Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26662 times)

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's the thing about infectious diseases.  You aren't the only one taking the risk.  You are deciding for everyone if they should take the risk too.  Infectious diseases aren't only about you.

That's the bad part. At this point I'm so bored and depressed I'd go to Burning Man naked and touch EVERYONE just for something to do. I'm not afraid of getting it and I would accept the consequences (and long-term aftereffects) if I did.

But I won't kill other people if I can avoid it, so home I sit.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
That's the bad part. At this point I'm so bored and depressed I'd go to Burning Man naked and touch EVERYONE just for something to do. I'm not afraid of getting it and I would accept the consequences (and long-term aftereffects) if I did.

Well Burning Man was canceled, so that would end up being a pretty boring trip.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Atlanta Comic-Con has been given the green light for July 31-Aug 2.  Pretty sure that means DragonCon will go forward as scheduled too.

Well, that makes two for them...since Atlanta Comic Con is run by the same company as the also-greenlit Tampa Bay Comic Convention. (Also, the now defunct San Francisco Comic Convention.)
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
That makes sense.

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
Here's an example of language being used with a nearby zoo that is reopening. Their reopen has a lot of limitations, but the following disclaimer (or something similar) is something I expect to see more of in the future.

An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. By visiting the Racine Zoo, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Here's an example of language being used with a nearby zoo that is reopening. Their reopen has a lot of limitations, but the following disclaimer (or something similar) is something I expect to see more of in the future.

I'm ok with this.   :) :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792

I wonder if events might make folks sign something like when they buy tickets, etc.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
It will be in the terms and conditions that we click that we read when we check out but never do because we’re in a rush.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
I wonder if events might make folks sign something like when they buy tickets, etc.

We already do.  It's in the terms you agree to when you buy a ticket.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
It will be in the terms and conditions that we click that we read when we check out but never do because we’re in a rush.

That makes sense.  The "I agree" that we never read.  :)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Here's an article about why it took so long to cancel SDCC.  Mainly the reasons were financial.  Insurance was a factor as were permits.  Of course the cancellation fees from both the convention center and the hotels would have been substantial.  They were able to mitigate those.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Due to recent upswings in apparent cases, I am changing my vote to ... no way.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Thoughts on how a con such as SDCC could (eventually) happen again, while keeping everyone safe.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
The con in Tampa in July and Atlanta in August canceled.  But there’s still one in Huntsville, AL in July.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Tampa is still a go from their website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 08:45:24 PM by Miclpea »