Author Topic: IZOMBIE, 6BCF, 11:30p-12:30p  (Read 5799 times)

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
IZOMBIE, 6BCF, 11:30p-12:30p
« on: May 10, 2014, 09:36:01 AM »
Pretty excited to see this hitting the CW! 
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:04:26 PM by alyssa »
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: IZOMBIE
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 11:25:36 PM »
Here are an article on the new series:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Background information on the "iZombie" series:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  (You can look at the cover images here.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: IZOMBIE, 6BCF, 11:30p-12:30p
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:25:45 PM »

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 06:13:09 AM »
Showoff.  ;)

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Could a pilot showing and panel be in the offing  ::)
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:25:42 PM »
I just hope it stays it's own thing.  We're-terriers and over souls are not the Green Arrow's neighborhood.

blankpage

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
i liked what i've read of the comic enough, but wasn't blown away. i really love rob thomas (veronica mars creator) and so i'm excited to see what he can do with this show. i'll definitely watch.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 06:57:35 PM »
Olivia “Liv” Moore was a rosy-cheeked, disciplined, over-achieving medical resident who had her life path completely mapped out…until the night she attended a party that unexpectedly turned into a zombie feeding frenzy.  As one of the newly undead, Liv is doing her best to blend in and look as human as possible.  Her appearance now passes for “Goth,” with shockingly pale skin and nearly white hair, and her demeanor has gone from exuberant to exhausted.  The change in Liv is baffling to her mother, her former fiancé, Major, and her best friend and roommate, Peyton, who still has the high-energy, Type-A personality that Liv has completely abandoned. 

Despite her post-traumatic ennui, Liv has devised a way to resist her baser urges to devour fresh human brains — she’s taken a job in the Seattle coroner’s office.  In this appropriately dead-end job, Liv can secretly snack on the brains of the many Jane and John Doe corpses that make a final stop in the morgue.  Despite carefully covering her tracks, Liv’s boss, Dr. Ravi Chakrabarti, discovers her secret and is surprisingly excited about the scientific possibilities.  Even with her boss’ enthusiasm, Liv remains resigned to an eternity without hope or purpose, until she realizes that with every brain she consumes, she retains a portion of that person’s memories.   

Liv begins to experience visions from the point of view of the murder victims.  Much to the surprise of Dr. Ravi and homicide detective Clive Babineaux, Liv often has detailed knowledge of crime scenes and motives that she can’t easily explain.  Posing as a psychic, she works with Detective Babineaux to investigate these crimes and discover who is responsible. It’s not the same as being alive again, but at least Liv can find purpose in her undead existence by helping Clive solve the murders of those who are indeed fully dead.

The fact that the zombie in this series is beautiful isn't a surprise. This is the CW, where the "Beast" in Beauty and the Beast is good looking. Take into account CW's ensemble of young and beautiful characters and iZombie looks like it'll fit right in, even if its lead character's decaying a bit. Rose McIver isn't just beautiful, she's also adorable. There's no denying that. And the dance-gif above makes me think her cuteness will be utilized in this series, which might add a bit of humor to the tone, as we see this college student trying to turn her zombie lemons into zombie lemonade by solving crimes. We'll have to wait and see how the preview looks once CW gives us a peek at this series.

We'll be waiting a while for iZombie to debut, as CW has this one lined up for midseason.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 01:04:52 PM »
iZombie Pilot Screening and Q&A
Olivia "Liv" Moore, a 25-year-old medical resident, is on the fast track to a perfect life...until she's turned into a zombie. Now stuck somewhere between half-alive and undead, Liv loses all traces of her former drive and ambition. She transfers her medical residency to the city morgue in order to reluctantly access the only real form of sustenance left available to her-and the only thing that allows her to maintain her humanity-human brains. But there are side effects to Liv's new diet: With each brain she consumes, Liv experiences "visions"-flashes of the corpse's memories-including, in some cases, clues as to how they were killed.iZombie makes its Comic-Con debut with a screening of the complete pilot episode, followed by a Q&A with series stars Rose McIver (Once Upon a Time), Malcolm Goodwin (Breakout Kings), Rahul Kohli (newcomer from the UK), and Robert Buckley (One Tree Hill), as well as executive producers Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars) and Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars). From Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Spondoolie Productions and Warner Bros. Television and based on characters created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred, published by DC Entertainment's Vertigo imprint, iZombie premieres Midseason on The CW.
Friday July 25, 2014 11:30am - 12:30pm
Room 6BCF
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
So, is the CW reshowing everything on Wednesday night? 

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 03:52:02 PM »
Is anybody into this and want a signed book?

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 04:27:27 PM »
Is anybody into this and want a signed book?

Do you have an eBay store or something?

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 07:17:34 AM »
No I have one I won and if somebody wants it, I'll bring it to San Diego.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2014, 07:25:30 AM »
Hmm. Actually I just looked again and he wrote my name in it. So I guess if there's any other Rebecca's out there....

I would keep it and read it but honestly I'm in the middle of two other series and editing my own book so I won't have the time.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2014, 08:19:37 AM »
Hmm. Actually I just looked again and he wrote my name in it. So I guess if there's any other Rebecca's out there....

I would keep it and read it but honestly I'm in the middle of two other series and editing my own book so I won't have the time.

It just so happens that I'm changing to Rebecca!  ;)

I am so far behind on my comic book reading ...

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2014, 10:09:33 AM »

If you're giving it away, I'll take it! Even if my name isn't Rebecca. (I can pretend... ;) )