Author Topic: Media Chat....Current Events  (Read 53762 times)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
Re: Media Chat....Current Events
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2022, 12:56:32 AM »
Heh I was one of those hoping that the Fantastic Four cast would be revealed. But I'm pretty sure they're not talking about fans in attendance being disappointed. It's the fans waiting to hear more announcements like the F4 cast being revealed who are the disappointed ones. And it's not Marvel's fault in any way, it's the leakers who leak fake news that are creating false hope that results in the fans being disappointed. D23 wasn't livestreamed (minus that one TikTokker) so most fans who didn't attend didn't get to see the cool trailers and see the casts in person. All they were able to see/hear were just twitter updates so that's why D23 ended up being a big dud for non-attendants. They were expecting D23 to be another SDCC as far as announcements go.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #136 on: September 14, 2022, 03:10:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Heh I was one of those hoping that the Fantastic Four cast would be revealed. But I'm pretty sure they're not talking about fans in attendance being disappointed. It's the fans waiting to hear more announcements like the F4 cast being revealed who are the disappointed ones. And it's not Marvel's fault in any way, it's the leakers who leak fake news that are creating false hope that results in the fans being disappointed. D23 wasn't livestreamed (minus that one TikTokker) so most fans who didn't attend didn't get to see the cool trailers and see the casts in person. All they were able to see/hear were just twitter updates so that's why D23 ended up being a big dud for non-attendants. They were expecting D23 to be another SDCC as far as announcements go.

Thanks for your opinion of the panel!  I was wondering what people in the room actually thought, as it definitely seemed like you got plenty.  I know at SDCC, people were complaining about the WB panel while I thought it was fine. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #137 on: Today at 03:10:20 PM »

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #137 on: October 04, 2022, 06:06:48 AM »
with the demise of Arrowverse, the end of Walking Dead, and Archer probably nearing its end,  I was wondering what would fill Ballroom 20 and Hall H in future cons.  Having seen Interview with the Vampire, House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.  With Mayfair Witches debuting in a few months, looks like we've got a good slate to keep us interested. 

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2022, 04:13:44 PM »
Marvel Animated was there this past year, and if that's still going strong can see that also as a staple of B20.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #139 on: October 16, 2022, 08:44:36 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Comcast’s Spectacor division is pulling the plug on video game-centric network G4 TV, whose early incarnation in the 2000s remains a cultural touchstone for many millennials, just a year after its relaunch.

In a memo set to be sent out to all employees, Spectacor CEO Dave Scott explained that the company’s investment and efforts to revive the network just didn’t gain traction.

A few dozen employees and contract workers are affected by the shutdown. Comcast said it will assist them with outplacement and consider some for internal opportunities.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #140 on: November 15, 2022, 09:11:47 PM »
how a tv show gets made by JMS

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2022, 07:03:21 AM »
‘Goonies’ house in Astoria sells to a fan who wants to protect the landmark

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2022, 09:36:04 AM »
Interesting article on the social media reactions to the D23 panels.  I think 2019 completely changed the expectations surrounding the presentations.  Before, you lined up expecting trailers, exclusive footage and cast members.  Now people seem to think that every SDCC or D23 is going to be Feige revealing his 5 year plan.   

5 year plan is a bad word!  I hate in interviews when they ask me what my 5 year plan is.  They don't like the truth, stay employed and not lose the roof over my head.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2022, 09:19:37 AM »
the NYT took a look at what each year's top critics thought was the top 10/100 movies of all time.

It's ver interesting to see how taste has changed over the years. PLUS, there's a lot of movies in the listing i have not seen before.

sorry for the long url You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2022, 12:15:11 PM »
Not really “nerd” related, but more upheaval at Warner Discovery.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2023, 07:17:05 AM »

an impressive list of older films worth watching. There's def a few in there which have been on my list for a long time.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2023, 07:43:14 AM »

an impressive list of older films worth watching. There's def a few in there which have been on my list for a long time.

What a fun listing. Thank you!

Great stuff to rediscover, some to see for the first time, and... The Exorcist, which I have never, and will never choose to see. Nope! :D
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2023, 09:51:16 AM »

FWIW MAGNUM FORCE is IMO the best Dirty Harry sequel (I kind of think the others aren't very good, actually: the original & MAGNUM FORCE are the only good ones)

LADY SNOWBLOOD is an outstanding, kind of under-rated martial arts film that Tarantino took much inspiration from for KILL BILL vol. 1

This list somehow misses Fellini's ROMA, and LAST TANGO IN PARIS (unless I missed it - obviously a possibility).  ROMA is a hair shy of masterpiece, and maybe would be a masterpiece if it was directed by most other directors.  LAST TANGO IN PARIS is very infamous for Brando's incredibly emotional performance

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2023, 05:39:45 PM »

Our household is working through a 100 movie bucket list scratch off poster right now, but I’m queuing up this list once we’re done! Thank you for sharing!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2023, 06:46:28 AM »
A dress worn by Carrie Fisher in the original Star Wars film could sell for $2 million at auction. According to The Wrap the dress, which was worn by Fisher's Princess Leia in the final scene of Star Wars, was long believed to have been destroyed and ultimately discovered in a London attic belonging to one of the film's original crew members. The dress has since been restored — a process that was done by hand over an 8-month period — and is now set to go up for auction by Propstore Auctions. Bidding on the auction will begin at 8 a.m. PT on Wednesday, June 28th.
more

how to watch the auction & all the other amazing stuff on the block

« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 06:51:53 AM by alyssa »