Author Topic: the annual couch potato thread or what's your preferd 'get in shape' activity?  (Read 129169 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
breaking the bacon & potato chip addiction.....  :( :(
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline CaseyJones14

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 146
I'm a big Funko and Loyal Subjects collector so my favorite way to "work out" is to park really far away when I'm out shopping. It's silly, but you'd be surprised how much walking I get in from my weekly toy hunts  ;D
Casey Jones you better, watch your speed
Trouble ahead, trouble behind
And you know that notion just crossed my mind

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
every little bit helps....my biggest issue right now is constant pain in both my heels.... arthritis in my Achilles tendons...makes it tough to get moving sometimes
proper shoes go a long way to help with that
[member=1]alyssa[/member]  I love bacon and chips too.... but the sweet tea is the killer for me
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Sugar is my nemesis and I don't even know when that started! I used to not be that much of a dessert person. I can cut chips and pasta and rice no problem. But the sugar cravings are bad.

I know its all tied into my anxiety disorder and PTSD. I will have a great day where I eat clean and healthy and then it all falls apart around 9:30/10 pm when my anxiety really kicks in. Its all about that serotonin rush at night. So, I'm working on upping my workouts to sub in a different chemical reaction. And I just can't keep anything sweet in the house. I keep ingredients around but if I'm craving something at 10pm, I actually have to spend the time making it.  ;)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
every little bit helps....my biggest issue right now is constant pain in both my heels.... arthritis in my Achilles tendons...makes it tough to get moving sometimes
proper shoes go a long way to help with that

I'm having such a struggle with my wrists  right now. Its making even the simplest yoga poses difficult. Working on variations like but there's not a lot of variation for downward dog!
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
one of the tricks my sister does re sugar is to only eat 'home made' items- they could be neighbors/bake sales etc-
I like sweet but not sugar- if that makes any sense - like i'll eat a Cannoli but not a cupcake
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
one of the tricks my sister does re sugar is to only eat 'home made' items- they could be neighbors/bake sales etc-
I like sweet but not sugar- if that makes any sense - like i'll eat a Cannoli but not a cupcake

I've taken lately to thinking of my bakes as mandalas. The whole process of baking is so relaxing and meditative to me that I don't want to stop working on those skills. So, I make something. I try it for quality control and then I give it away to friends, bring it to the office, or just toss the rest. (I don't make crazy amounts of things that I'm wasting.) Its my meditative mandala. I work hard on it and then I wipe it away!

For the next few months, I think I'm gonna focus on bread baking rather than sweets to help too.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
my son works at a very creative bread type bakery-

I've got a half doz fav's. they have a Sunflower seed bread that is yummy ... a perfect side/starch for a soup dinner

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
my son works at a very creative bread type bakery-

I've got a half doz fav's. they have a Sunflower seed bread that is yummy ... a perfect side/starch for a soup dinner

Nice! that sounds excellent!!  I've loved learning to bake breads. I wish I had a fancier kitchen set up but they still come out delicious. I'm using Paul Hollywood's How to Bake book and he's so good explaining the basics.

I'm also sticking to just once a week bakes. I plan out what I want to bake on the weekend and that planning process also seems to help keep the cravings at bay. Like, I know I'll have a small treat on Saturday so hold out until then.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
I'm not losing weight so I now need to focus on diet but I'm holding strong for June

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
I'm also not really losing after dumping 5 pounds really fast. I'm hoping that is because I'm putting on some muscle from the workouts and the weight loss will start again soon.

Tomorrow I finish week 8 of the couch 2 5k program! My pace is terrible (compared to when I was running before) but it's getting there! I've been feeling some differences in my yoga the past couple weeks too. Getting further into poses than before and such. 

I've got some good 20 minute yoga routines that really focus on stretching out that I'm gonna load up on my tablet for post con stretching every day.

Offline tristanstewart

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
I'm also not really losing after dumping 5 pounds really fast. I'm hoping that is because I'm putting on some muscle from the workouts and the weight loss will start again soon.

Tomorrow I finish week 8 of the couch 2 5k program! My pace is terrible (compared to when I was running before) but it's getting there! I've been feeling some differences in my yoga the past couple weeks too. Getting further into poses than before and such. 

I've got some good 20 minute yoga routines that really focus on stretching out that I'm gonna load up on my tablet for post con stretching every day.

you may not be losing weight anymore, however if youre feeling better all around and getting better with the workouts thats a really good sign.

when i was doing yoga regularly i felt good throughout the day just from the stretching and all that. unfortunately i chose to stop when the teacher moved away and i didnt care for her replacement.

good luck to you. you still have a few weeks to go.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
I gained 15 pounds on our recent Florida trip and have dropped 6 pretty quickly since we got back... but I'm working on the remaining 9 now. I'm pretty much living on chicken/white bean soup (high in protein) and apricots from our backyard tree.

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
I gained 15 pounds on our recent Florida trip and have dropped 6 pretty quickly since we got back... but I'm working on the remaining 9 now. I'm pretty much living on chicken/white bean soup (high in protein) and apricots from our backyard tree.

My diet is so boring right now but it really does help keep me in check! I'm basically on soy burgers for dinner with veggies and a boring chicken sandwich for lunch with fruit. I jazz it up every couple weeks by doing a dessert bake on the weekend. Something semi-complicated so I have to work for the sugar!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Hey, whatever works! I was doing keto over the winter, but the backyard fruit trees prevent me from doing that in the summer, so I'm just low calorie right now. It's nice to plan a few cheats though. Normally I have a cheat meal on the weekends, but since I just got back from the trip and I want to keep the momentum going, I'm going to be strict this weekend. Hopefully next weekend things will have improved.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
I'm upping my cycling game, at least that's the plan.  Logged 15.1 miles today and am shooting for 100 miles ridden over the course of the week.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"