Author Topic: CCI 2015 Ace Parking  (Read 69378 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« Reply #510 on: June 04, 2015, 05:24:59 PM »
A failwhale on CCI's part -> which I griped about much earlier in this thread -> to not mention something so closely related to their brand and the overall experience of their attendees who would've appreciated a heads-up of some kind from "the mothership" itself. There's *no way* CCI didn't know about the Ace lottery much earlier than today and it's not technically *that hard* to post a link and a few words; purely conjecture on my part, but this seems to have been a choice on their part to distance themselves and wait so long to say anything on their own website.

"What did you know, when did you know it and why sit on it for as long as you did?"

Would love to hear Mr. Glanzer's take on this.

Sample music on this item from their own FB page:

"Um. With the show about a month away, why does the parking page say "More information about Comic-Con 2015 is coming soon!" Usually you've provided a link to a parking vendor and the date parking is available. But it turns out that date has past and the vendor has already had their registration -- with no notice from SDCC on the website or here on Facebook. So those of us counting on SDCC to let us know are now stuck without parking. Help!!!!!"

(Luckily someone else replied about Hilton still being available)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 05:32:50 PM by AzT »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #511 on: June 04, 2015, 06:03:30 PM »
They should just remove it. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. No one is ever happy. They don't control it and any info on it is purely a courtesy, but even that isn't good enough for people. Everyone expects their hand to be held through it all and blame CCI for things that they don't control.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #512 on: Today at 01:58:44 AM »

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #512 on: June 05, 2015, 12:36:41 PM »
Does anyone know how parking at Hilton Bayfront actually works? How do they differentiate between cars that belong to guests of the hotel vs. cars that belong to non-guests? If you are a guest, do they take down your car information?

We actually are guests at the Hilton Bayfront this year for the first time. We need to bring 2 cars though, and I just called Hilton Bayfront. The guy told me the guest rates of $32/night for self parking and $42/night for valet, with in and out privileges, and said that only 1 car was allowed per room. However, he also mentioned that a "3rd party" (presumably Ace Parking) was running the parking and that I might want to buy a parking pass from them. Then I said that it was stated that Hilton Bayfront was not overnight parking. He then transferred me over to the management for "the 3rd party" to get more information, but I figured that wouldn't help, and they'd just tell me what the stated hours were anyway, so I hung up before anyone answered there. 

So I guess my question is, how has parking worked at the Hilton in the past, whether you were a guest or non-guest? I believe I read on here that some people have parked there during the times when parking was supposedly closed there. Has anyone who was a guest parked more than one car there overnight?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #513 on: June 05, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »
When you check in and say that you need a parking space, you have to give them information about your car (such as make and model, and license plate). My guess is that they check the plates on all cars parked in the lot overnight (say, at 3 am).

Offline the collector

• Sails Pavilion
  • Mint Condition
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #514 on: June 08, 2015, 10:03:22 AM »
Ace Parking is open now

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #515 on: June 08, 2015, 11:44:11 AM »

Update:

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:14:07 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline 22soulatker

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #516 on: June 13, 2015, 10:03:42 AM »
I got tickets for Bayfront. I think the earliest is 5AM right? Cause I was going to try and get in line earlier then that. How can do that? Is it even possible?

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #517 on: June 13, 2015, 10:20:56 AM »
I got tickets for Bayfront. I think the earliest is 5AM right? Cause I was going to try and get in line earlier then that. How can do that? Is it even possible?

Last year, I wanted to get in line before 5am, so when I arrived at 3am I found/parked in nearby street parking, then got in line... then a little before 5am had someone hold my place in line and went and moved my car from street parking into the Ace Parking, then got back in line... quite a hassle and not ideal but it worked... Are there even any lots that allow parking before 5am?

Offline 22soulatker

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #518 on: June 13, 2015, 11:23:42 AM »
Last year, I wanted to get in line before 5am, so when I arrived at 3am I found/parked in nearby street parking, then got in line... then a little before 5am had someone hold my place in line and went and moved my car from street parking into the Ace Parking, then got back in line... quite a hassle and not ideal but it worked... Are there even any lots that allow parking before 5am?

Thats what I was thinking. Ill park somewhere at around 4AM and my wife can just hold our spot in line. Cause the line wont move till later right? So she should still be in the same spot.

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #519 on: June 15, 2015, 01:41:21 PM »

Yes, Horton Plaza is a 24/7 parking garage. Even though it says on Ace Parking that the hours are 5am-2am, that's not true. We've parked there overnight since 2012. I wrote a whole post about this on our website, if you're interested: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline 22soulatker

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2015, 11:01:06 PM »
Yes, Horton Plaza is a 24/7 parking garage. Even though it says on Ace Parking that the hours are 5am-2am, that's not true. We've parked there overnight since 2012. I wrote a whole post about this on our website, if you're interested: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Damn your making me second guess. Should have gotten that lot instead. I probably need to get there before 5AM for Hasbro line. Where could I park to for like 2hrs or less? Then move my car to bayfront lot at 5AM

Offline KevsterSD

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:26 PM »
Parking meters are not enforced until 8 am, generally, in the downtown area. You may be able to find something not too far over the footbridge that connects with the bayfront parking structure. That early in the morning could have spaces available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mtriple

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #522 on: June 17, 2015, 01:03:51 PM »

That's good to know since I will be parking there.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #523 on: June 17, 2015, 04:58:15 PM »

The $40 Tailgate lots full.

Offline 22soulatker

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #524 on: June 18, 2015, 12:17:17 PM »
I had an idea about taking a Cab from my hotel instead of parking in the lot. Would that make more sense. Not worried about the money just thinking about if it would be better so i can get there before 5AM?/