Author Topic: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20  (Read 30724 times)

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 44
Re: Hannibal, Saturday, July 11th, 5:00pm-5:45pm, Ballroom 20
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm hearing the lines just year as just as bad as previous years, as always. Do you all still think 2-3 hours in line is enough to get in? Or is the craziness just limited to Hall H.  ;D
B20 was walk-in for the panel last year, and that was when they had Penny Dreadful following them. You shouldn't have much problem getting in. But as always there's no guarantees... I'm shooting to get in during the outlander panel and I'll just monitor Twitter to be sure things are looking OK.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2015, 08:22:19 AM »
I haven't had any trouble getting into BR20 in the early afternoon. The only craziness I have heard about was for the Marvel panel. Just an update on what I have seen so far.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 01:54:52 PM »

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2015, 09:26:00 AM »
Those who are in there early... Keep us posted on how things are looking! And look for Mason Verger if you want a flower crown  :)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2015, 01:02:43 PM »
FYI I'm 3rd row.  Fannibals are out in force. Lots of people plan on leaving after Outlander so you should be able to get in but I'd say there are at least 200+ flower crowns or cosplayers scattered around the room and it's only 1pm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2015, 01:50:54 PM »
That's both good and bad news lol. I'm getting slightly nervous; I'd be in there already but my wife is a HUGE Muppets fan so I've gotta stay for that; the nice thing is it's right across the way. We are gonna leave during the Q&A here to give us a few extra minutes... I'll feel pretty silly if I don't get in though ack!

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2015, 03:56:04 PM »
We got in during Grimm. Still seats, but I hear there is a line.
Ang

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »
Well things didn't go exactly as planned but it still ended up going really well!!

Hugh noticed on his own that everyone was in crowns, we got their crowns up to them, and they noticed the signs and told me how much they appreciated it later (:

Thanks for the help and participation everyone, great group effort!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2015, 07:13:55 AM »
I ran into a girl with a Fannibal sign at the Fox Sports Grill on Saturday night. I asked her how the tribute went and she said it was awesome and went amazingly well. She showed me a picture she took of the actors wearing their flower crowns.

So there is feedback from a non-FoCCI person who attended the panel!

Congratulations to the people who organized this. It sounds like it was a big success!

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2015, 05:41:11 PM »
It was a good time! I'm glad we were able to coordinate with everyone; you could see the signs everywhere! But I just wish they had gotten a longer panel! 45 minutes was not nearly long enough, it flew by.

@dancetomusic, when were you able to see them afterwards? I wanted to do the signing on Sunday, but my wife was spent by Saturday night and I decided I'd let her sleep. I really wanted to talk to Bryan! I had a question at the panel but they didn't announce how questions worked for folks who got in the room during outlander so once I got over there it was far too late. Last year, you couldn't line up between panels. Hopefully I'll see him promoting American Gods in the near future!

Offline dancetomusic

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2015, 10:56:55 PM »
@dancetomusic, when were you able to see them afterwards? I wanted to do the signing on Sunday, but my wife was spent by Saturday night and I decided I'd let her sleep. I really wanted to talk to Bryan! I had a question at the panel but they didn't announce how questions worked for folks who got in the room during outlander so once I got over there it was far too late. Last year, you couldn't line up between panels. Hopefully I'll see him promoting American Gods in the near future!
I saw them at the signing on Sunday. I brought my sign as my item instead of the art book so it got them talking about it.
Bryan stood up and gave me a hug for it, and Hugh asked my name and then personalized his signature "To Misha - Thank you! With love, Hugh Dancy xo" which he wasn't doing for anyone else!! And they were verbally thanking me too but it's hard to remember their exact words, stuff like that always just becomes an excited blur in my mind lol

I wish I was better at figuring out the right thing to say in the moment. I should have given my explanation for the signs - that we will all continue to love and support them and the show no matter where it goes. I mean, the signs kinda speak for themselves, but still.
I was gonna go up and say that before my question but yeah the line was already too long by the time I was going to get up. I think that question line process was new this year?? I did't like it.

Offline SiddFinch

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2015, 12:27:29 PM »
I saw them at the signing on Sunday. I brought my sign as my item instead of the art book so it got them talking about it.
Bryan stood up and gave me a hug for it, and Hugh asked my name and then personalized his signature "To Misha - Thank you! With love, Hugh Dancy xo" which he wasn't doing for anyone else!! And they were verbally thanking me too but it's hard to remember their exact words, stuff like that always just becomes an excited blur in my mind lol

I wish I was better at figuring out the right thing to say in the moment. I should have given my explanation for the signs - that we will all continue to love and support them and the show no matter where it goes. I mean, the signs kinda speak for themselves, but still.
I was gonna go up and say that before my question but yeah the line was already too long by the time I was going to get up. I think that question line process was new this year?? I did't like it.

I wasn't a fan of the process either. Last year they said during the panel when it was time to line up for questions and I was like 6th in line; it was much easier. I wish they had given a heads up that things changed. Glad to hear you got in at the signing though! Makes up for it a bit :)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2015, 12:51:16 PM »
I only saw it in Ballroom 20-they had a line on the right as you face the front, and then send one person at a time to ask their question. I think since it worked that way at every panel I saw in BR20, I thought people were sitting there in the area next to it waiting and jumping in line. Or are you saying people were already in line for Hannibal questions during Outlander? That's not cool.

However-I did like that they had everyone lining up on the side, out of view of the stage. It's always a bummer when you think you have a great seat, only to have the lineup block your view (although at SDCC-they are pretty good about kneeling or sitting until their turn is up, but I know everyone can't physically do that). I try to scout where the lineup will be, so it isn't in my way, but am not always successful. I am not faulting the people lining up at all-I just try to avoid having them in my line of sight.
Ang