Author Topic: Veronica Mars Event in Gaslamp Friday 7:30pm July 19, 2013  (Read 27512 times)

Offline Eckie

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 8
Re: Veronica Mars Event in Gaslamp Friday 7:30pm July 19, 2013
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pre-buying anxiety - after badge sales I didn't think I'd be feeling this again until next year's badge sales!

Then there's Nerd HQ pre-buying anxiety, then comic-con line anxiety, exclusives availability anxiety, autograph line anxiety...anxiety of having anxiety at comic-con...  :o

...maybe that's all just me. haha  :P

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 09:51:55 AM »
Latest VM update e-mail

Last night, I encouraged Logan fans to keep an eye on this morning's Backer Updates for details about an additional reward option we'll be adding today at 1 pm EST. I'll elaborate, but first I thought you might want to hear the basics from Jason himself.

I'm just glad he was willing to record this video of his own free will. It was either this, or sending out ransom photos showing Jason tied to a chair in the basement until we break the 87,143 backer record.
I'm kidding, of course. Mostly.
Jason's not kidding, though. At 1 pm EST, we'll be adding a limited number of rewards that I think of as The Logan Lover's Package, which gets you all of the normal perks of pledging $100, plus a limited edition, signed headshot from Jason with a personalized message just for you. Or, if you prefer, for the Logan fan of your choice. You'll get to let Jason know if you've got any specific requests before he starts writing.
And speaking of writing, this script isn't going to revise itself. Back to work for me.
Don't forget to check the Kickstarter page promptly at 1:00 pm EST, when we'll add both the Jason and Comic Con reward options.
- Rob
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:46:44 AM »

Offline Eckie

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 10:07:56 AM »
$150 is a bit steep. I nabbed one, but I might not keep it.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 10:09:18 AM »

Well that was fast , all SDCC, Logan lovers and SDCC VIP packages are gone.

There were 100 SDCC $150, 100 Logan lovers $150 and 20 SDCC VIP $450 packages

At least I won't be lining up for a seat :D

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »
If you got one, congrats!

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 10:10:27 AM »
$150 is a bit steep. I nabbed one, but I might not keep it.

I was already at $100 , so bumping it $50 was not too bad :D

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 10:11:22 AM »
I managed to get one (Fan Package, not VIP), woo! Who else is going?

I'd decided I could stretch to £100 (so around $150) for a ticket, and since it also includes the stuff I'd already pledged $100 for, I'm happy enough.

Offline queenofsarab

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
I managed to get one, but looks like they sold out immediately! Glad I got a reserved seat, can't even imagine what the line is going to be like. I had already donated $25 so really it was just $125... I'm already spending so much on Comic-con it seemed pretty reasonable :)

Offline Eckie

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 10:14:15 AM »
Yeah, I was at the $50 level before, so $100 more for me. Well, I have 33 hours to think about it! If I don't keep it, I'll post here when I throw it back, so hopefully someone who didn't get one can nab it.

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
I set up a second account thinking that the SDCC thing would be a separate reward to the other stuff, and I was logged into it. So I backed a-fresh and now I have to go back into my original account and drop down to $1 (I'm not mean enough to take away one of their precious backers when they've got a record to break!!)

Still, as buyers stress goes, that wasn't so bad.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 11:02:01 AM »
I managed to get a VIP package and didn't even realize how few of those there were.  I guess all the discipline that goes into getting SDCC tickets helped pay off here. 

The price was a little steep, but the chance for a meet and greet with Rob and the cast couldn't be passed up.  The way I look at it, the extra money I pledged was about equivalent to what I spend per night for a hotel room and I'll probably spend more time at this event then I spend in my hotel room that night.

Chuck

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 03:29:53 PM »
I should definitely log into this forum more than once/twice a day :o

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:37 PM »
The latest e-mail with more SDCC packages

Gang,
Hard to believe, but it's almost over. We've got 24 hours left until our Kickstarter campaign ends. Yesterday we got 2,400 new backers. Today, we've gotten 3,600. Tomorrow, we only need about 5,000 more to break the all-time record for most backers.
That's less than 220 backers an hour. We can do this.
In other news, we may have underestimated the level of interest you'd have in the new rewards we offered this morning, since all of the SDCC and Logan packages disappeared in under 10 minutes. If you were hoping for one of those, good news: we'll be able to offer another (final) round tomorrow.
Also, many of you asked if there was an option to get both Jason's personalized signature and the signed poster. Good news there, too. We'll be adding a limited number of Logan Lover's Deluxe packages for $250, which will include both the signed cast poster and the personalized headshot from Jason. Ask and ye shall receive.
For those of you keeping score at home, that means we'll be adding the following rewards tomorrow, April 12, at 1:00 pm EST.
COMIC CON REWARDS
50 SDCC Fan Packages ($150)
20 SDCC VIP Packages ($450)
PREMIERE TICKETS
50 pairs of tickets to the LA Premiere ($750)
50 pairs of tickets to the NYC Premiere ($750)
LOGAN LOVERS
50 Logan Lover's Packages ($150)
100 Logan Lover's Deluxe Packages ($250)
If you're determined to get one of these, you might want to set an alarm. I don't expect them to last long, and with the campaign ending tomorrow night, this will be your last chance.
Since I'll be over at the Dog and Duck Pub tomorrow night, this will also be one of the last updates I send before the campaign ends. I've said this a lot this week, but I want to say it one more time before this ends:
Thank you. For everything.
Whether we break this final record or not, Kristen and I could not be more amazed, thrilled or grateful. We've always known that we have the best fans in the world. Now we're pretty sure everyone else will know it too.
I'll let Kristen have the last word for tonight:

LoVe and Gratitude,
Rob and Kristen

Offline PlanningMackem

• Freebie Table
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »
I would guess that these extra rewards will go even faster than last night's did - I mean, apart from the fact there's half as many of the Fan Packages, now people know what they're getting and how much it costs and have time to plan ahead. Yesterday it was "wait and see" and so many people weren't sure where to look, didn't realise they'd potentially have to give up their other rewards, etc. I saw a lot of people who didn't want to give up their $200 signed poster to drop back down to $150 and couldn't afford $450 to get everything, so people were taking longer to make decisions.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 08:54:50 AM »
I would guess that these extra rewards will go even faster than last night's did - I mean, apart from the fact there's half as many of the Fan Packages, now people know what they're getting and how much it costs and have time to plan ahead. Yesterday it was "wait and see" and so many people weren't sure where to look, didn't realise they'd potentially have to give up their other rewards, etc. I saw a lot of people who didn't want to give up their $200 signed poster to drop back down to $150 and couldn't afford $450 to get everything, so people were taking longer to make decisions.

Yeah it was a little confusing. I initially thought any package would have all of the lower package items, which it true most of the time. Well I got the Fan SDCC package and it will be interesting to see how large this venue is going to be. 190 reserved seats then it a free for all for the rest. I'm glad I won't have to line up all day :D