Author Topic: Tips for a new mom attending SDCC  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Amira Elizabeth

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Tips for a new mom attending SDCC
« on: May 01, 2017, 08:28:40 PM »
I didn't see a topic for traveling with babies/kids to SDCC so I figured I would reach out for any advice. I am SDCC veteran (been attending since 2007 except for last year when the little one was 6 weeks old), but this is the first time I am attending the con with my daughter who will be 13 months.  I will have my sister for help, but any advice?  What to bring?  How are the shuttles and trying to get stroller, baby, etc. on board?  Places to eat with little ones?  Getting around San Diego in general?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Tips for a new mom attending SDCC
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 08:42:38 PM »
i've heard really good things about the child care service- Its a place where a kid can be a kid and it will give you a break
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:39:41 AM »

Offline geekyfamilyfriendly

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 06:31:29 AM »
#1 is where you get your hotel. My wife and I did comic con last year with our 1 year old and we had the wyndham. #2 parking, we were lucky to get parking under the convention center. Your own vehicle would be best to get around in. A light  stroller for them, with an umbrella. Bring snacks and plenty of water.

Offline Madmax

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Hi Amira,

Me and my wife were almost in exactly your situation last year. We've been going for the past 5 years, when my wife was pregnant with our first child and then next year when he was 9 months old. We're going again this year, he will be about 19 months and my wife is pregnant again. I actually had a ton of questions similar to yours I posted last year and several parents PM me to give me great advice on the dos and don'ts.  There's too many to write her but message me and i would be more than happy to give all the advice I can.  I do agree with geekyfamilyfriend, it all depends on your hotel situation. Last year we were lucky enough that a friend gave us his MGH hotel for us since my wife was still pumping and our son was young. I will say this, you will definitely need to modify your past excursions and will not be able to see or experience everything you had before, but it can be done. Message me if you want more info.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 10:37:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi Amira,

Me and my wife were almost in exactly your situation last year. We've been going for the past 5 years, when my wife was pregnant with our first child and then next year when he was 9 months old. We're going again this year, he will be about 19 months and my wife is pregnant again. I actually had a ton of questions similar to yours I posted last year and several parents PM me to give me great advice on the dos and don'ts.  There's too many to write her but message me and i would be more than happy to give all the advice I can.  I do agree with geekyfamilyfriend, it all depends on your hotel situation. Last year we were lucky enough that a friend gave us his MGH hotel for us since my wife was still pumping and our son was young. I will say this, you will definitely need to modify your past excursions and will not be able to see or experience everything you had before, but it can be done. Message me if you want more info.

Here is a link to that thread. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login