Author Topic: badge Resale lottery! 2013  (Read 74105 times)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
Re: badge Resale lottery!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
Haven't paid close attention to this since I was lucky enough to get tickets.  Will they be selecting lottery winners in waves?  I'm assuming after they send out the first wave of winners they have to wait to see how many tickets are actually purchased (0, 1 or 2 per person selected).  There could still then be some left over and another wave of winners are announced and so forth until all are sold.  Can't think of how else they would do this.  Any other thoughts?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There may be a workaround for ppl with 4 day badges to help others. My husband for example has a member ID but is not attending. If he enters the lottery, I wonder if he (I) could purchase for others without purchasing one for him...

Do you think CCI would allow this? Thoughts?

Maybe I'm just paranoid but I wouldn't want to risk anything that would get me in trouble for future Cons.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: badge Resale lottery! 2013
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:57:53 AM »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »
Recieved the message also. I am SOOOO GLADDDD that I was able to get my badge in the Priority Sale. Whew... I like to gamble, but the odds might be close to winning the lottery... the real lottery... 100,000 to 1???

Bsides the obvious, I wonder how they will offer the winners of this lotery? Will they just send a link and buy what you want, or will it be a free for all for just the winning people? What happens when Saturday badges are gone? Will they continue to offer the other days? Will there only be 3100 winners?

Lots of questions...

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 11:34:23 AM »
Maybe I'm just paranoid but I wouldn't want to risk anything that would get me in trouble for future Cons.

I know I don't want to get into trouble for sure. I guess I'll just sit this one out. Good luck everyone!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
Haven't paid close attention to this since I was lucky enough to get tickets.  Will they be selecting lottery winners in waves?  I'm assuming after they send out the first wave of winners they have to wait to see how many tickets are actually purchased (0, 1 or 2 per person selected).  There could still then be some left over and another wave of winners are announced and so forth until all are sold.  Can't think of how else they would do this.  Any other thoughts?

The way the email is worded and what people are saying above about having to select days, I'm guessing that they will allocate set badges for people and then notify them. Also, it says in the email that *your guest* does not have to be in the drawing pool to participate. That strongly implies that the purchaser does.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2013, 11:40:20 AM »
There may be a workaround for ppl with 4 day badges to help others. My husband for example has a member ID but is not attending. If he enters the lottery, I wonder if he (I) could purchase for others without purchasing one for him...

Do you think CCI would allow this? Thoughts?

I would say no. The priorty sale people recieved a link to buy a badge and only our member ID could open the page and then the 1st badge had to be purchased for that person. The second badge was whoever.

Offline Gem1

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »
From the way they explained it on the page after I entered it sounds like if you get selected they will tell you the date/time/instructions of the badge resale.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:54 AM »
Ill be trying to get a badge for a friend of mine. I'll only need the one badge, so if another person just needs one badge, we can team up to improve our chances by 50%! Lottery pool style.

Just send me a PM by tonight.

Update: Teamed up with someone already.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:51:36 PM by Jopari »

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »
Wow!!!  Just read the e-mail from Comic-Con!  So much for trying to help out since I will not be eligible for the Lottery!  :(

So relieved I was able to get me and my daughter badges from the Priority sale!  I hate Lottery type sales...never good to me! 

A big heartfelt Good Luck to all those trying to get those badges!   I hope it all works out for you.

I'm hoping this isn't a sign of things to come in the future...and as conventiongeek states...so many questions!

Offline krod

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2013, 11:47:25 AM »
So I'm guessing this will be similar to the priority resale

Offline Arogers8388

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »
How many thousands of entries do you think they have so far? :) I'm staying positive-things worked out well for two of my group thanks to the priority sale and now that we've entered our third person in this sale, there's nothing we can do but wait and hope this turns out in our favor too!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »
FYI, only open to the US and Canada.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2013, 12:08:14 PM »
FYI, only open to the US and Canada.

Really? Wow! I was actually scheduled to help someone from Australia get a Saturday badge. She already has the other 3 days and is flying in. That seems a bit discriminatory. I wonder what the reasoning is?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
    • You Fancy Me Mad
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »
I know lottery/raffles laws/rules are crazy. Most don't care to look them up but when I did a raffle on a personal blog years ago someone pointed out local rules.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »
Really? Wow! I was actually scheduled to help someone from Australia get a Saturday badge. She already has the other 3 days and is flying in. That seems a bit discriminatory. I wonder what the reasoning is?

Maybe legalities of a lottery.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!