Author Topic: 2013 Room Sharing: Looking for a spot? Offering a spot? Looking for a Roommate?  (Read 54287 times)

Offline zillkona

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Ok reposting new message

Name: Zillkona

Hotel: Wyndham Harbour Lights (0.6 miles 15mins walk straight down the street to SDCC according Google maps)

Days Booked:Tues. July 16 to Mon. July 22, 2013 (Please note Check out time is 10AM but they do hold your luggage after checkout )

Price: Split the costs of $200 a night per person. Whatever nights u need divided by how ppl in those nights u staying.

Smoking/Drinking: Non-Smoking! Don't mind drink as long not DRUNK or partying

Spaces Left: 4ppl

Preferences and Description: Studio with kitchen with living room, bathroom, and 1 queen/king bed

Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? no preferences

Include a brief description about yourself: 41 year comic book and anime hobbyist attending 2nd SDCC

Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? I prefer ones that is friendly organized, clean, and a non-smoker

Please PM me if got any questions

Room Full atm
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:12:18 AM by zillkona »

Offline Rinemy

• Sails Pavilion
Still looking for a roommate

Name: Jonathan
Days Booked: Wednesday Night and Thursday Night (July 17th and 18th)
Location: Doubletree Downtown (1 mile away from convention center)
Price: $100 /night (its $197 a night before taxes) or for party of two $140 /night

Roommates: Just me so far, looking for 1 or a party of 2.

About me: 26 yo, first time to SDCC. Not a big hardcore fan of anything but likes everything, be it games, art, movies, comics or anime.
Very respectful person and also a non-smoker.

If you want to stop by for 1 night that is ok. At this point I think I have to take whatever I can get.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:37:44 AM by Rinemy »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Interested in a room if one is still available. Didn't see an email to respond to. If a room is still available please contact me at: [email protected]. Thanks, Jeanne
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline reshef316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Interested in a room if one is still available. Didn't see an email to respond to. If a room is still available please contact me at: [email protected]. Thanks, Jeanne

many rooms still available...sent you an email...

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Hi. I'm looking for a room/space. Do you still have one available. I am female and will be attending all 4 days. This is my first Comic Con so I plan on being there most of the time. Please contact me at: [email removed by Admin, PM her] and let me know what the price would be and what questions you have. I live in Corona, Calif.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:32:24 PM by alyssa »
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline IfIWereMagneto

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 197
Found a roommate! Thanks  :D

Name: Chelsea
Hotel: Hilton Bayfront (right next to the Convention Center by Hall H)

Days Booked: Tuesday - Monday (7/16- 7/22)
Price: $378.96 for all 6 days (we'd really like someone for all 6 days to keep the rate under $400 for all of us)
Smoking/Drinking: Smoking (No)/Drinking (Ok, so long as you're 21)
Spaces Left: 1 (one of my roommates isn't coming and we were informed last minute so we need to fill her spot.). There will be 4 of us for all 6 days and one of us for 4 days who is flying in on Thursday

Preferences and Description:
What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? It's a room with two queen beds and can fit 5.
Age/Gender Preference: At least 18 and must be female.
Include a brief description about yourself: This is year 3 for me! I'm going to be cosplaying this year but I'll try and keep everything as close to my luggage as possible. May have some swag lying about as well, lol. Same goes for some of my roomies, we're a nice bunch!
Behavioral preferences? Must be hygenic and a bit organized (clothes are one thing, but don't have food lying everwhere). No bringing boys up. Don't be rude and no pilfering. Ready and willing to have fun with new friends!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 10:33:38 AM by IfIWereMagneto »
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
Hi. I'm looking for a room/space. Do you still have one available. I am female and will be attending all 4 days. This is my first Comic Con so I plan on being there most of the time. Please contact me at: [email removed by Admin, PM her] and let me know what the price would be and what questions you have. I live in Corona, Calif.

first, Please don't include your email in any post, it can open you up to a lot of mean people and spammers.   
second, reach out to other posters who have a room-  everyone - you need to reach out to people.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sc0rp1on

• Sails Pavilion
Hello fellow Con-Goers,

3 of my friends & I are looking for lodging/hotel rooms. We all have 4-day passes, but have not had any luck booking a room. We are all very kick back, clean, courteous, polite, friendly, and fun-loving veteran Comic-Con attendees (have been attending since 2006!)

Please let us know if anyone has an extra room or extra space. You can email me at [email protected] or on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thanks.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Just a reminder that you may have more success not only by posting a request but reaching out to previous posters as well.

Getting near that time. Hopefully everyone is close to completing their arrangements!
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Armandonerd

• Sails Pavilion
Anyone looking for a place to stay for sdcc?
« Reply #129 on: July 08, 2013, 07:03:24 PM »
Name: Armando
Hotel: town and country resort
Days Booked: 7/18- 7/21
Price: $580.96/ $172 a night also depends how many people will be at the hotel.
Smoking/Drinking: smoking no, drinking yes or no
Spaces Left: 3 or 4 is fine, maybe more if possible

What type of room is it, and how many people can it fit? 2 double bed requests, about 4 people can stay in the room
Do you have an age or gender preference for roommates? Any age and gender is fine as long as your a nice and honest person.
Include a brief description about yourself: a normal person, will be cosplaying at sdcc, very quiet, cool guy, etc.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates? A good and honest person is all I ask
Another thing I ask if I could also hang out with anyone that will be staying at the hotel with me that way I don't go to the con all by myself.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 07:43:16 PM by Armandonerd »

Offline hedgesmfg

• Sails Pavilion
Name: Stephen
Hotel: Old Town Western Inn and Suites - Located a few blocks from the Old Town Green stop location. Which is only a 13 minute trolley ride from the con, on the most active line.
Days Booked: 7/17-7/21 (As in, check out is on Sunday afternoon)
Price: 266$ per person for the entire duration. Looking for no more than 2 people. Also looking for people who can stay for at least Thursday-Sunday.
Smoking/Drinking: No Smoking, Drinking, maybe. We have one under 21 person in the room, so it's iffy.
Spaces Left: 1, maybe 2. Currently only 3 in the room, seeking no more than 5 people total.

