Author Topic: Hampton Inn Mission Valley and good restaurants Mission Valley  (Read 1788 times)

Offline themulkeys

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Hello All,

First time to Comic Con and trying to plan our trip. 

Can anyone shed their experience in staying at the Mission Valley Hampton Inn?  Also, best local restaurants or best restaurants in Mission Valley?

Thanks in advance. 

Melissa

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Hampton Inn Mission Valley and good restaurants Mission Valley
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 05:34:29 PM »
Try here.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline themulkeys

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 05:42:59 PM »
Try here.

Thank you - I have checked here.     For the Hampton Inn Mission Valley, says no reviews yet.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 08:18:04 PM »
TripAdvisor probably has hotel reviews.

Broken Yolk is pretty popular. They serve breakfast and lunch. There is one in the Westfield Mission Valley mall, near the In n Out. Lazy Dog Cafe is popular too. There is a newer seafood buffet near there, 100. If you’re looking for options or other chains, there is the Fashion Valley mall and Hazard Center nearby too with more food options. There are a few new trendy places in FV but they tend to be pricier.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 02:47:58 PM »
We've stayed in Mission Valley quite a bit during Comic-Con, but most of the restaurants we've eaten at during our Comic-Con trips are outside of Mission Valley. Our usual goal during Comic-Con is to eat at places we can't eat at home, plus we love trying out new non-chain restaurant places. But, there are some Mission Valley places we enjoyed:

• Broken Yolk - for breakfast/brunch
  • Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill - ate their last year and enjoyed it, family friendly & easy parking; will probably go again this year
  • In-N-Out Burger - we have one at home, but perfect when you are wanting easy, cheap, and you're tired & hungry
  • King's Fish House

There are places we like that have a Mission Valley location, but we haven't actually eaten at the Mission Valley location.
  • Lazy Dog
  • Yardhouse
  • North Italia
  • BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
  • Gordon Biersch
  • The Habit Burger Grill

SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 03:02:30 PM »

• In-N-Out Burger - we have one at home, but perfect when you are wanting easy, cheap, and you're tired & hungry

lol honestly? This.  I've Lyfted all the way out to Mission Valley from downtown to get my fix.  Very convenient.

Also depending on where you are in Mission Valley (I think Hampton Inn looks close) you can walk to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, which has a ton of options.[/list]

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 07:30:52 PM »
We've stayed in Mission Valley quite a bit during Comic-Con, but most of the restaurants we've eaten at during our Comic-Con trips are outside of Mission Valley. Our usual goal during Comic-Con is to eat at places we can't eat at home, plus we love trying out new non-chain restaurant places. But, there are some Mission Valley places we enjoyed:

• Broken Yolk - for breakfast/brunch
  • Wood Ranch BBQ & Grill - ate their last year and enjoyed it, family friendly & easy parking; will probably go again this year
  • King's Fish House

I am local and these are all very good recommendations. I'd also add The Kebab Shop to the list in Mission Valley for great food. A lot of locals also swear by The Waffle Spot for breakfast, which is located in King's Inn, which is very close to the Hampton Inn. I, personally, do not recommend The Broken Yolk. It's a Southern California chain and just not that great, IMO. If given the choice, I'd rather eat at Denny's or IHOP than Broken Yolk. I only ever eat there once a year and it's during SDCC because we have our forum breakfast meetup there.
[/list]

There are places we like that have a Mission Valley location, but we haven't actually eaten at the Mission Valley location.
  • Lazy Dog
  • Yardhouse
  • North Italia
  • BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse
  • Gordon Biersch
  • The Habit Burger Grill
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Katamari13

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:02 AM »
San Diego's best food is its Mexican food. Go to a good taco shop (at least 4 stars on yelp and not more than two $), not a chain. You probably won't find better Mexican food outside of California.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 08:28:19 AM »
I, personally, do not recommend The Broken Yolk. It's a Southern California chain and just not that great, IMO. If given the choice, I'd rather eat at Denny's or IHOP than Broken Yolk. I only ever eat there once a year and it's during SDCC because we have our forum breakfast meetup there.

We've gone to Broken Yolk on several of our SDCC visits but we just got on in Las Vegas, where we live, so not likely we'll go to the San Diego one anymore - except for the forum breakfast. The Mission Valley one is always so packed anyway and since we always need seating for a larger group, we always have to wait a while. And both Denny's (on Camino Del Rio) and IHOP (in Fenton Marketplace) have been lifesavers for us on more than one San Diego trip...tired, hungry, and wanting a no-frills place. Ha, but just don't go to IHOP on their anniversary which has hit during Comic-Con week...it's crazy packed depending on the special pancake deal they offer.  :D

SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:04 AM »
Hampton Inn Downtown just popped up

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 05:07:15 PM »
We've gone to Broken Yolk on several of our SDCC visits but we just got on in Las Vegas, where we live, so not likely we'll go to the San Diego one anymore - except for the forum breakfast. The Mission Valley one is always so packed anyway and since we always need seating for a larger group, we always have to wait a while. And both Denny's (on Camino Del Rio) and IHOP (in Fenton Marketplace) have been lifesavers for us on more than one San Diego trip...tired, hungry, and wanting a no-frills place. Ha, but just don't go to IHOP on their anniversary which has hit during Comic-Con week...it's crazy packed depending on the special pancake deal they offer.  :D

A fellow 702’er!!!!
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face