Author Topic: Media Chat....Current Events  (Read 53694 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Media Chat....Current Events
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2021, 01:43:57 AM »
I saw this title in the credits of a movie I just finished watching, "covid supervisor".  It marks the times we are living in.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2021, 09:03:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I saw this title in the credits of a movie I just finished watching, "covid supervisor".  It marks the times we are living in.
Yeah I read somewhere that the Ellen game show (Game of Games I  think it's called) has _ELEVEN_ COVID Supervisors.  As an education union negotiator I'm pushing for our district to install similar positions at all of the school site; they're basically employees who's sole job is to ensure that all COVID safety protocols are being followed at all times.  It's a position that makes 100% complete sense, IMO: most employees in jobs currently are busy 1) doing their job and 2) doing their job while thinking of all of the myriad of COVID safety-related changes they/we now have to follow.  I talked to a friend of mine that works on TV and film productions and he told me simply, "we're all focused on our own jobs so it makes sense to hire people to focus on everyone maintaining safety protocols: we can't all have Tom Cruise in our productions  :P "

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 06:55:29 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2021, 09:39:36 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2021, 02:22:52 PM »
so i'm looking at up coming movies & what do i see opening tomorrow at amc

and yes, i can reserve a ticket for it
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2021, 11:06:03 AM »
AMC announced today that if you are an AMC stockholder that you get a free large popcorn when you go see your next movie at AMC.  I wonder if I'll have to report it as a dividend on my taxes.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2021, 12:09:05 PM »
AMC announced today that if you are an AMC stockholder that you get a free large popcorn when you go see your next movie at AMC.  I wonder if I'll have to report it as a dividend on my taxes.
;D ;D :P :P

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2021, 04:22:21 PM »
brace yourselves
The Tomorrow War marketing is about to blanket us with adverts

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline lliving

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 173
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2021, 07:02:30 AM »
For people with Sirius/XM, there are several good podcasts available on demand through the app.

There’s a 6 part documentary that goes through the history of SDCC,  “Comic Con Begins: Origin Stories of the San Diego Comic-Con and the Rise of Modern Fandom”

There are several Marvel scripted podcasts as well as other MCU based podcasts(Not all the material is exclusive to Sirius/XM)

There is also a weekly show hosted by Entertainment Weekly writers that reviews/previews Superhero TV shows and movies called “Superhero Insider”

