Author Topic: Trailers! Trailers!  (Read 131135 times)

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 137
Re: Trailers! Trailers!
« Reply #540 on: December 08, 2022, 10:18:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah as these creatives come to the end of their contracts, it's gonna be perilous for us  :-[
I'm worried after the Hall H panel in July, when all of the returning cast members were misty-eyed after the sizzle reel played.  Gunn's made it clear that not all the characters make it (and that he's done with the franchise), and aside from Groot & Rocket being completely CGI and thus 'not under contract,' I legit think anything goes with this one and we're in for an emotional ride.  Heck, I never thought I'd get emotional with just Yondu exiting the franchise (knowing that Gunn likes to 'torture' actor Michael Rooker almost as much as Sam Raimi likes to 'torture' Bruce Campbell): dunno what kind of wreck I'll be if/when it's a main character   ???

Facts. The only saving grace is that no one truly dies in the Marvel Universe. We got Loki and Gamora back. And Groot has died twice already.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #541 on: December 11, 2022, 02:58:29 PM »
Well, does Groot every truly die? I mean, he just gets re-planted and recovers :D
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #542 on: Today at 07:17:32 PM »

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #542 on: December 11, 2022, 03:55:48 PM »
Well, does Groot every truly die? I mean, he just gets re-planted and recovers :D

:D :D :D  I wish that worked for me.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #543 on: December 18, 2022, 01:04:28 PM »
I'm going to see this Canadian horror film!  The title of this film is "Skinamarink."  Movie was filmed in Edmonton, Alberta and is about two children who wake up in the middle of the night to find their father is missing, and all the windows and doors in their home have vanished.  The movie will have limited release in the U.S. on January 13 before it will be released on the Shudder app later next year.  This film was already shown at the Fantasia International Film Festival in Canada this past July.  It's a mock classic horror film taking place in 1995 that cost about US$11K to make.  Trailer is a minute and 45 seconds.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 02:57:57 AM by Andrew Costa Mesa »
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #544 on: December 19, 2022, 12:00:54 PM »
I'm going to see this Canadian horror film!  The title of this film is "Skinamarink."  Movie was filmed in Edmonton, Alberta and is about two children who wake up in the middle of the night to find their father is missing, and all the windows and doors in their home have vanished.  The movie will have limited release in the U.S. on January 13 before it will be released on the Shudder app later next year.  This film was already shown at the Fantasia International Film Festival in Canada this past July.  It's a mock classic horror film taking place in the early 1970s that cost about US$11K to make.  Trailer is a minute and 45 seconds.

Some critic friends of mine really liked this film; I'm looking forward to it!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #545 on: January 10, 2023, 09:25:58 AM »
New ANT-MAN & THE WASP: QUANTUMANIA trailer dropped last night, marking maybe the _only_ interesting thing that happened during the College Football Playoffs for non-Georgia (I didn't watch the game, but there was also a new John Williams' composed fanfare that he wrote for the game)

This is notable for two inter-connected things:
1. we are apparently getting a legit, comic-accurate looking MODOK!  Given the footage we saw in Hall H last July, I couldn't tell if MCU retooled MODOK to be a robotic thing, or something different, but there is one show in the trailer where we see MODOK in all of his giant-faced glory!
2. MODOK's face sure looks A LOT like actor Corey Stoll, who played Darren Cross/Yellowjacket in ANT-MAN.  You may remember he shrunk into the Quantum Realm, though was never definitively killed; seems as though Marvel is bringing him back as the MCU MODOK!  You'll recall Marvel Studios did something similar with Red Skull, where he was dispatched by Cap while they were fighting over the Cosmic Cube Tesseract/Space Stone, maybe thought gone-for-good by fans, only to return as the custodian of the Soul Stone.  It would seem Marvel is doing something similar here, which IMO is a fun twist on things.

I remember waaaaay back when Marvel, during the Super Bowl, dropped a trailer for CIVIL WAR and they teased the scene of Hawkeye firing an arrow w/Ant-Man hanging on the tip.  I naively thought we were in peak comic book mode, but WOW does Marvel Studios continue to up the ante as far as totally embracing their comic book weird/silliness!!  Excited for this fil, and LOVE the tag of "witness the beginning of a new Dynasty" with is a fun wink to the Kang Dynasty comic and upcoming Avengers blockbuster.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #546 on: January 14, 2023, 03:48:25 PM »
History of the World, Part 2

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #547 on: January 14, 2023, 04:13:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I hope we finally get to see Jews in Space!

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #548 on: January 17, 2023, 02:02:16 AM »
I've been waiting 41 years for this movie...what a treasure we have in Mel Brooks!  I had no idea he was finally making a sequel.

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #549 on: January 17, 2023, 02:17:54 AM »
Wait, someone in GG3 dies?  Why??????  Sure, people die in reality, but that's what these comics and movies are for, an escape FROM reality.  I was NOT prepared for End Game...nope.   :( :( :( :'(

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2023, 05:35:06 PM »
Yeah as these creatives come to the end of their contracts, it's gonna be perilous for us  :-[
I'm worried after the Hall H panel in July, when all of the returning cast members were misty-eyed after the sizzle reel played.  Gunn's made it clear that not all the characters make it (and that he's done with the franchise), and aside from Groot & Rocket being completely CGI and thus 'not under contract,' I legit think anything goes with this one and we're in for an emotional ride.  Heck, I never thought I'd get emotional with just Yondu exiting the franchise (knowing that Gunn likes to 'torture' actor Michael Rooker almost as much as Sam Raimi likes to 'torture' Bruce Campbell): dunno what kind of wreck I'll be if/when it's a main character   ???

I know it’s coming, but I don’t think I’m ready for this!

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #551 on: February 12, 2023, 06:02:54 PM »

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #552 on: February 12, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »

This is so clever and interactive. A great conversation starter with friends to see who texted/called/went to the website and what they found. This is great marketing, and hopefully will have fun elements with the text community leading up to the premiere.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #553 on: February 14, 2023, 09:40:42 AM »
The moment everyone I know has been waiting for: an official announcement of when Ted Lasso s3 (its series finale) premiers March 15th!
I haven't done the math, but I wonder if this coincides w/the season finale of Shrinking (almost certainly is my guess).

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #554 on: February 14, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »
Since someone already posted the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer, might as well drop The Flash trailer as well