Author Topic: Traveling Southwest to SDCC 2017?  (Read 19338 times)

Offline LaMaestra

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
Re: Traveling Southwest to SDCC 2017?
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2017, 02:35:05 PM »
Does anyone know how long it takes Southwest to refund back your money?
Instead of changing my flight due to a lower cost, I accidentally did a refund instead and purchased the tix all over again. Sadly I lost the $30 from the checkin and had to choose it again.
I'm sure because of Easter Sunday it delayed it but usually how long does it take? Within 24 hrs? 48 hrs? I did it last night so I'm guessing by Monday I'd get the money again?

Offline Agoyo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2017, 07:54:51 AM »
Was it a refundable ticket? The balance may be sitting under the old confirmation number as travel funds.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #92 on: Today at 04:19:30 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:07 AM »
Just rescheduled my flight out for $32 less :)
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline LaMaestra

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Was it a refundable ticket? The balance may be sitting under the old confirmation number as travel funds.

It was a refundable ticket. It just took 3 days to put it back into my acct. I was getting worried that I'd be charged twice lol. Seems like these price aren't gonna go down any time soon. And idk if they'll even have a sale.... I'm hoping so but my hopes are slowly fading away haha.

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »
Anyone flying from the east coast finding any deals?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2017, 09:14:12 AM »
Anyone flying from the east coast finding any deals?

My brother is flying out of Albany NY and so far the only deals black out mid-June/July dates, typically summer traveling I suppose. Prob should just get them already.     

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2017, 09:17:57 AM »
My brother is flying out of Albany NY and so far the only deals black out mid-June/July dates, typically summer traveling I suppose. Prob should just get them already.   
Yeah, flying from Phila is about the same. I got a good price last year, but I also bought them in Feb when the badge sale was earlier.

Posts, retweets, live tweets & comments of all things related to Me & My Nerd. @MeMyNerd/twitter & Tumblr

Offline Telly-tel

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 35
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2017, 12:45:41 PM »
Yeah, flying from Phila is about the same. I got a good price last year, but I also bought them in Feb when the badge sale was earlier.

It really depends on what day you are trying to fly out on. We also fly out of philly airport. Try looking for a Tuesday or Wednesday departure.

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »
It really depends on what day you are trying to fly out on. We also fly out of philly airport. Try looking for a Tuesday or Wednesday departure.
We usually fly out Wed, but we're leaving Tues this year to volunteer pre con.

Offline Telly-tel

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2017, 12:51:11 PM »
We usually fly out Wed, but we're leaving Tues this year to volunteer pre con.

Yeah that is usually a cheaper day to fly out. This year we are leaving on Tuesday but flying directly to San Diego. Normally we fly to vegas (cheaper) and then fly the next morning to San Diego. Do you have a preference of Airlines you are looking at.

Offline Telly-tel

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2017, 12:59:02 PM »
Try also pricing it as a one way instead of a round trip. Sometimes it is cheaper todo separately.

Offline nvj29

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2017, 01:00:56 PM »
Yeah that is usually a cheaper day to fly out. This year we are leaving on Tuesday but flying directly to San Diego. Normally we fly to vegas (cheaper) and then fly the next morning to San Diego. Do you have a preference of Airlines you are looking at.
For SDCC usually southwest as we bring purchases back. Last year we flew American really cheap, but I also booked in Feb. The lateness of the sale is really hurting for flight prices.

Offline Telly-tel

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2017, 01:08:08 PM »
For SDCC usually southwest as we bring purchases back. Last year we flew American really cheap, but I also booked in Feb. The lateness of the sale is really hurting for flight prices.

[/quote

Yea you can find cheap flights with certain airlines or at least you think. You will end up paying for bags, seats, and other things. I usually stick with southwest as well because you can check two bags. Last year I paid a little less than $200 one way by going into vegas first. Sometimes taking multiple planes makes it cheaper too... Depends if you like to fly a lot or just want a non stop lol.

Offline hardliner

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2017, 09:41:28 AM »
So what is the overall advice here when it comes to a time to purchase your ticket?

I'm flying from DFW and I'm going to fly American. Should I buy now or wait? If wait, how much longer? The app, Hopper, has told me that pricing on the flight I have in mind will hold steady until June 1st then it will slowly rise.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
So what is the overall advice here when it comes to a time to purchase your ticket?

I'm flying from DFW and I'm going to fly American. Should I buy now or wait? If wait, how much longer? The app, Hopper, has told me that pricing on the flight I have in mind will hold steady until June 1st then it will slowly rise.

Usually flights go up in price the longer you wait, but I would just keep checking.

One aside - I'm not sure if you have flown lately but last year both united and AA changed my flight times on me at least twice. For some reason they think its ok to move your flight times by hours to put you on another flight. While those carriers may be cheaper, thats why I went back to SW.