Author Topic: SDCC 2024 - Deadpool and Wolverine  (Read 504 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
SDCC 2024 - Deadpool and Wolverine
« on: February 11, 2024, 05:56:21 PM »
It'll be released on 7/26

I know it's a long shot, but...Thoughts on maybe some kind of viewing at Comic-Con? 
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Re: SDCC 2024 - Deadpool and Wolverine
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:40:55 AM »
Bummer on the date, I'll have to see it the weekend after and hope for no spoilers.

Generally, if it opens that week there isn't anything, but this is Deadpool.  So all bets are off and anything can happen.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:01:55 AM »

Offline MandoSaves

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 09:52:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It'll be released on 7/26

I know it's a long shot, but...Thoughts on maybe some kind of viewing at Comic-Con?

As much as I'd want for there to be a Deadpool viewing/panel, it's highly unlikely. I think that Disney will have some kind of presence of Deadpool at Comic Con, but just not in the form of a viewing/panel. Instead, I think there'll be like an offsite or swag given away at their booth.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 10:37:44 AM »
As much as I'd want for there to be a Deadpool viewing/panel, it's highly unlikely. I think that Disney will have some kind of presence of Deadpool at Comic Con, but just not in the form of a viewing/panel. Instead, I think there'll be like an offsite or swag given away at their booth.

Something along the line of toilet seat covers...Like the last time.

I still have mine.   ;)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 11:18:36 AM »
That'd be fun, and it's a totally bummer that the SAG & WGA strikes meant we never got what would've been a classic Hugh vs Ryan Hall H panel last summer.  The first DEADPOOL movie had a great panel, with Ryan Reynolds & TJ Miller riffing back & forth throughout (in what mostly devolved into pretty awesome not-really-family friendly jokes).  I'm not a huge Deadpool comic fan, as I think that's a character that only works with outstanding writing; but after seeing that first panel, I figured if the movie was even half as fun as the panel it would be gold, and the movie didn't disappoint me.  I was bummed there was no panel for the sequel, and I'm still holding out slight hope that Ryan & Hugh will make an appearance, presuming Marvel has a Saturday panel, just for fun.  For Reynolds especially, with everything he did to get that first movie made, I kind of really want him to be able to enjoy the spotlight in Hall H; he never really got his 'victory lap.'

Of course, I suspect he'll play into the SECRET WARS movie (which is referenced in this shot of the trailer w/Deadpool lying on the white ground, before Wolverine's shadow appears there's a wide shot where a Secret Wars comic book is shown next to Deadpool  :D )

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2024, 08:56:39 AM »
Bummer on the date, I'll have to see it the weekend after and hope for no spoilers.

Generally, if it opens that week there isn't anything, but this is Deadpool.  So all bets are off and anything can happen.

Can we dream of a Reynolds and Jackman sighting at SDCC/Sand Diego then ?

If anyone is wearing Deadpool in the exhibit hall I am definitely going to look at that person and see it has a possible body shape of Reynolds.  You know they might dress and roam the floor.  I love hearing those stories like when Radcliffe was Spiderman or Filoni was Plo Koon.   

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2024, 09:21:39 AM »

I mean Captain America: The First Avenger came out the same weekend as SDCC and they went all out with tons of screenings and giveaways along with the cast and other pre-show activities.

However, the lack of movie theaters down town now does SUCK.  Unless they go like the Bobs Burgers route and bus people to another location, I can't see there being any type of large showing for lots of people.  Our best bet at this point does appear to hope they go the Star Trek: Beyond route and use the Shell.

Offline Tycon22

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2024, 07:52:14 PM »
Definitely a dream. I was disappointed they didn’t do anything for Barbie but fingers crossed for Deadpool.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 08:05:05 AM »
I mean Captain America: The First Avenger came out the same weekend as SDCC and they went all out with tons of screenings and giveaways along with the cast and other pre-show activities.

However, the lack of movie theaters down town now does SUCK.  Unless they go like the Bobs Burgers route and bus people to another location, I can't see there being any type of large showing for lots of people.  Our best bet at this point does appear to hope they go the Star Trek: Beyond route and use the Shell.
There are no theaters in downtown now, right?  I know there was one at the old Horton Plaza.  My wife and I like to see a movie when we are at SDCC if there is a new release.  We don’t get to the movies often so a release of Deadpool 3 during SDCC is perfect timing for us.  I’m guessing we will have to drive to a theater.

Offline Xio

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2024, 09:09:33 PM »
There are no theaters in downtown now, right?  I know there was one at the old Horton Plaza.  My wife and I like to see a movie when we are at SDCC if there is a new release.  We don’t get to the movies often so a release of Deadpool 3 during SDCC is perfect timing for us.  I’m guessing we will have to drive to a theater.
Yup, was hoping to catch a Barbie showing one night since it opened that weekend, but nothing within a reasonable distance, sadly.

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 08:10:53 AM »
Yup, was hoping to catch a Barbie showing one night since it opened that weekend, but nothing within a reasonable distance, sadly.
It’s a shame.  I wonder what the economics are that make a movie theater downtown so difficult.  Anyway, we likely won’t feel up to driving anywhere during the con, so seeing the movie while we are there seems very unlikely now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2024, 02:19:36 PM »
It’s a shame.  I wonder what the economics are that make a movie theater downtown so difficult.  Anyway, we likely won’t feel up to driving anywhere during the con, so seeing the movie while we are there seems very unlikely now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most real estate/space, I think.  Running a movie theater is expensive, with a fairly small profit margin for non-big chain theaters.  There are huge theaters downtown, such as The Balboa theater, that hold 1k+ that could sufficiently hold 'big' screenings: that's right by where Horton Plaza used to be (though not the movie theater chain that used to exist there, that movie studios utilized in the past).  Spreckles theater (where Conan O'Brien would tape his show) could also do a big movie event.
Downtown, offhand, I can only think of:
* The Lot at liberty Station: about a 15 min drive
* Digital Gym Cinema, indie cinema about 15 min drive