Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration  (Read 24154 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Already got my Pro badge+1, can I still get 1 more guest?
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does anyone know once you purchased your pro badge and 1 guest badge, can you still log in and request a 2nd guest badge? I can't log in right now so I can't check and the suspense is killing me haha

Forum Housekeeping:

Merged this new thread into the SDCC 2019 Pro Registration thread (where professional registration questions are housed). 

Hopefully you'll get a response a little faster that way because other professionals are probably keeping an eye out on the main professional badge registration thread too!

^___~
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline spoox

• Exhibit Hall
  • Alaska, The Real Hoth!
  • Liked: 27
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2018, 03:17:35 PM »
Thanks [member=317]Zero[/member] :D

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 09:49:56 PM »

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
For anyone keeping count, I received my Pro badge invitation and ability to add 1 paid guest.  Since I was Pro last year, I did not need to verify but did have the ability to offer two paid guests last year, so feeling the squeeze.  Continued luck in getting the badges and on to Hotel-pocalypse !

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2018, 06:50:19 PM »
Hi,

As you may know, Open Registration was last Saturday and this was one of the most successful sales I’ve witnessed as a part of the FoCC network. One group was able to start cross-buying before Saturday sold out and we thought we were all finished before Thursday and Sunday sold out. Unfortunately, due to oversight Epicaz and I had a new member who preferred to go on Saturday and was okay with any available as long as she got at least one day, but alas ended up with none. By any chance is there someone that is not using both of their guest badges?

I really want to make this member’s dream come true so that she can experience the magic of SDCC for the first time.

- Rory aka Takit0
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration - hope to find two badges for a special friend
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2018, 06:13:12 AM »
I sincerely hope that I'm not violating any board rules with my ask (if so, please tell me and I'll remove immediately!). 

While I am fortunate to have a Pro badge to accommodate myself and my work colleague, I am hoping to find someone available to offer someone who might have the ability to offer 2 badges for purchase at the appropriate cost for a wonderful, generous man and his special needs son.  It's been his son's dream to attend SDCC and now he is old enough to enjoy it.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas around how we might help, please let me know via PM. Best to all for a Happy Holiday !

Offline Irongall

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »
Anyone else have to wait 5 months to hear back from the professional registration department?

So, I've been an attending professional since 1996, never had an issue getting approved...
This year I mailed my application in like I always do, and waited the six to eight weeks required for verification. Not hearing back on the 9th week, I sent an email inquiring about my application.  I recieved an auto-reply, and no one responded. Waiting an additional week again another auto-reply, and no responce. Finally near the beginning of November I got a response, it took a full month to reply to an email! At first they tried to claim I never sent any emails to them or my application after showing proof, they backtracked and said it was lost, and that I will need to scan and email my work to them. Because I sent physical publications to them I was concerned about how those materials would look scanned and sent. The pro reg staff told me to not send my art, and only send the credit pages.  This seemed like odd advice, but I followed their instructions and re sent my application via email. Professional registration never confirmed they recieved my materials, and once again stopped answering emails. I waited another three weeks to give them some time. More unanswered emails... finally two weeks in December I get an email at 5pm stating that my application was not diverse enough to be accepted. Yet they were the ones who told me not to send art work only credit pages... I attempted to email them back, and recieved an another auto-reply saying they're out of the office till January 4. Basically they waited till the last minute they were in the office before going on a two week vacation.  Talk about passive agressive!  In five months of trying to get my application verified the professional registration department only contacted me twice. I'm frankly amazed at how impersonal and unprofessional sdcc has become.

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 08:55:12 PM »
Anyone else have to wait 5 months to hear back from the professional registration department?

So, I've been an attending professional since 1996, never had an issue getting approved...
This year I mailed my application in like I always do, and waited the six to eight weeks required for verification. Not hearing back on the 9th week, I sent an email inquiring about my application.  I recieved an auto-reply, and no one responded. Waiting an additional week again another auto-reply, and no responce. Finally near the beginning of November I got a response, it took a full month to reply to an email! At first they tried to claim I never sent any emails to them or my application after showing proof, they backtracked and said it was lost, and that I will need to scan and email my work to them. Because I sent physical publications to them I was concerned about how those materials would look scanned and sent. The pro reg staff told me to not send my art, and only send the credit pages.  This seemed like odd advice, but I followed their instructions and re sent my application via email. Professional registration never confirmed they recieved my materials, and once again stopped answering emails. I waited another three weeks to give them some time. More unanswered emails... finally two weeks in December I get an email at 5pm stating that my application was not diverse enough to be accepted. Yet they were the ones who told me not to send art work only credit pages... I attempted to email them back, and recieved an another auto-reply saying they're out of the office till January 4. Basically they waited till the last minute they were in the office before going on a two week vacation.  Talk about passive agressive!  In five months of trying to get my application verified the professional registration department only contacted me twice. I'm frankly amazed at how impersonal and unprofessional sdcc has become.

I just realized that I hadn't received a response back myself and JUST sent them an email. The auto reply said that Pro badge is actually happening now! So far it doesn't look good for me *sigh*

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »
Silly Question:

What do you mean, when you say, Pro Badge is happening now?

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2019, 01:45:52 PM »
I think "pro badge is actually happening now" meant that pro registration is happening now. Which yes, has been open for a while now. I do' recall the close date so you may have to stay on them about that. Good luck

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2019, 04:15:43 PM »
Quick update:

I finally heard back from CCI (5 months later) with an approval. I think they forgot about me lol. ANYWAY, did anyone else have to pay for their pro badge?? I’m not talking about guest badges I’m talking about your own pro badge.

Offline sin86a

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 85
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2019, 09:15:44 AM »
Pro registration was all over the place this year. Some pros had to pay for their own badge and some didn't. Some received 2 free guests, while others got 2 paid guests, etc. Not sure that there was any rhyme or reason though.

Offline Irongall

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2019, 02:56:17 PM »
Since I waited five months for the pro reg people to get back to me open registration to purchase badges came and went.  So far I've sent a certified letter to Chris Schoenthal, along with my pro application they lost. It's been over 2 months, and I never got the certified letter recipt back.  I also lodged a complaint against the pro reg department back in december, and followed it up in early January, and no word from them as well... I've been a verified pro since 1996, and have never had a problem being verified before. I'm amazed at the unprofessional conduct and lack of integrity such a large organisation has.

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2019, 02:50:13 PM »
I have a question - In the Comic-con member ID page, it says that my friend has a confirmed Pro Badge for Wondercon but for Comic-con it says that she is eligible for a free pass and paid guest. However, it doesn't say that she has completed the claim/purchase process as it does with Wondercon. However, we went through the process when it first opened and actually have a confirmed registration receipt for Comic-con and my VISA was charged accordingly when we registered. Does anyone else see this? I just want to make sure we have a valid receipt and barcode, especially since my visa was charged. Thanks for anyone that can respond to this question.

UPDATE: Comic-con was able to answer my question - as long as you have your barcode confirmation, you are set!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:10:30 AM by RSilvaConFan »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2019, 10:16:56 AM »
Quick update:

I finally heard back from CCI (5 months later) with an approval. I think they forgot about me lol. ANYWAY, did anyone else have to pay for their pro badge?? I’m not talking about guest badges I’m talking about your own pro badge.

Yes!!! I have two badges, paid pro and paid guest! There was some mishandling with my application and they took their last minute time responding! And when they did that's what i got. Feels like last ones in got paid pro.... -_- i appealing next year. I feel like i got put in the trade pro side, even tho there's no "trade or creative pro" anymore..

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2019, 02:05:12 PM »
Does anyone have an additional Guest badge available for another Pro on my team ? This year I received only one guest and I really need two for my crew. Thanks in advance for any help.