Sent from my ???? using

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2021, 11:42:37 PM »
Yeah I read somewhere that the Ellen game show (Game of Games I  think it's called) has _ELEVEN_ COVID Supervisors.  As an education union negotiator I'm pushing for our district to install similar positions at all of the school site; they're basically employees who's sole job is to ensure that all COVID safety protocols are being followed at all times.  It's a position that makes 100% complete sense, IMO: most employees in jobs currently are busy 1) doing their job and 2) doing their job while thinking of all of the myriad of COVID safety-related changes they/we now have to follow.  I talked to a friend of mine that works on TV and film productions and he told me simply, "we're all focused on our own jobs so it makes sense to hire people to focus on everyone maintaining safety protocols: we can't all have Tom Cruise in our productions  :P "
I've been working as a Covid-19 Compliance Officer (C19CO) on film sets. Basically, SAG-AFTRA produced a plan called "The Safe Way Forward" last June and that along with California state and the counties/cities provides the guidelines for film, television, commercials, and music videos. For big shows and films, the Covid-19 team could be huge. You needed at least one C19CO per 16 people, you had to separate the set into zones, everyone had to be tested regularly, etc. The C19CO are not allowed to do anything to assist the production. They just monitor. On some shows you literally had a team of people who all day just went around wiping surfaces and door knobs and such. Another group who oversee testing. Everyone has to have their temp checked before arriving on set, so you had to have dedicated entrances and people to do that. All crafty has to be single use manufacturer sealed. Equipment has to be sanitized. Props have to be sanitized between any exchanges. No one can bring outside F&B on to set. Nothing communal. On some sets, coffee pots were not allowed. If people are within 6-feet of each other, in addition to masks they have to wear face shields. Some sets required double-masking. Everyday of every production had to have Covid plans for SAG and for the county/city you were shooting in. If there was a kiss, it required an additional special test the day of production and the two people kissing had to rinse their mouths with an oral cleanser containing hydrogen peroxide for 1-minute before and after every take that they kissed. It was nuts. With respect to Cruise, in general, you can yell at your child, but in any other circumstance it is uncalled for. Especially when you take into account the power dynamic between Cruise and the crew. And his ego and vanity. It was awful. With that being said, I have had tense days with crew members where f-bombs were dropped back and forth between us because they didn’t want to follow the covid rules. My biggest issue is that cast and crew should have the decency to respect that we are just trying to do our job. That's when I would get pissed. I'm just trying to pay the rent. I would have actors and actresses complaining to me for enforcing the rules that their union created.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2021, 02:55:23 AM »
I've been working as a Covid-19 Compliance Officer (C19CO) on film sets. Basically, SAG-AFTRA produced a plan called "The Safe Way Forward" last June and that along with California state and the counties/cities provides the guidelines for film, television, commercials, and music videos. For big shows and films, the Covid-19 team could be huge. You needed at least one C19CO per 16 people, you had to separate the set into zones, everyone had to be tested regularly, etc. The C19CO are not allowed to do anything to assist the production. They just monitor. On some shows you literally had a team of people who all day just went around wiping surfaces and door knobs and such. Another group who oversee testing. Everyone has to have their temp checked before arriving on set, so you had to have dedicated entrances and people to do that. All crafty has to be single use manufacturer sealed. Equipment has to be sanitized. Props have to be sanitized between any exchanges. No one can bring outside F&B on to set. Nothing communal. On some sets, coffee pots were not allowed. If people are within 6-feet of each other, in addition to masks they have to wear face shields. Some sets required double-masking. Everyday of every production had to have Covid plans for SAG and for the county/city you were shooting in. If there was a kiss, it required an additional special test the day of production and the two people kissing had to rinse their mouths with an oral cleanser containing hydrogen peroxide for 1-minute before and after every take that they kissed. It was nuts. With respect to Cruise, in general, you can yell at your child, but in any other circumstance it is uncalled for. Especially when you take into account the power dynamic between Cruise and the crew. And his ego and vanity. It was awful. With that being said, I have had tense days with crew members where f-bombs were dropped back and forth between us because they didn’t want to follow the covid rules. My biggest issue is that cast and crew should have the decency to respect that we are just trying to do our job. That's when I would get pissed. I'm just trying to pay the rent. I would have actors and actresses complaining to me for enforcing the rules that their union created.

Interesting.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2021, 09:52:11 AM »
Thanks for posting that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login . It's a really interesting insight into the situation on sets. Are all of those restrictions still in place, or have any of them been relaxed with the recent changes in state law and CDC recommendations?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2021, 12:51:36 PM »
With that being said, I have had tense days with crew members where f-bombs were dropped back and forth between us because they didn’t want to follow the covid rules. My biggest issue is that cast and crew should have the decency to respect that we are just trying to do our job. That's when I would get pissed. I'm just trying to pay the rent. I would have actors and actresses complaining to me for enforcing the rules that their union created.

That's pathetic.  You didn't make the rules.  You are just doing your job.  They should respect that.  When I complain to companies about some rule, I make sure the rep I'm talking to knows it's not about them.  I even say they have nothing to apologize for when they say they are sorry.  They didn't make the policy.  I have a problem with the policy, not with them.  Unfortunately they are my interface.

As others have said, an interesting read.  The kissing sanitization is nuts.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2021, 01:53:45 PM »
red carpet tonight at 7:30pm pt

tbh, this looks like a funny popcorn flick -- I'm in

When an Interpol-issued Red Notice — the highest level warrant to hunt and capture the world’s most wanted— goes out, the FBI’s top profiler John Hartley (Dwayne Johnson) is on the case. His global pursuit finds him smack dab in the middle of a daring heist where he’s forced to partner with the world’s greatest art thief Nolan Booth (Ryan Reynolds) in order to catch the world’s most wanted art thief, “The Bishop” (Gal Gadot). The high-flying adventure that ensues takes the trio around the world, across the dance floor, trapped in a secluded prison, into the jungle and, worst of all for them, constantly into each other’s company. The all-star cast is joined by Ritu Arya and Chris Diamantopolous. Directed and written by Rawson Marshall Thurber (Central Intelligence, Skyscraper) and produced by Hiram Garcia, Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia of Seven Bucks Productions, Beau Flynn’s Flynn Picture Co. and Thurber’s Bad Version, Inc., Red Notice is a stylish globe-trotting game of cat-and-mouse (and cat).

trailer

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2021, 10:10:45 AM »
the matrix reseraction tix are now on sale for christmas opening

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »
the matrix reseraction tix are now on sale for christmas opening
Technically the Wed. of Christmas week (Dec. 22). 
#OCDPedantic