Author Topic: 2022 Hotel Request Thread (for members not eligible for the exchange)  (Read 9260 times)

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
Thank you Alyssa!  I am going to try to check out the meet ups!  First year going alone.  I am very excited about it but nervous at the same time thinking about having to talk to people on my own lol

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you Alyssa!  I am going to try to check out the meet ups!  First year going alone.  I am very excited about it but nervous at the same time thinking about having to talk to people on my own lol
try and get into the breakfast meet up
you might run into some of them at con and/or have the same panel *mustSee* list ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3

I have a reservation I don't need! Courtyard Marriot Downtown (2 Rooms)

Claimed!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 07:55:12 PM by spiffythedog »

Offline aaktraveler

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
Is it possible to take one of the rooms or is the reservation for both?

Offline spiffythedog

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Im not entirely sure, but I am guessing you could choose just one room and not both

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
Im not entirely sure, but I am guessing you could choose just one room and not both

Urgh, I'm about to go off lunch break so I'll try to make this super quick. This seems to be a block reservation

You can delete one of the rooms from the reservation, if needed, but to get to that screen iirc a credit card needs to be placed on the block room group. In order to distribute block rooms, a main card has to be placed on the block reservation after you activate the account (create a login, verify via email, etc. and then it takes you to a reservation screen where you can choose to edit the reservation.) I recommend to use like a random gift card that has something left on it (not enough to place the deposit etc. but enough that it still registers as active. Last I was able to test it out, that still worked but it's been a while.) It will attempt to charge the card about 1 hour after the initial card is placed, so you have to work fast, so make sure anyone taking a room is ready!

After the main card is down, you should be taken to a screen that'll show you each room with the current reservation holder & list of occupants. You'll be able to change occupant names and emails here and prompt to send a distribution email where people getting the room(s) will be able to make their own account for the room and individual reservation. They'll then be able to put a new card down to only be charged for that specific room.

Go through this process for each room and try to do it quickly. Like I said, it'll try to charge the main card, this year, around an hour after it's first put down. AND make sure that the new card and info has been successfully entered, I think NCDS had to click proceed or something eventually on our block reservation.

To delete a room, click the trascan icon for the room in question. I have heard that OP's been screwing up a bit this year and charging 1 night's charge for deleting a room. Hopefully this was fixed, because it shouldn't be that way and people have successfully called to get it fixed/waived. We think maybe a refund/cancellation deadline (there is a fee of 1 night's stay after a certain date in the future) was entered incorrectly somewhere at this point for this year.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Urgh, I'm about to go off lunch break so I'll try to make this super quick. This seems to be a block reservation

You can delete one of the rooms from the reservation, if needed, but to get to that screen iirc a credit card needs to be placed on the block room group. In order to distribute block rooms, a main card has to be placed on the block reservation after you activate the account (create a login, verify via email, etc. and then it takes you to a reservation screen where you can choose to edit the reservation.) I recommend to use like a random gift card that has something left on it (not enough to place the deposit etc. but enough that it still registers as active. Last I was able to test it out, that still worked but it's been a while.) It will attempt to charge the card about 1 hour after the initial card is placed, so you have to work fast, so make sure anyone taking a room is ready!

After the main card is down, you should be taken to a screen that'll show you each room with the current reservation holder & list of occupants. You'll be able to change occupant names and emails here and prompt to send a distribution email where people getting the room(s) will be able to make their own account for the room and individual reservation. They'll then be able to put a new card down to only be charged for that specific room.

Go through this process for each room and try to do it quickly. Like I said, it'll try to charge the main card, this year, around an hour after it's first put down. AND make sure that the new card and info has been successfully entered, I think NCDS had to click proceed or something eventually on our block reservation.

To delete a room, click the trascan icon for the room in question. I have heard that OP's been screwing up a bit this year and charging 1 night's charge for deleting a room. Hopefully this was fixed, because it shouldn't be that way and people have successfully called to get it fixed/waived. We think maybe a refund/cancellation deadline (there is a fee of 1 night's stay after a certain date in the future) was entered incorrectly somewhere at this point for this year.
Spot on...clicking <Proceed> will kick off the process to charge the cards on file for the deposit.  When you get past the initial screen where you enter a credit card, all rooms show that that same card is used for the deposits.  It's very important that you change names/emails and send them the reservation (via the little envelope) so that that person can add their credit card info.  Refresh the page to validate that the new card went through.  Per the above this is also where you delete.  *Only* click <Proceed> when all's done.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
I have a Westin Gaslamp 2 beds, Quad occupancy from 7/20 to 7/24 I don't need. This is the hotel off Horton Plaza.

Offline bq06

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
I have a Westin Gaslamp 2 beds, Quad occupancy from 7/20 to 7/24 I don't need. This is the hotel off Horton Plaza.

Is this still available? DM sent

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39

Room has been claimed.  MTFBWY and see you in July!

Offline whogirl597

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Looking for a single hotel room in downtown within walking distance to SDCC.

Offline LaMaestra

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
Looking for a Residence Inn Gaslamp if anyone has and doesn't need. We can figure out when to meet up or how to change guest name to mine, etc. Much appreciated. Thank you!

Offline bigteddy

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
Just in case...I'm hoping to still find a room with 2 beds in a close in(short walking distance) hotel . Of course they are the most popular and hard to get.....but I thought I'd put it out there. Thanks!

Offline Kira001

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 15
Currently looking for 1 room with 2 beds either in Mission Valley or close to Downtown, wasn't able to participate in Hotelpocalypse due to work and looking though Hotels.com my usual go to hotel shot up by double.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
Currently looking for 1 room with 2 beds either in Mission Valley or close to Downtown, wasn't able to participate in Hotelpocalypse due to work and looking though Hotels.com my usual go to hotel shot up by double.
wait for the general sale next week