Author Topic: Media Chat....Current Events  (Read 34383 times)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 237
Re: Media Chat....Current Events
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2022, 12:56:32 AM »
Heh I was one of those hoping that the Fantastic Four cast would be revealed. But I'm pretty sure they're not talking about fans in attendance being disappointed. It's the fans waiting to hear more announcements like the F4 cast being revealed who are the disappointed ones. And it's not Marvel's fault in any way, it's the leakers who leak fake news that are creating false hope that results in the fans being disappointed. D23 wasn't livestreamed (minus that one TikTokker) so most fans who didn't attend didn't get to see the cool trailers and see the casts in person. All they were able to see/hear were just twitter updates so that's why D23 ended up being a big dud for non-attendants. They were expecting D23 to be another SDCC as far as announcements go.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 392
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2022, 03:10:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Heh I was one of those hoping that the Fantastic Four cast would be revealed. But I'm pretty sure they're not talking about fans in attendance being disappointed. It's the fans waiting to hear more announcements like the F4 cast being revealed who are the disappointed ones. And it's not Marvel's fault in any way, it's the leakers who leak fake news that are creating false hope that results in the fans being disappointed. D23 wasn't livestreamed (minus that one TikTokker) so most fans who didn't attend didn't get to see the cool trailers and see the casts in person. All they were able to see/hear were just twitter updates so that's why D23 ended up being a big dud for non-attendants. They were expecting D23 to be another SDCC as far as announcements go.

Thanks for your opinion of the panel!  I was wondering what people in the room actually thought, as it definitely seemed like you got plenty.  I know at SDCC, people were complaining about the WB panel while I thought it was fine. 

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 392
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2022, 06:06:48 AM »
with the demise of Arrowverse, the end of Walking Dead, and Archer probably nearing its end,  I was wondering what would fill Ballroom 20 and Hall H in future cons.  Having seen Interview with the Vampire, House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.  With Mayfair Witches debuting in a few months, looks like we've got a good slate to keep us interested. 

Offline Michael M

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "Botany Bay...Botany Bay? Oh no..."
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1601
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2022, 04:13:44 PM »
Marvel Animated was there this past year, and if that's still going strong can see that also as a staple of B20.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2088
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2022, 08:44:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

EXCLUSIVE: Comcast’s Spectacor division is pulling the plug on video game-centric network G4 TV, whose early incarnation in the 2000s remains a cultural touchstone for many millennials, just a year after its relaunch.

In a memo set to be sent out to all employees, Spectacor CEO Dave Scott explained that the company’s investment and efforts to revive the network just didn’t gain traction.

A few dozen employees and contract workers are affected by the shutdown. Comcast said it will assist them with outplacement and consider some for internal opportunities.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 6565
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2022, 09:11:47 PM »
how a tv show gets made by JMS

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5