI, have heard they are willing to help and may be able to fix it, maybe not, but it doesnt hurt trying.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »
If you got to the point of the "AGREE" box, didnt fill it and you have a screenshot you can try emailing CCI, have heard they are willing to help and may be able to fix it, maybe not, but it doesnt hurt trying.
Especially post-Returning Reg/pre-General Registration.  Meaning, there are still likely at least 50% of all badge inventory and CCI maybe has a bit more leeway than they'd maybe have after General Registration sales