Preferences and Description.
Room type: Currently a double bed setup. With luck, maybe we can get a cott too, but I can't make promises. The hotel limits us to 4 room keys, but we're currently set for 4 people total. We can get a 5th one in without trouble, but I won't push it anywhere beyond that. I may still cut off at 4 total.
Age/Gender: The room currently has 2 males, one female, all under aged 30. My friend and I are both traveling to the con from the midwest, to meet a female friend of mine who will join us in the room. I'm fairly open minded so long as I can tell you're a fun/honest straightforward person... though I do lean a bit towards the under 30 category.
Talk about yourself: I'm a long time 27 year old male cosplayer/convention fan panelist and an experienced traveler/congoer in general. I'm a Chicago native who has traveled from east coast to west coast for cons before, including NYCC, C2E2, Otakon, Dragoncon, Anime Expo, ACEN, Youmacon, Ohayocon, and others. This is, however, my very first SDCC. Still, I am prepared and have researched the con as much as one reasonably can from a distance. I've also done 'some' press work in recent years, though none for this con.
Behavior: I've met many wonderful and fun congoers over the years. All I ask is that you be responsible, friendly, honest, open and reasonable. I love making new friends all across the country. Also, please do not bring non-roommates unless I specifically give the okay for it. No room parties.
Final Notes: First, I will personally be arriving at the hotel Wednesday afternoon before I depart to get my badge, and then to downtown SD for a bit of con center sight seeing. You're welcome to hang out with me and my friends as the week goes on, especially if you're a veteran or want someone to travel with. Just be aware that I may have some fairly crazy plans like camping out on Saturday evening for Hall H on Sunday, and also leaving the hotel rather early Thursday morning to nab some dealers room exclusives. You do not have to follow me for this, but I will be limited to only 4 room keys. If we have 5 people, one person may need to rely on the others.

PM me here, or email me at [email protected]. After that, we'll take it from there!

Offline rachelkiley

• Sails Pavilion
Looking for someone who wants to TRANSFER their hotel reservation.
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2013, 01:07:53 PM »
Hi! My friends and I are looking for somebody who has a hotel reservation they can't use anymore and wants to transfer it. Preferably downtown, one or two beds -- doesn't matter. Not looking for a particular hotel. Either from July 17th to 21st or the 18th to 21st is preferable, but if you have something different, willing to consider it.

Thank you!

Offline cappenvarra

• Sails Pavilion
Found a spot, thank you!

Looking for a spot! I have sent PMs and emails to a few people but figured posting too wouldn't hurt.

Hi there! I'm not above sleeping on the floor!

Name: Daryl
Hotel: LOOKING FOR A ROOM

Days Booked: Looking for Thursday (in LATE), Friday, and Saturday night.
Price: you tell me
Smoking/Drinking: Don't smoke (don't mind if you do), will drink socially
Spaces Left: Need 1 space

Age/Gender Preference: Don't care if it's female/male. I'm a 39, male and respectful, fun, easy to get along with.
Include a brief description about yourself: First time going to Comic-Con. Easy to get along with, closet fanboy. Really looking forward to the Sandman 25th Anniversary stuff and will seek out some Doctor Who. Game of Thrones and Walking Dead, yes please! Anything Joss Whedon or Kevin Smith is good for me. No COSPLAY for me but more power to you.
Specific behavioral preferences for roommates: I'm easy
Environment at night? Again, I'm easy

Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:07:22 AM by cappenvarra »

Offline rebel90278

• Sails Pavilion
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had any rooms available. Since last we spoke The owner of the loft I rented and even put a deposit down on had disappeared and scammed us. I'm out $750 so now I'm looking for another room for me and my 2 friends. Please if anyone has any extra reservation that would be awesome. Again thanks guys for being amazing on here.

Offline greenmustard

• Sails Pavilion
Have tentatively found something cheap, but hit me up if you have floor space at the Hilton Bayfront, Marriott, Manchester Grand Hyatt, somewhere super close to the convention center.

Name: T
Hotel: LOOKING FOR ROOM (OR FLOOR SPACE) as close as possible to convention center

Days Booked: Getting in Thursday (7/18) morning before the start of programming and leaving Sunday (7/21) afternoon.
Price: Cheap would be nice but open to discussion...
Smoking/Drinking: Non-smoking and occasional drinker (I can either drink or not drink...)

I'm a female in my early 20's. I'm okay with whatever arrangement but looking for something as close to the convention center as possible (no car...need to probably catch an amtrak train to LA on Sunday to catch a flight). Male and females are okay; I'm coming with a sleeping bag, so I'm completely okay crashing on the floor. I don't need much space...probably just a large backpack and a messenger bag.

I've been going to SDCC since 2008, but this is my first year going it alone. I did some camping out last year (Firefly and Fringe panels were calling my name...), but this year I probably won't. I attend mainly TV panels (with the occasional comic book and academic panels thrown in) and some offsite events; I have a penchant for art so will probably have a couple of mailing tubes with me as well. I'm neat, a super deep sleeper, and have done a lot of couch surfing/camping in the last couple of years so most conditions don't bother me.

If you have a spot (or floor space) or know of someone who does, and it's relatively close to the convention center, please contact me. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:01:35 PM by greenmustard »