Author Topic: Please help me ask David Glanzer questions !!  (Read 5012 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Please help me ask David Glanzer questions !!
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:32:54 AM »
David will be doing a Q&A with me & [member=10]ukdeejay[/member] on thursday July 7th @ 9am pt, 12 noon ET.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would LOVE to have questions to ask so please please please help me out & post some in this thread so i won't look like a fool.  here's a link to the event

There are some guidelines-
please keep it short- i can't do long paragraphs

be reasonable,  he's not going to go into teh specifics of wrist bands for hall h but he might comment on the general policy for example.

Some topic's i hope to address are;
  • Off sites & how they come into being-
  • Wrist bands & exclusive ticketing
  • WonderCon

Seriously please help me with short questions so i don't look silly !!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline DCD74

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Re: Please help me ask David Glanzer questions !!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 05:38:44 AM »
Thanks for the opportunity!

What's the process for creating a panel? If I have a good idea, and some name people are interested, how do I go about making it happen?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:05:52 PM »

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:15:43 AM »
How does he feel the hotel process went this year?
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 06:59:26 AM »
Will the Hall H wristbands be handed out earlier this year (afternoon instead of evening) to prevent little kids/disabled/seniors from waiting until 3 am for a wristband?

Will there be some sort of verification to ensure badges were activated, to ensure eligibility for pre-registration?

What kind of information can they get from our RFID badges while we wear them? Can they track traffic flow around the convention center? (This is what DisneyWorld does with the bands they make everyone wear.)

What will be in the Sails in place of badge pickup?

How will the back of the convention center be monitored in the morning to prevent people from entering on that side?

Will exhibitors be able to use the RFID technology in our badges to scan info, as they did from the paper badges?

How high will the RFID touchpoints be? (Taller than WonderCon?)  Will there be any changes from how the RFID process was handled at WonderCon?

Offline LarielRomeniel

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 07:01:38 AM »
Any more news about the Comic Con Museum talks with the Hall of Champions at Balboa Park? Any thoughts yet about the show's location past 2018 (they're signed to the convention center till then)?

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 08:45:45 AM »
Is CCI backing or supportive of any particular one of the Redevelopment plans for Seaport Village, would any of these plans make it more likely that CCI would continue to stay in San Diego past 2018?

Most plans in include additional Hotels and the "Embarcadero District" plan includes an 18,000-seat sports and entertainment venue (that’d be a heck of a replacement for Hall “H” and you could add Hall “H” back into the convention floor).

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 08:54:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

How will the back of the convention center be monitored in the morning to prevent people from entering on that side?

Will exhibitors be able to use the RFID technology in our badges to scan info, as they did from the paper badges?

THESE QUESTIONS....times one million. Security has never been tight enough on the backside of the CC in those early mornings.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 08:58:34 AM »
There was a big drop in the Artists' Alley list this year. Were fewer people accepted? Or were there fewer applicants?

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 10:05:33 AM »
Thanks for your time David, including when you chimed in here on this very forum a few times.

In what ways might a "Press Releases" tab directly on the main CCI site, which for example would collect your recent interviews with Forbes, Voice of San Diego, etc., help CCI continue to "inform the public that art can come in a variety of forms"?

A couple of years ago, John Rogers came to Mike Towry's San Diego Comic Fest as a guest of honor (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login). During his panel, he mentioned that CCI keeps the "attendee's pocketbook" central to making decisions about the direction of its shows. How do you feel that CCI is doing in that regard? Any chance of seeing you as a guest of honor at San Diego Comic Fest 2017? You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Point of praise -> ::thank you:: for broadcasting the Ace Parking information on your site this year in time for people participating in the lottery; much improved over previous years of not posting that information until after the fact. Many attendees still look to your site as the main information source about all aspects of their convention experience.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 10:42:24 AM by AzT »

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2016, 11:33:09 AM »

THIS times a million.

Offline bball2026

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
THESE QUESTIONS....times one million. Security has never been tight enough on the backside of the CC in those early mornings.

In addition how will it work when the Lego/Hasbro line is a mile down the back of the convention center, will we need to tap out & in back. How will they address this?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
"there were some bumps that we'll be looking to improve upon next year, but generally we think it went pretty well."

Or something like that

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
David will be doing a Q&A with me & [member=10]ukdeejay[/member] on thursday July 7th @ 9am pt, 12 noon ET.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I would LOVE to have questions to ask so please please please help me out & post some in this thread so i won't look like a fool.  here's a link to the event

There are some guidelines-
please keep it short- i can't do long paragraphs

be reasonable,  he's not going to go into teh specifics of wrist bands for hall h but he might comment on the general policy for example.

Some topic's i hope to address are;
  • Off sites & how they come into being-
  • Wrist bands & exclusive ticketing
  • WonderCon

Seriously please help me with short questions so i don't look silly !!

I'd love to know an estimate in amount of man-hours put in by CCI to make Comic-Con go: meaning planning/choosing panels, logistics in getting necessary space, working with multiple hotels to plan logistics for space needed, working with studios for their big panels, working with studios for outside-of-Convention Center activities (like the Gotham zipline from a few years' back, or last year's [adult swim] thing), etc.  Also how the planning time varies from WonderCon or APE.
As I've gotten older I really kind of geek out over the goofy stuff of planning.  Co-running a fairly large & successful HS instrumental music program is always a task: getting facilities for rehearsals, transportation, the significant planning that goes into hosting a field tournament & and three-day band/orchestra festival.  I'd love to hear a little bit about what goes involved on the planning level of something a huge as Comic-Con!

Offline omraged9

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 242
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2016, 07:20:08 PM »
"there were some bumps that we'll be looking to improve upon next year, but generally we think it went pretty well."

Or something like that

Heh maybe we should be more specific with our questions like: The process of hotel sale seems worse this year and people were able to abuse the sytem by having multiple browsers sessions. Is there a way to return to the previous year's first come first serve system and not have it randomized?

Offline citizenmilton

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 75
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 08:55:19 AM »
Mr. Glanzer,

In the public discussion over the convention center expansion, CCI has repeatedly shown itself to be good citizens and good neighbors who approach the debate with civility and honesty. But there are other forces working against CCI's interests, and these people are sharks willing to do anything.

Is there anything CCI can do to take a stronger opposition to the proposed football stadium / hybrid convention center? Are there any strategies for a expansion plan that could actually benefit the convention?