Author Topic: Thursday-Ballroom 20  (Read 10314 times)

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
Re: Thursday-Ballroom 20
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 09:51:01 AM »
Yeah, I'm planning on getting in line early for Community just to be safe and staying in Ballroom 20 until right after Hannibal. I'm not even remotely interested in any panels that will be at that room that day other than those 2, but I will have to sit throught them because that's how it works. But I get what you mean, while most panels I sat through never got me into any new fandoms it did work with the Game of Throne panels a few years ago, when it was still in Ballroom 20. It wasn't the panel itself, but since I was there I got the ticket for the swag that included the book, and hey, since I've got the free book I might as well read it. Today I love the show.  :)

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 01:42:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hate to be that person, but please do consider that when you use the "restroom pass" method to leave and see a different panel, you're essentially "stealing" a seat from someone who might really want to see that panel. You're taking up a spot in two panel rooms at once and denying someone else the opportunity to see either one.  :(

To me it seems worse than using the restroom pass method to trade spots with a friend, because at least in that case someone is using your seat, even if they didn't wait in line for it. (It's CCI, I'm sure they were in line for something!)

Just my two cents.

Actually if you think about it, what's truly worse? You leaving during a panel that you don't want to see using the restroom pass and vacating your seat, allowing someone who's a real to fan take your seat, or you sitting in the seat during hours of panels you don't want to see, taking away a seat from a real fan? I"m not suggesting someone save your seat while you leave. 'Cause then, yes that's not cool at all.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting in line early for Community just to be safe and staying in Ballroom 20 until right after Hannibal. I'm not even remotely interested in any panels that will be at that room that day other than those 2, but I will have to sit throught them because that's how it works.

Yeah I agree and I was thinking it's a damn shame. It's probably the reason why we have these huge long lines. I've been through numerous Ballroom 20 panels over the years and during the last 1-2 panels of the day, I've noticed that  it's almost always empty in the last section of seats in the venue.  Why?  Were those panels unpopular?  Those shows were Dexter, True Blood, and Arrow, and there were a couple of Joss Whedon panels too. It makes me think that  there are probably very few shows that fill up the entire Ballroom 20 by themselves if they didn't allow seat squatting.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:47:55 AM »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:19 PM »
I think your seat is sort of "saved", though, if you use a restroom pass. They don't let in people to fill the seats of people who've left "temporarily" - they can't, it's a room capacity/fire marshal issue. That was kind of my point.

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2014, 06:45:43 PM »
I dunno, it seems doubtful to me. Once you leave your seat and it's a good seat, it'll be snatched up immediately. I really doubt that the people counters can get a real accurate count of who's in the room. Think of it this way, when a panel ends and a huge batch of ppl leave, do they count them?  It's not possible, ppl move fast and there are multiple exit doors. So how is it possible to get an accurate count? What they do base it on is how many empty seats are left.

Offline thecherbear

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 03:50:55 PM »
Is anyone planning a camp out for Ballroom 20? We want to get good seats, Teen Wolf, Community and Hannibal are my must see's along with Supernatural on Sunday. If no one has started one but someone else is down, PM me when you're willing to be there and I'll let you know when we will be and maybe we can meet up!

Also regarding the restroom pass, my daughter and her friend will be skipping out on Teen Wolf but want to see Hannibal. So if there's someone here who wants to take their seats for Teen Wolf but doesn't care about Hannibal, let me know and maybe we can set something up! I would hate for someone to miss out on the awesomeness!! :)

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 09:50:02 PM »
Yeah I'm not so cool or fond of this notion of using a "restroom pass" for alterior reasons/motives. Maybe you can rationalize the math or numbers or explain how it may not "hurt" the real fan BUT the point of the "restroom pass" is to go use the restroom. Anything else and you're not being totally honest with yourself and you're playing the system. That's fine, totally cool, to each their own, do what you gotta do, we all do a little to help ourselves but I wouldn't broadcast it nor try to justify it ... well at least not here.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline freeagent

• Exhibit Hall
    • tumblrrrr
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2014, 04:07:23 PM »
I would try the restroom pass idea  ;D As mentioned earlier, the 3 panels before Community don't seem too popular so I think it's feasible to get in during that time and if you do get before Community, just take the restroom pass out. You can still hit the con floor in the morning. I think by 1pm, it's gonna be mostly Teen Wolf and Hannibal fans creating a traffic jam in the line. It's like trying to avoid rush hour if you try to enter earlier, lol.

I might try that. No offense to any Reign or Scorpion(?) fans but I don't think those are going to fill up. I will probably try to line up in time for one of those 2 panels, get a restroom pass, then come back in. I can use a pass to get back in to a panel that might be 1-2 hours later? I promise after Community I will leave and I won't take up any more space. I might just get tickets for ComuniCon in October and avoid this madness though. Anybody else going to ComuniCon?

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2014, 06:19:06 PM »
I can use a pass to get back in to a panel that might be 1-2 hours later?

Nope.  You have to be back before the end of the panel you leave.

Offline StarGirl11

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »

Yeah I'm not so cool or fond of this notion of using a "restroom pass" for alterior reasons/motives. Maybe you can rationalize the math or numbers or explain how it may not "hurt" the real fan BUT the point of the "restroom pass" is to go use the restroom. Anything else and you're not being totally honest with yourself and you're playing the system. That's fine, totally cool, to each their own, do what you gotta do, we all do a little to help ourselves but I wouldn't broadcast it nor try to justify it ... well at least not here.

Okay then what about going to get food? I mean the notion of just going to use the restroom is all hunky doory until one gets hungry during the middle of a panel and you've been sitting there for hours. I don't know about you but carrying around ice chests can be bothersome.

Not sure at this point if I'm going to the Community panel or if I am going to the Last Ship panel in the room it's in. Overlapping panels gotta love them. Kind of leaning towards this mainly because I can also get pics and video to send to a friend who is a Reign fan from the panel before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

angel_k

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2014, 04:21:40 AM »
When I line camp and sit in a room all day I bring enough food to last me the entire duration.  It's not healthy but it works.  Lots of snarky foods. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »
I bring enough food too, but I think grabbing some food is an acceptable use of the pass-there are food stands close by.

Ang,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang