Author Topic: COVID mask rules vs cosplay masks @ WonderCon  (Read 640 times)

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
COVID mask rules vs cosplay masks @ WonderCon
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:47:24 PM »
Help, please.

My kiddo wants to wear customized masks for WonderCon this weekend. One is a furry dino, the other is a furry hood with a round flat face mask with round eye holes (yeah, weird. ☺️), both completely conceal the head and any breathing mask underneath. [I can’t seem to figure out how to post pics here]

Official rules state: “Approved face coverings must be visible at all times and may not be concealed under costume headwear/masks,” which, IIRC, were the same rules for Comic Con Special Edition, where we did see masks that completely covered cosplayers’ heads and any face masks underneath.

🧐

Do you think these masks would be wearable at WonderCon, with an appropriate COVID mask under them?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2135
Re: COVID mask rules vs cosplay masks @ WonderCon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 07:37:14 PM »
It's definitely against the rules, and Comic-Con staff may insist that your children remove the full-faced masks or exit the convention. It's an open question how stringently they will enforce the policy, but you should be prepared if they decide to.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 8858
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 02:46:59 PM »
About 5% of ten people I saw were not wearing masks, but official policy is masks.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2135
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 02:57:59 PM »
They're doing occasional loudspeaker reminders, and the security guards at the doors are asking people to wear masks/pull them up properly when they go through. But there are people who have taken them off after that. I agree, about 5%

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk