Author Topic: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019  (Read 19890 times)

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
Re: FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2019, 12:04:59 PM »
So like a 1000 then?

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2019, 12:12:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So like a 1000 then?

Not sure if you're joking but no.  Post count was not the deciding factor.  People with low post counts are part of the exchange and some people with high post counts are not.  Very few people here have over 1000 posts.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 11:00:25 AM »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
[member=2790]cciveg[/member] You can see the private area, right?  You should be able to.  It was open for over a month before the sale.

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2019, 12:22:21 PM »
But there will be an overflow? I know it's not likely, but I found the forum late last year, and actually managed to find a room at the Westin Gaslamp through that second spreadsheet. It was a lifesaver that I am eternally grateful for.

And yes, I know the forum stays pretty active. I was here of and on! I just didn't say much. Clearly that was a mistake.

I’d say keep your eyes on the forum. I was not in the hotel exchange last year(too late to the party), but did end up with a room I didn’t need. Since I couldn’t put it in the spreadsheet, rather than let it go back to On-Peak, I offered it up in the thread as a sort-of unofficial “exchange”. I know a few others did the same.

There can be rooms that languish on the spreadsheet for one reason or another. They tend to be offered up at the last minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2019, 12:27:10 PM »
Dumb question, but if I was able to fill out the form this year, does that mean I have access to the private area?

I can’t see that area, but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place or was ineligible.

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2019, 12:28:23 PM »
Dumb question, but if I was able to fill out the form this year, does that mean I have access to the private area?

I can’t see that area, but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place or was ineligible.

Yes.  The form was only posted in the private area.  If you filled it out outside of that, we would have caught it. 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »

The area that had the link to the form is the Private Area :)

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
FoCC Hotel Exchange 2019
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »

Yes.  The form was only posted in the private area.  If you filled it out outside of that, we would have caught it.

Ha! Okay. I needed to use my eyes I guess. I found it!

Also, great because I like my odds of being able to help someone out this year.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 12:32:30 PM by clarrkkent »

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2019, 05:20:28 PM »
if last year was any indication, there will probably be less excess rooms this year.
traditionally we have not had an 'overflow' thread. I think that will depend on how the sale is going. Remember most folks, if they have an excess room tend to give it to folks they're familiar with- like in their buying groups etc.

re participating more, during the year we have a fair amount of other topics to contribute too. Local con's, media shows both movies and tv, collectables or just random chat- about the wacky world of non-geeks (so called 'norm's'  see that is  coming back to you [member=3]Chris[/member]).

Norms.  :)

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »
[member=2790]cciveg[/member] You can see the private area, right?  You should be able to.  It was open for over a month before the sale.
Yes, thank you TardisMom! I did, but neglected to enter my data. But that part was on me, as they say. I hope you have good luck with your lodging choice.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2019, 12:29:04 PM »
Yes, thank you TardisMom! I did, but neglected to enter my data. But that part was on me, as they say. I hope you have good luck with your lodging choice.

Good luck to you, too!!

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #86 on: April 15, 2019, 09:11:50 AM »
Not sure if you're joking but no.  Post count was not the deciding factor.  People with low post counts are part of the exchange and some people with high post counts are not.  Very few people here have over 1000 posts.

I am glad this is how it was done.  There are other sites where they go hard line #posts and year.  And while that makes it very clear who is eligible and who is not.  it also creates a lot of fluff posts and what not.  And I totally understand those who believe (and are true) they posted enough legit or been here long enough to be in the hotel list.  And having that feeling I empathize and that sux.   

Honestly maybe I have a different point of view.  Being "deemed" eligible for the hotel exchange is a privilege.  Not a right.  And its their call.  Honestly its the moderators and founders playbox.  Its their labor of love and the core of it is they can honestly do what they want to do with it.  I know that can construed as a little harsh but this is not an official comic-con site where they are required to follow any rules but their own and they do their best to have us enjoy talking about our nerd stuff and help each other out. 

I loved last year.  I get a lot of information here every year.  And try to give it or hotels when I can (whether people want it or its useful or not).  I got and have given hotels here (from a very generous person (theNeck) and to another member).  Another great experience I had last year was someone wanted the lego falcon that i was fortunate to win in the lottery. 

While I am a Lego and Star Wars fan.  I had a higher preference to experience a conan show with the aquaman cast.  I post here.  Someone was willing to trade their extra tickets to conan for my lego falcon which i offered.  When i met up with them she wanted to pay me for the falcon.  That really go to my heart to be honest.  They gave me the experience of conan i would not have had (it was incredible and a highlight) for the "opportunity" to buy the lego falcon from me.  I said um you can have it lol.  That in a nutshell was what focc was.  Creating win-win scenarios.

Anyhew.  Sorry for the long post.  I still consider myself a newb here but I truly try to appreciate how this place has enhanced my nerd and sdcc experience.  Creators and mods thanks for all your work and time and efforts.  It is so appreciated and I speak for many i believe. 
 :-\

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #87 on: April 15, 2019, 10:43:09 AM »
I don't see the private hotel exchange form so I'm not part of it. This I understand. However mods, in the event where I have an extra hotel to offer, where in this forum can I offer it?
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #88 on: April 15, 2019, 11:23:32 AM »
I don't see the private hotel exchange form so I'm not part of it. This I understand. However mods, in the event where I have an extra hotel to offer, where in this forum can I offer it?

Check your PMs  :)

Offline parrity

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2019, 01:04:15 AM »
Check your PMs  :)

I understand I'm new here as well, but I may have extra hotels to offer tomorrow as well.