Author Topic: Star Wars Galaxy Edge opening May 31 @ Disneyland, August 29th @ Disneyworld  (Read 34367 times)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Micechat is where I got the info that the right keeps breaking actually haha.  It's near the bottom of the post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Ahhhh, yep. Doesn't surprise me. That's definitely the forum to watch to keep your eyes on insider information and intel.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Which is a bit more than we were speculating back a few pages.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
John Williams in Disneyland: The Story Behind His ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Theme

For only the second time in more than four decades of “Star Wars” music, legendary composer John Williams has written a new theme for a “Star Wars” project that is distinct from his film scores for those galaxies far, far away.

Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the much-anticipated attraction that will open at Disneyland on May 31, inspired the five-time Oscar winner to pen a five-minute “symphonic suite” that musically encapsulates the remote outpost on planet Batuu along with the various outlaws and rebels that parkgoers will encounter there.

Interviews with those closely associated with the project say that Williams’ participation was a long time in the planning stages. Matt Walker, executive in charge of music for Walt Disney Imagineering, tells Variety that since the outpost didn’t exist in the films, it would need “its own score, one that belonged to it, but of course lived within the universe of John’s writings for the films.”
for more click on the link

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
This site has price listings for a lot of the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.   Looks like most of my purchases will be from the Toydarian Toymakers. 

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
This site has price listings for a lot of the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.   Looks like most of my purchases will be from the Toydarian Toymakers. 

wow, going all out with the merch.... //thats a lot of stuff
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary

Oh darn. The website is blocked at work.  But I can feel that emoji that's a dollar sign with wings flying away DEEP IN MY BONES.  I'm going to hemorrhage so much money there before I even get to SDCC.  I'm already aiming for the $200 lightsaber and I really really should not.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Oh darn. The website is blocked at work.  But I can feel that emoji that's a dollar sign with wings flying away DEEP IN MY BONES.  I'm going to hemorrhage so much money there before I even get to SDCC.  I'm already aiming for the $200 lightsaber and I really really should not.

You can bounce off of a Web proxy to get around blocks.  That is unless the Web proxies are blocked too.  Beware to never type any personal information into a Web proxy.

If you are into FX lightsabers, a couple are on sale at Barnes and Noble right now for less than $50 that normally sell for $200.  Stock is gone online and low in a store now since it's been this price for a few days.  But it never hurts to check your local store.  You do have to order it online for in store pickup to get these prices.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Someone over on a Disneyland forum posted a detailed write up of the land from a cast member preview.  Full thread You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

You can bounce off of a Web proxy to get around blocks.  That is unless the Web proxies are blocked too.  Beware to never type any personal information into a Web proxy.

I can't set up proxy's on my work computer unfortunately.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
I can't set up proxy's on my work computer unfortunately.

There's nothing to setup with a Web proxy.  It's just a website you go to.  You go there and then enter the URL you really want to go to and it acts as the middle man.  For example a well known Web proxy is translate.google.com.  You used to be able to use it as a general Web proxy but Google got hip to that and now only allows you to use it if the target language is different from the source language.  Before it would let you translate form English into English so it could be used as a general proxy.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
There's nothing to setup with a Web proxy.  It's just a website you go to.  You go there and then enter the URL you really want to go to and it acts as the middle man.  For example a well known Web proxy is translate.google.com.  You used to be able to use it as a general Web proxy but Google got hip to that and now only allows you to use it if the target language is different from the source language.  Before it would let you translate form English into English so it could be used as a general proxy.

Not to derail too much, but I'll just say I don't currently know of any unfortunately.  I apologize if I got us off topic.  Was mainly just saying even sight unseen I know I'm going to be dropping loads of cash haha

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
Not to derail too much, but I'll just say I don't currently know of any unfortunately.  I apologize if I got us off topic.  Was mainly just saying even sight unseen I know I'm going to be dropping loads of cash haha

There are plenty of them.  Just type in "web proxy" into your favorite search engine.  I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone has problems looking at something because of blocks.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
Checked a few proxy sites and they are all blocked. But thank you!  Sorry for the derail!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003

#DisneyParksLIVE: Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Dedication Moment video replay

start at 4:29
special guests appear starting at 19:40

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
just a heads up

both me and [member=2389]Mario Wario[/member] will be doing GE tomorrow, opening day.
I will be posting in this thread pic's etc all. We do plan on doing a write up for the blog but i usually like to include folks as it's happening.

we've got reservations between 11am to 6pm PT.

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
Looking forward to your report, Alyssa!

Seems like you guys have 2 slots, an 11-3 and a 2-6?  I’ll be curious to know how they handle this and whether you’ll need to go 2 separate times to pick up wristbands?  I have the same situation with an 11-3 and a 2-6 when I go in June.