Author Topic: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H  (Read 42698 times)

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H
« on: June 10, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »
From SDCC U Blog.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marching Towards Hall H; Other Star Wars Panels

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

ETA...

What’s that sound in the distance? It’s the sound of an Imperial march, headed straight for Hall H.
After all the speculation about whether or not Star Wars: The Force Awakens would potentially be headed to Comic-Con this year, especially in light of Marvel Studios skipping, we’ve finally got our answer: They’re coming for you, SDCC attendees. On friday, July 10 in Hall H.

The panel, which currently doesn’t have a time, promises that present and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and “special guests” will be on hand to  provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

That’s far from the only Star Wars panel during SDCC though, as they’ll also be presenting panels on everything from publishing (Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 2), toys (Hasbro Star Wars, Star Wars Collectibles Update), gaming (Disney Infinity 3.0), and more. Here’s a look at the full schedule:

Friday, July 10, Star Wars Schedule

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hall H
Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 1: 10:00 p.m. — 11:00 p.m.; Room: 7AB
Join a dynamic, all-star, New York Times-bestselling panel of authors including Alexandra Bracken (the Darkest Minds series), Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grim series), Tom Angleberger (The Origami Yoda series), and Tony Diterlizzi (The Spiderwick Chronicles) in conversation with Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain about the new Star Wars retellings for a younger generation of fans. From  picture books to novels, these authors present A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in perspectives that will change the way readers understand who these beloved characters are and how they became legends for legions of fans.

Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 2: 11:00 p.m. — 12:00 p.m.; Room: 7AB
Join a variety of authors as they talk about their upcoming projects from that galaxy far, far away. Moderated by Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain, authors from Del Rey and other publishers will participate in a discussion on writing stories for the exciting new future of the Star Wars universe.

Hasbro Star Wars, 12:00 p.m. — 1:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
Join members of the Hasbro and Lucasfilm teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure offerings, and word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises, including a special product reveal.

Star Wars Collectibles Update with Lucasfilm’s Anita Castellar, 1:00 p.m. — 2:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
Join eFX, Gentle Giant Studios, Kotobukiya, and Sideshow Collectibles for product development insights and exclusive previews of the latest in Star Wars collectibles. In attendance will be Anita Castellar, a self-professed Star Wars fangirl who manages licensing for hardline categories at Lucasfilm such as toys, collectibles, consumer electronics, automotives, and more.

ILM 40th Anniversary, 2:00 p.m. — 3:00 p.m., Room: 7AB
For 40 years, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most memorable images in the history of modern cinema. From advances in the photo chemical process, optical compositing, motion control, and models and miniatures - to the company’s pioneering efforts in computer graphics, digital compositing, film scanning and recording, morphing, digital environments, performance capture, character animation and modern digital pipelines, ILM continues to break new ground in visual effects for film, television, themed attractions, and new forms of entertainment. The presenters will discuss the company’s work from its earliest days and breakthroughs along the way.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition at San Diego Comic Con 2015
For the first time, Star Wars joins forces with characters from across The Walt Disney Company in Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition — the next chapter in the best-selling hybrid toy/video game series. Fans are invited to the Disney Infinity Pop-Up Shop, located at the heart of Gaslamp District, for the opportunity to play as Ahsoka Tano, Luke Skywalker, Darth Maul or any of the Star Wars characters featured in Star Wars: Twilight of the Republic and Star Wars: Rise Against the Empire.

Fans will also have a chance to step into the “Disney Infinity Only in the Toy Box” mediated reality experience, where guests virtually enter the Toy Box and interact alongside their favorite Disney Infinity characters, such as engaging in lightsaber duels with Darth Vader or Yoda, and take home a customized photo and video with their chosen character. Other Disney Infinity Pop-Up Shop activities include a Toy Box TV Live Edition webcast on Twitch featuring new announcements, surprise guests, contests with prizes, and exclusive giveaways.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:20:41 AM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
Re: Star Wars Panel in Hall H Friday
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 12:29:19 PM »
Of course they would pick the day I'm working con....  >:(

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Star Wars Panel, 5:30-6:30 pm, Hall H
« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:17:31 PM »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 12:29:58 PM »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hall H  :o :o :o

Too much information today--
Brain going into overload.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 12:30:39 PM »
Here's the official page for this.

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 12:36:23 PM »
Guys, is it possible with this announcement that Walking Dead and/or GoT might *not* be in Hall H Friday?  Maybe?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »
Guys, is it possible with this announcement that Walking Dead and/or GoT might *not* be in Hall H Friday?  Maybe?

I was wondering the same thing. If those things are all in Hall H on Friday.....I don't even want to imagine the mayhem on controlling the lines and when people start them. I was considering a Thursday campout for Hall H to finally give TWD panel a shot, but if it's on Friday with Star Wars? Screw. That. No one is leaving that Hall from the moment it's full in the morning until it's done that evening.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »

If it is the exhibit hall will be half empty haha.

doubt it though

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »

That's what I'm really, really, REALLY worried about now. These are my two favorites and I was planning on going all out for these (i.e. Hall H camp out), but I don't have a Saturday badge. I'm going to be really disappointed if they have them on that day  :-[
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
I suspect the correct times for the publishing panels are 10am to 11am and 11am to 12pm.  Otherwise 11pm to 12pm panel would be 13 hours long.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 12:43:36 PM »
I suspect the correct times for the publishing panels are 10am to 11am and 11am to 12pm.  Otherwise 11pm to 12pm panel would be 13 hours long.

They are making a really big push for the extended universe haha

Offline thawk

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 124
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 12:44:12 PM »
Man - Dr Who Thursday, Star Wars Friday, DC Saturday - this is going to be a crazy Hall H spread - hard to know what lines are going to be like with so many great things spread across the days
nana nana nana nana BATMAN...!

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 12:48:03 PM »
Man - Dr Who Thursday, Star Wars Friday, DC Saturday - this is going to be a crazy Hall H spread - hard to know what lines are going to be like with so many great things spread across the days

I'm sure people are going to camp out Wednesday stay in Hall H all day leave then camp out and repeat for the next couple days.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 12:50:15 PM »
I may be trying for this, but I'm already terrified of how insane that line is going to get.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
I may be trying for this, but I'm already terrified of how insane that line is going to get.

I'm thinking Firefly+Marvel Panel times 10

Offline Cut That Meat

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 176
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 12:57:17 PM »
Is Friday the new Saturday? GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
SDCC 2008, 2010-11, 2013-19, 2022-23
WC 2014-16, 2023
D23 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022
ECCC 2019