Author Topic: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread  (Read 53832 times)

Offline Josir

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: All Offers of Condos for Rent go Here Or discussion of getting a condo
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2013, 01:43:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you may want to also post in the 'looking for roommate' thread here, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for the tip! :D

Offline pucklordofchaos

• Sails Pavilion
ok sorry about the last one here is more details for comic con in style
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »
Ok sorry about the crappy post I'm new here I'm coming in from Edmonton Alberta Canada. I talked to a travel agent here in Edmonton About setting me up with flight an accommodation for the con he found a package for me at $1100.00 flight and accommodation included for 5 days from the 17th to the 22nd he said he might be able to get us some discounts if i found other people who wanted it and we could do a group booking, the resort is in old town the name escapes me right now Cus I'm kinda working a night shift but will post tomorrow morning. The resort it's self is in old town from what i under stand you can hop on the green line in old town and be at the convention center in no time. better? the price is going to be different for any one not flying out of Edmonton and for those of us in the USA he said it would probably be a lot cheaper OK the name of the hotel is FAIRFIELD INN AND SUITES SAN DIEGO OLD TOWN so there's that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:19:03 PM by pucklordofchaos »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Re: ok sorry about the last one here is more details for comic con in style
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 06:56:17 PM »
first thanks for re-posting
it lets us know that your not a spammer. 
However we've discouraged people from starting new posts for hotel rooms.  If we did allow it the forum would be full of single posts. so I'm moving it to our Condo thread since it seems as tho you're trying to get folks to go in with you on a room/apt/suite.  I would suggest you get more details soon *and* you look threw our roommate needed/wanted thread for folks you might be interested in.

take a look at what others are providing for information & use that as a guide line. Oh and you can look in the first post for the general format of an offer.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:01:29 PM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2013, 12:41:32 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but not new to SDCC. It will be my 4th time going in a row. So I've been given the chance to stay with some friends in Little Italy, but I already booked a place in gaslamp (5th and broadway) from July 14-21. It cost me about $1000 + $500 refundable security deposit for the week so if anyone is interested in taking over my reservation, let me know.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum, but not new to SDCC. It will be my 4th time going in a row. So I've been given the chance to stay with some friends in Little Italy, but I already booked a place in gaslamp (5th and broadway) from July 14-21. It cost me about $1000 + $500 refundable security deposit for the week so if anyone is interested in taking over my reservation, let me know.

Can you provide more info about the place? # of rooms, etc?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2013, 02:39:26 PM »
Can you provide more info about the place? # of rooms, etc?

Sounds like Wyndham Harbour Lights (timeshare).  Am I right??  If so most rooms are studio with a king bed and a queen pullout, mini kitchen.  Nice rooms.

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2013, 03:58:42 PM »
Let me state that I am not a timeshare owner or worker. I am an ordinary con-goer like everyone else. It's just a chance to stay with my friends as opposed to by myself has been presented to me and I want to give other people the chance to take advantage of this place. I almost didn't want to give up this place because of the location in the Gaslamp area. But these are my friends and I haven't seen them in ages so that's my story.

I'm pretty sure it's not the wyndham timeshare. It's a 1000 sq. ft. loft with a california king bed, 1 bathroom, full kitchen, washer and dryer, and a private parking spot in underground garage included. This loft features a 58 inch Samsung 3D LED TV with Blueray DVD. High definition cable with HBO, iPod docking station, phone, high speed wireless Internet access, along with all other utilities, are included. Features include a kitchen with granite counter tops, oak cabinetry, a stainless steel refrigerator with ice maker, stove / oven, microwave and dishwasher, washer and dryer in the loft, central heat and air conditioning, dramatic high ceilings, and controlled building access.

I could share a few more pictures of the unit if needed.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 04:17:08 PM »
That does not look like Wyndham.  To be clear, I wasn't knocking the Wyndham timeshare, it is a gorgeous place and a nice location for the Con. :)

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 06:04:33 PM »
Since I've been getting quite a few responses...here are a few more pictures:

Just shoot me a note/email if interested. Thanks all!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 05:34:55 AM »
Let me state that I am not a timeshare owner or worker. I am an ordinary con-goer like everyone else. It's just a chance to stay with my friends as opposed to by myself has been presented to me<snip>

We don't discriminate against condo owners/time share owners.....  just spammers & you are most definitely *not* that.
Welcome to the forum & thanks for posting!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2013, 06:33:58 PM »
all responses have been answered

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 10:56:16 AM »
condo is still available for rent if anyone is interested in staying for the week. had several responses, but no one has followed through yet. feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding the unit. thanks!

Offline lelee8483

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
Hey All! 

A while back I put in a whole bunch of rental requests for nearby condo's but had no success.  Yesterday I got a reply back from one but it won't work for my group so I'm putting the info up here for you guys!  Here is the original post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and his response back was $962.00, plus a cleaning fee of $75.00, and 11.05% city taxes for a total of $1,151.00 for a 7 day stay.  It's less than a mile from the convention center and looks pretty nice, but as I said it just won't work for my group. 

Hope this helps someone!  Would be great to know if this works out!

Offline nobody

• Sails Pavilion
Re: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2013, 09:27:30 PM »
Just wanted to give an update that the gaslamp loft has been rented. However, I may have access to another studio loft in East Village for around the same price if anyone is interested. Will keep you posted!

Offline daveanddonna

• Sails Pavilion
Re: 2013 All Offers for Condos for Rent / Condo Discussion Thread
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2013, 08:20:27 PM »
We have a home that just opened up because the group who was going to stay backed out. The home sleeps 14 in the Mission Hills area...if anyone knows of any groups interested it is a great value for that many people. We advertise on Homeaway.com property 348080 so you can see the great reviews. I hope this is ok for me to pst here. The group who backed out held the property for three months prior before backing out....