Author Topic: What do you do?  (Read 46115 times)

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
What do you do?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2017, 04:28:16 AM »
I work in the Technology Audit arena. Wore a few hats in the IT space over the years but more on the functional/process side - not too techie but can be dangerous. Also get involved in fraud investigations from time-to-time.

Mostly firefightering, providing advice, and pointing out issues - interesting stuff sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:42:21 AM by DRWHO42 »
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: What do you do?
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »
I'm a teacher.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 04:58:06 PM »

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2017, 08:15:18 AM »
I'm the Business Manager of a New Car Dealership.
Payroll, financial statements etc.  That's why I can never get off work anywhere near the first of the month!

Offline justboogie

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 161
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2017, 10:31:03 AM »
I'm a safety inspector working at a nuclear power plant, sector 7-G. My friend, Moe, owns his own bar near downtown so a few buddies of mine, Carl and Lenny, go down there for a few drinks.

But Simpsons references aside...I'm a social worker.  ;D
"I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?"
-Homer Simpson

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 12:15:22 PM »
I work in the music industry as a data analysis.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
I work for a company that provides in-home support for seniors and the disabled.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 10:43:55 PM »
I'm a paralegal generally specializing in litigation in California. Mainly civil but I have a fair bit of experience in criminal defense as well, from a previous job. However, my current firm doesn't handle criminal cases, so at least I often don't deal with as many clients that just make you think "wtf" when you read the statements. Of course that doesn't mean I don't do that all the time still. At least now it's not usually because of my clients but instead the conduct of the other party.

Basically that means, I'm the one that drafts hundreds of pages of discovery requests, answers them, and motions and such constantly. I'm one of the main contacts for opposing counsel and the person that they probably hate because they know I'm the person sending hundreds of pages every week.

Currently I'm not at work due to severe medical issues and I'll probably not be back to it until the new year.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 11:27:01 PM »
I'm a graduate student about halfway through a Ph.D program in Communications. So aside from preparing for my comprehensive examination and eventual dissertation research, I either serve as a teaching assistant or a graduate instructor for undergrad classes.

Offline spritegirl24_7

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2017, 05:16:36 AM »
I'm a high school Chemistry teacher. (No, I don't have a cool side job making meth.)  I've taught all levels: regular, Pre-AP, AP, and IB. Going back to Pre-AP & IB Chem next year.

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
I manage a museum shop in New Orleans. (That sounds much simpler than it is. Museum life is...a challenge.)
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I work at the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Times are pretty tough here, but feel free to contact the Silly Walks division 5 if you feel you've invented a walk silly enough to be granted government funding.

All jokes aside I do the following: Work on film & TV sets for acting, crew & sometimes stunts.
I have other jobs for when I have no film/tv contracts 1) Verifying Commercial insurance for outpatient services at a hospital. 2) Marketing for Hot Topic & PRN for my local HT store and 3) I'm a Genealogist who does research for all kinds of families. I offer no charge for loved ones of Victims of 9/11 unless I'm required to travel. I offer no charge for Holocaust survivors or relatives of survivors & victims unless I'm required to travel.

...... and That's Me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2017, 07:38:20 PM »
I dress up like a giant spider at night and fight crime.  :)

Offline lilredrubi74

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 141
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »
I was a horse trainer for the US Army Caisson section at Ft Sam, we do the funerals with the horses just like the ones you see at Arlington National Cemetery. I've been training horses professionally since I was 16. But, I got cancer in my spine and lost my ability to use my legs, hard to ride without them 😉 I'm now going back to school to finish my Masters & Phd in Anthropology Archaeology, specialize in Mesolithic through Iron Age.

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 10:19:21 PM »
I was a horse trainer for the US Army Caisson section at Ft Sam, we do the funerals with the horses just like the ones you see at Arlington National Cemetery. I've been training horses professionally since I was 16. But, I got cancer in my spine and lost my ability to use my legs, hard to ride without them I'm now going back to school to finish my Masters & Phd in Anthropology Archaeology, specialize in Mesolithic through Iron Age.

Good luck & best wishes with going back to school. If I hadn't chose the path I did, my other choice was going to be going to Texas State for
Forensic Anthropology.

Offline ArkhamNightmare

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 10:20:18 PM »
I dress up like a giant spider at night and fight crime.  :)

Giant spider you say ......