Author Topic: NYCC Random chat  (Read 80907 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
Re: NYCC Random chat
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2022, 06:34:14 PM »
Museum of the Moving Image (MoMI) and AMC Networks partner to present Living with The Walking Dead, a major exhibition devoted to the groundbreaking series The Walking Dead as it enters its final season. Opening on June 25, 2022, at the Museum in Astoria, Queens, the exhibition explores key aspects of the show’s origins, production, and impact. The exhibition will be accompanied by multiple screening series and other public events over a six-month span, closing on January 1, 2023.

“It’s wonderful to be once again partnering with AMC Networks, this time to present an exhibition devoted to the long-running original series The Walking Dead,” said Carl Goodman, MoMI Executive Director. “More than just a television show, it is a cultural phenomenon that is adored by legions of fans, who celebrate the innovative, engaging, and immersive world that its makers have built, and for its diverse cast of characters. The exhibition will bleed outward from our temporary exhibitions gallery and into our theaters, classrooms, and other public spaces.”

"Over 11 seasons and 177 episodes, The Walking Dead has built a vibrant and massive global fan following, becoming one of the most beloved franchises in television,” said Dan McDermott, President of Entertainment and AMC Studios for AMC Networks. "We’re delighted to work with MoMI on an exhibition and lineup of events to commemorate this beloved series’ historic run, the immensely talented creative team, cast, and crew who brought it to life, and give this incredible fanbase a new and exciting way to experience their favorite show.”

The exhibition Living with The Walking Dead, in the Museum’s third-floor changing exhibitions gallery, will probe the issues at the heart of the series: the related threats of the murderous undead and the collapse of the social order. It will explore the cinematic and literary antecedents of The Walking Dead, including its origin in Robert Kirkman’s comic book series, and present the unique innovations that the AMC Networks series has contributed, with its wide-ranging story of survival, diverse cast of characters, and devoted legion of fans. The exhibition will include original costumes and props, concept art, storyboards, scripts, and a wealth of prosthetic makeup material. Created by Special Effects Makeup Supervisor and Executive Producer Greg Nicotero and his team at the award-winning KNB EFX studios, the special effects makeup transformed legions of cast members into vividly realized undead walkers, largely using practical effects.

The Walking Dead premiered on Halloween night in 2010 as the #1 cable series launch of all time and is the most-watched series in cable history. It was the first cable series to become the #1 show in all of television, including broadcast, a rank it held for five consecutive years. The series has also given life to a vibrant and expanding content universe that currently includes Talking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, The Walking Dead: World Beyond, two spinoffs planned for 2023, and the forthcoming episodic anthology series Tales of the Walking Dead.

AMC Networks continues to develop new content rooted in the unique and entertaining world of The Walking Dead, one of the most powerful franchises in the history of television, which currently has more than 50 million social followers and fans across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, a thriving presence in gaming, The Art of AMC’s The Walking Dead Universe coffee-table book, and a variety of other extensions through which this passionate fan community connects with stories and characters unlike anything else on television.

The Walking Dead is produced by AMC Studios and executive produced by Scott M. Gimple, Chief Content Officer of The Walking Dead Universe, Showrunner Angela Kang, Robert Kirkman, David Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, Denise Huth, and Tom Luse.

The Museum previously partnered with AMC Networks on the exhibitions Matthew Weiner’s Mad Men (2015) and From Mr. Chips to Scarface: Walter White’s Transformation in Breaking Bad (2013).

About Museum of the Moving Image
Museum of the Moving Image (MoMI) is the only institution in the United States that deals comprehensively with the art, technology, enjoyment, and social impact of film, television, and digital media. In its acclaimed facility in Astoria, New York, the Museum presents exhibitions; screenings; discussion programs featuring actors, directors, and creative leaders; and education programs. It houses the nation’s largest collection of moving image artifacts and screens over 500 films annually. Its exhibitions—including the core exhibition Behind the Screen and The Jim Henson Exhibition—are noted for their integration of material objects, interactive experiences, and audiovisual presentations. For more information about MoMI, visit movingimage.us.

MUSEUM INFORMATION
Hours: Thursday, 2:00–6:00 p.m. (free hours). Friday, 2:00–8:00 p.m. Saturday–Sunday, 12:00–6:00 p.m.
Extended Hours: April 18–21, 12:00–6:00 p.m. daily, during NYC public schools’ spring recess
Museum Admission: $15 adults; $11 senior citizens (ages 65+) and students (ages 18+) with ID; $9 youth (ages 3–17). Children under 3 and Museum members are admitted free.
Address: 36-01 35 Avenue (at 37 Street), Astoria (Queens), NY, 11106
Subway: M (weekdays only) or R to Steinway Street. W (weekdays only) or N to 36 Ave.
Program Information: Telephone: 718 777 6888; Website: movingimage.us
Membership: Become a Member – Museum of the Moving Image or 718 777 6877
Film Screenings: Friday evenings, Saturdays and Sundays, and as scheduled. Unless noted, tickets are $15 adults / $11 students and seniors / $9 youth (ages 3–17) / free or discounted for Museum members. Advance online purchase is recommended.

