Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration  (Read 24154 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2019, 07:36:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Apologies but that's what I thought I was inferring; where I would pay the applicable fees or if someone would rather I would transfer a room and then the difference of the cost between the room and the badge would be covered, hence no extra compensation would be given. Sorry if that didn't come across accurately.

I have removed the original post. If you’d like to restate your request offering only direct compensation for the cost of the badge feel free to do so. If you have a room to trade or share please head over to the Housing area and do so there. Thanks.

Offline somethingclever

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2019, 08:27:19 PM »
I have removed the original post. If you’d like to restate your request offering only direct compensation for the cost of the badge feel free to do so. If you have a room to trade or share please head over to the Housing area and do so there. Thanks.
I'm sorry about that, I just figured  if you're allowed to offer the cost of a badge for a badge and you're allowed to offer the cost of a room for a room; then you'd also be allowed to offer a room for a badge plus what ever the remaining cost of the room is. I assumed that if it were an equal and fair exchange that it might be allowed. I didn't realize that that would constitute any extra compensation being involved. Sorry again, I meant no disrespect I guess I just missed something. Thanks for your understanding and I'll repost with a proper request.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #107 on: Today at 11:34:39 PM »

Offline somethingclever

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2019, 08:37:27 PM »
Hi everybody,

Apparently my last request post did violate a rule about extra compensation; I sincerely apologize, that was not my intent. I was under the impression that if the compensation was of equal amounts it wouldn't constitute anything "extra" (I guess I was wrong and I'm sorry). So with that said I'd like to try this one more time if possible -

And I know this is a Hail Mary/fat chance/yeah right/no way in hell/down to the wire/last minute/Nth hour/WTF type of request (and now I believe no longer breaking any forum rules). But, I screwed up and was hoping against hope that someone somewhere might still have an available guest badge they'd be willing to spare. If allowed, I'd be willing to pay whatever the exact fees are associated with it (without any 'extra compensation'). Again, I know this is last minute, but if anyone could do anything I would greatly appreciate it. Please PM me or email me as soon as possible and thanks to anyone who bothered taking the time to even read this and I hope someone out there is still able to help me out.

Thanks,
Nick

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2019, 03:37:33 PM »
Has anyone contacted Pro Reg recently? Sent an email to confirm some info on my badge but haven’t heard back and am starting to freak out, haha. They normally get back to me in a couple hours.

Offline knuckles

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2019, 01:32:23 PM »
Hello everyone. Greetings!

So, I've made a horrible mistake - I thought the badge deadline was May 13th for pros but that was the shipping deadline. I dragged my butt registering, but I already made plans for traveling including expensive international non-refundable tickets.

I e-mailed last week but haven't heard back, has anyone else been in the scenario? I'm completely stressed out of my gourd now, absolutely gutted and incredibly depressed. Has anyone had any experience with hopefully processing a late Pro App last year?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2019, 01:38:02 PM »
Hello everyone. Greetings!

So, I've made a horrible mistake - I thought the badge deadline was May 13th for pros but that was the shipping deadline. I dragged my butt registering, but I already made plans for traveling including expensive international non-refundable tickets.

I e-mailed last week but haven't heard back, has anyone else been in the scenario? I'm completely stressed out of my gourd now, absolutely gutted and incredibly depressed. Has anyone had any experience with hopefully processing a late Pro App last year?

Not to be an old school marm here, but why would you go as far as booking non-refundable travel and not just registering your badge. We were able to register back in November for crying out loud. Or are you saying you were never approved? I'd say if you've not been approved by now, you won't be but stranger things have happened I guess.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline knuckles

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2019, 01:43:18 PM »
Not to be an old school marm here, but why would you go as far as booking non-refundable travel and not just registering your badge. We were able to register back in November for crying out loud. Or are you saying you were never approved? I'd say if you've not been approved by now, you won't be but stranger things have happened I guess.

I was approved, just needed to confirm my badge.

I have no excuses - life just came at me fast and I had this date marked on my calendar. I booked airfare last year, always stay outside the convention center, so I don't pay too close attention to SDCC traveling news until the summer - and this was marked on my things to do this month.

Ehh, it was a huge mistake and I have no excuses like I said, but I'm hoping someone has had some kind of interaction with CCI about this situation for reference.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2019, 01:46:27 PM »
I was approved, just needed to confirm my badge.

I have no excuses - life just came at me fast and I had this date marked on my calendar. I booked airfare last year, always stay outside the convention center, so I don't pay too close attention to SDCC traveling news until the summer - and this was marked on my things to do this month.

Ehh, it was a huge mistake and I have no excuses like I said, but I'm hoping someone has had some kind of interaction with CCI about this situation for reference.

My only similar issue was that I emailed them and asked to register a guest for WonderCon after the deadline and they did it for me, but it was WonderCon and it was a guest. I don't know if they are as forgiving or willing to listen when it comes to SDCC.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline knuckles

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
Praying for their mercy and benevolence!

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #114 on: May 15, 2019, 10:35:52 AM »
I still haven't heard anything back and I'm just hoping for a verification on the address I put.

Wonder if they are swamped or have just shut down the shop for a bit.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2019, 04:11:42 PM »
Q:  Have any Professionals received a badge shipping email?

from the Badge Shipping thread

This is in my conformation email. An I misreading something?

BADGE PICK-UP:

Your Comic-Con 2019 professional badge will NOT be shipped in advance. Your badge and all associated guest badges will be printed for you when this confirmation is scanned at the Registration Area in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center: 111 West Harbor Drive San Diego, CA 92101. You must have a valid photo ID and this confirmation to pick up your badge.

Badge pick-up hours for professionals are as follows:

Wednesday, July 17   12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, July 18   8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday, July 19   8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday, July 20   8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Sunday, July 21   8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
As a preregistered professional, you may attend Preview Night on Wednesday, July 17 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Professionals may pick up their 4-day badge on any day of the convention. This badge confirmation is your "ticket" into Comic-Con 2019. Please do not duplicate your confirmation as we will not be able to honor duplicate confirmations.

[member=122]Brian.A[/member] I reposted here.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 04:18:17 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2019, 04:35:12 PM »
Q:  Have any Professionals received a badge shipping email?

from the Badge Shipping thread

[member=122]Brian.A[/member] I reposted here.

Haven’t received notification yet, but did you verify your address @Brian.A before the deadline?

I was under the impression we were getting them shipped as well.

Offline Roshawn

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »
The Pro badges usually ship two weeks after regular badges. Brian is either international or has an unverified address.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2019, 04:54:06 PM »

[member=122]Brian.A[/member] by chance, are any of your guests international?

I read that you did get badges last year before an email so your past address should be verified already.

Could you try and have your confirmation resent via the Member ID selecting the “Registration Info” tab, and clicking the yellow “Resend Comic-Con Badge Confirmation” button and compare if any changes to shipping?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2019, 05:59:36 PM »
Did you just recently register or add a guest?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter