Author Topic: 2022 Hotel Request Thread (for members not eligible for the exchange)  (Read 9263 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
This is NOT an official FoCC exchange. Proceed at your own risk.

If you are looking for a room, post here.

If you are offering a room, go through the posts and send a DM to offer your room.

IF YOU GET A ROOM, PLEASE ---- EDIT THE POST TO INDICATE YOU NO LONGER NEED A ROOM ----
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:28:16 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline victor.m.calderon.jr

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Looking for a room, preferably downtown but open to rooms.
Never got the link for the hotel in email, and just got my ticket through volunteering.
Looking for a room with 2 beds, going to try and take my kids this year.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline anime23

• Sails Pavilion
    • The Nerd Element
  • Liked: 8
Looking for a room, 1 bed is fine 2 is ok too. Thanks to the admins for creating this thread

admin aly - she has a room
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:26:45 PM by alyssa »
SDCC, WC, SWCA, Comikaze, D23, Paleyfest, E3 hopefully Vidcon soon
@thenerdelement
@TNE_DCTVPodcast
@TNE_MarvelTV
@TNE_Travel

Offline CHEYS671Guam

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
Looking for: Room with two beds closer to the convention center (mile or less:)

If anyone is interested . . .: I have a reservation for Springhills Suites (Tuesday - Sunday). 1 King Bed + Sofa Sleeper Suite. I have not made any payments until this & I can just transfer/change the name.

I currently have Westin San Diego (not Gaslamp) as my back-up but if I find a new hotel, this will also be available later~

Thank you for looking!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 07:05:40 PM by CHEYS671Guam »

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
looking for a room.
Downtown (closer the better)
2 beds needed (party of 4)

THANK YOU FOR THE ASSIST
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 07:41:53 AM by stl_ben »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
Please remember

IF YOU GET A ROOM, PLEASE ---- EDIT THE POST TO INDICATE YOU NO LONGER NEED A ROOM ----
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
Hope I am doing this correctly this time.  Apologies for posting in the wrong thread earlier (it HAS been three years so I am rusty).  Our group may have a few rooms at the Kona Kai to give away.  We have until Friday to make our deposits and I am trying to find out from OnPeak how to do this without having to put up the deposit for the rooms we are NOT keeping.  Two people in our hotel group got Kona Kai in our lottery picks.  I will check back here tomorrow evening with updates.  The Kona Kai is pretty nice, stayed there three years ago thankfully from a FOCC member who gave away a room to us.  I was hoping for something walking distance this year, but so were 250K other hopefuls...and so it goes.

If anyone has an extra room though at the Manchester, Omni, or Bayfront and wants to swap, we are most interested.  Kona Kai is on the Teal Line, it's Shelter Island and the rates are lower than Gaslamp.

Offline ElizaC

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
Hi, I am looking for a room in these downtown hotels. If anyone happen to has one that you can offload, it'll be greatly appreciated!

Preferred Hotels: Marriott Marquis and Marina, Hilton Bayfront, Omni, Manchester Grand Hyatt, Hard Rock, Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter, basically any downtown hotel that's less than 0.5 mile away from convention center
Type of room needed: any type works

Offline Jamesonite

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Hello, so far we have not gotten a hotel we my wife and I did put in requests.

Anyhow we are looking for a downtown hotel for a family of 4, ideally close to the convention center but anything within a mile is fine.

Offline T3hshultzie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Hello all! Thank you forum moderators for making this post!

Looking For Any downtown hotel for my wife and 8 month old that is within walking distance to the convention center.

Preferred hotel Our primary choices were the Residence Inn Marriott or the Marriott Gaslamp, but we would be happy with anything within walking distance.

Unfortunately I don't have any rooms to offer/trade, so any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Was graciously offered a room, thank you all!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 08:12:27 PM by T3hshultzie »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Please remember

in addition

Respond quickly as folks giving away a room do not have time to wait. Check your PM's often
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 07:45:40 AM by alyssa »

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
Hotel Needed

Hello everyone, Cosplayer here looking for a room at the Hard Rock, Bayfront, MM, MGH or Omni downtown. Also, If you’re looking for a roommate & have one of these hotels please feel free to message me.

Offline Daniel Sandoval

• Freebie Table
    • thisinnishaunted
  • Liked: 5
Didn't get through the waiting room til 9:07 :(, looking for room if anyone has one they don't need. Would love a room at the Mariott Marquis Mariana.
Simon dice.

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
I really appreciate this thread. Thanks Alyssa for starting this it; truly one of the best mods/admins on this board! I've been an active member who wasn't eligible for the FoCC hotel exchange so to be part of this is awesome. I understand that this at our own risk. I'm going to wait until round 2 of the hotel lottery results in hopes that I get something downtown. If not, then I'll try my luck on here. Thanks again Alyssa!
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline Lavi

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Hope I'm doing this right....so long till I last wrote.

I'm an Italian girl looking for a room in a hotel downtown, the closer the better. I'm ADA. I can manage everything pretty ok myself, I just get tired more easily, so it will be great to find something close the the con.
Been going to SDCC for the past 8 years and willing to help out with the planning.
Either a room or just a spot in someone room would be great. I make a good roommate.

Thanks
Lavi :D