MoMI also has a Laika and Jim Henson exhibit if you have the time
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #256 on: September 22, 2022, 07:16:41 PM »
Neopets booth (#1324) this year:

Booth #1324 Activities

Giveaways:
        An NYCC exclusive Faerie-themed pin and lanyard from What's Your Passion Jewelry
        3 free Neopets NYCC limited stickers, including a:
            Neopets Metaverse Shoyru Holographic Sticker
            Faerie's Hope Fyora Holographic Sticker
            Jhudora Holographic Sticker
        A Neopian Times themed NYCC exclusive pamphlet
        Multiple sets of the Neopets 5 piece plushie bundle will be given away to randomly selected fans who take a picture at the booth and tag #NeopetsNYCC on their social posts!
    Interactions:
        Watch the video trailers for the upcoming release of Neopets: Faerie's Hope and the current Alpha build of Neopets Metaverse!
        Come see the latest offering of Neopets Upper Deck Trading Cards! Sign up for an Upper Deck e-Pack to get an Alien Aisha Event Exclusive promo card. Each card includes a code that will allow collectors to add a digital version of the card into their e-Pack™ account
        Meet the co-author behind the highly-anticipated Official Neopets Cookbook, Erinn Pascal! Erinn will be handing out and signing an exclusive recipe card from the upcoming book, slated to launch June of 2023.
        Get a first look at the Neopets Tarot Card Deck! Featuring a full set of 78 unique foiled cards and a diverse cast of Neopian heroes, villains, and inhabitants, this Tarot deck is packed with gorgeous art, familiar landscapes, and deep-rooted meanings and symbolism for answering all of life's questions.
        Check out the 5 exclusive Neopets pins from What's Your Passion Jewelry as well as their newly designed Faerie-inspired fine jewelry in ring, earring, and pendant formats.
        Take your photo with Fyora, the Faerie Queen, for a magical photo opp!

With all these new experiences and products to enjoy, the Neopets community can expect increasingly innovative ways to rediscover and enjoy the game that they have loved for decades. Continue the Neopets journey and keep up to date on the latest news by following our social channels:

● Facebook: @Neopets

● Instagram: @NeopetsOfficialAccount

● Twitter: @Neopets

● TikTok: @OfficialNeopets

About Neopets

JumpStart® Games is the leader in creating interactive family experiences that enrich, entertain and educate. For over 20 years, Jumpstart Games has produced high quality products that are engaging, social, creative, and most importantly, fun! JumpStart builds mobile, web and console games and experiences under its flagship brands - JumpStart®, Jumpstart Academy®, School of Dragons®, Neopets® and Math Blaster®. JumpStarts’ dedication to providing positive, safe and enriching experiences, has earned it the trust of millions of teachers, parents, and respected organizations such as Common Sense Media and The National Parenting Center. JumpStart is a subsidiary of NetDragon, a global leader in building internet communities, and is based in Los Angeles, California. For more information, please

visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #257 on: Today at 03:26:33 PM »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2022, 07:04:48 PM »
Is it me or is the show floor flipped this year? Normally the studios are in the 2000-3000 aisles, and this year they're all down in the 1000s.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #258 on: September 26, 2022, 09:03:43 AM »
Anyone get into the reservation portal yet?
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #259 on: September 26, 2022, 09:05:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone get into the reservation portal yet?

Just got thrown in the queue. I tried the link on their website but it did not work which is sadly unsurprising. I then tried a link on their Facebook page and it finally popped me into the line.

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #260 on: September 26, 2022, 09:05:37 AM »
This is why I hate RP...they can't follow their own instructions.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2022, 09:06:54 AM »
I'm in the queue but the line "is paused".  I guess they didn't learn anything from last year.

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2022, 09:07:28 AM »
I am in the queue. It said an hour wait and now it says that the line is paused. Great job Reedpop!

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #263 on: September 26, 2022, 09:07:36 AM »
The link on their own Reservation page doesn't work...had to go to twitter...idiots...argh

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #264 on: September 26, 2022, 09:14:25 AM »

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #265 on: September 26, 2022, 09:23:57 AM »
Per @Thuzi's twitter

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #266 on: September 26, 2022, 09:26:39 AM »
Per @Thuzi's twitter

That tweet is from last year.

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #267 on: September 26, 2022, 09:45:51 AM »

Offline RTFirefly

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #268 on: September 26, 2022, 10:22:03 AM »
I've been paused again for like a half hour. This is just insane. Every year we see this nonsense.

I lost minutes because the link on their OWN website was broken!

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #269 on: September 26, 2022, 10:37:46 AM »
RP never disappoints when it comes to clusters like these.