Author Topic: Cobra Kai  (Read 972 times)

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
Cobra Kai
« on: May 12, 2018, 01:19:29 PM »
Anyone watch this?  I think they did a great job of making Johnny a more complex character while at the same time still keeping his character consistent. He’s still a jerk and a pig here and but he is sincere in wanting to help the kids overcome their bullies.  He is not teaching a kinder, gentler karate but he believes toughness and no mercy are the only way to survive in this world.   We knew in the original Karate Kid that he had some semblance of honor and decency so his motivations don’t seem out of character.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Re: Cobra Kai
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 02:02:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyone watch this?  I think they did a great job of making Johnny a more complex character while at the same time still keeping his character consistent. He’s still a jerk and a pig here and but he is sincere in wanting to help the kids overcome their bullies.  He is not teaching a kinder, gentler karate but he believes toughness and no mercy are the only way to survive in this world.   We knew in the original Karate Kid that he had some semblance of honor and decency so his motivations don’t seem out of character.
I binged this today and I was surprised at how good it was, at times you didn’t know who to root for and that’s what made it good. I glad there will be a season 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:48:48 AM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:10:03 AM »
Saw it awhile back and was cool how they reflected or showed flashbacks to the movie at certain times of the series. might even make some who see it for first time try check out old movies if possible or even wanna learn karate in real by chance.  just gotta wait now for the next season to be out next year, give them time to sort out the details and guessing i have some ideas what might happen but not sure till i see it happen on the show.

Offline kremss

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 23
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 10:03:18 AM »
I am half way through and have been digging it.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 11:01:00 AM »
I loved it.  What a great way to bring back the characters we love!
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion