Author Topic: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups  (Read 9152 times)

Offline Darxlot

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2019, 08:23:44 PM »
My father and I were also part of Christina’s group so please let us know if the group will be continuing this year.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2019, 02:28:28 PM »
Thank you for giving us notice with buying groups. I was also in Christina's group, and I'm sad she is unavailable for this years registration. Looking forward to working with whoever is selected as our new leader!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 02:38:45 AM »

Offline Dime-Baggins

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:55 PM »
If anyone has left and spots are open in any of the teams I would love to be a part.  I went to SDCC 2019 and am eligible for returning registration if there are teams for that also.  I realize that its a long shot but thought I'd throw that out there.   :)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2019, 02:37:49 PM »
UPDATE: PhantomDZR has taken over the group formerly run by Clambert1273. Everyone who was in Clambert's group last year should have received a contact from him. If you were part of this group and have not received this contact, please check the Buying Group section on the forums and/or contact PhantomDZR directly.

While we are still unable to take on new group members, we are happy to announce that the Team 2 groups from last year will be accommodated as part of team 1 this year.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 04:46:56 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2019, 04:03:30 PM »
Awesome! Thank you, [member=8357]PhantomDZR[/member] and all the team for your work, looking forward to another great group experience!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 07:17:58 PM »
Okay, another update... Clambert has been in touch and her medical issues are resolved sufficiently that she is now able to take over her group once more. Thank you to [member=7390]clambert1273[/member] for coming back to us, and to [member=8357]PhantomDZR[/member] for covering for her in her absence. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming sale!

Offline Brody038

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2019, 02:44:00 AM »
Just joined the forum a few mins ago and saw this. I want to join a group. But if your currents are full and not accepting new members. Why not form a 3rd? I myself am going to do whathever it takes to get sdcc tickets for 2020. I dont care if I have to make 30 different accounts and rent 30 pcs from an internet cafe I'll do it. Yes call me crazy for being so drastic. But I am willing to do what must be done haha!!! I'm spending over 6 grand on my next cosplay. I'll be going next year to sdcc as one of the ronin warriors.Not going to say which armor hehehe. But I'll say this I'm not using Eva foam for the armor.....Either steel or Aluminum.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2019, 07:05:08 AM »
Sounds like a great costume, Brody!

It is not as simple as ‘open another group’. We have a lot of tech backup behind our groups that supports them, and this limits the number of people who can be involved. We have a very limited number of people who can run these tech resources.

Additionally, CCI has thrown us some new curveballs, making it so that groups need to be composed of people who all trust each other, as personal information must be shared. Additionally,  if one person breaks CCI’s rules, the entire badge order could be cancelled, and innocent people could lose their badges or be banned.

While your enthusiasm is appreciated, it is not possible to participate in the upcoming returning registration sale unless you attended last year. For open registration, CCI’s policy is one Member ID per person. Creating multiple accounts violates CCI’s terms and can result in banning.

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »
So there won’t be anymore new groups created for next year as well correct, the groups that are already set up are closed and done deals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2019, 10:13:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So there won’t be anymore new groups created for next year as well correct, the groups that are already set up are closed and done deals?

We don't know yet about next year. All we know is that for the 2020 badge sales (both of which are likely to take place before the end of the year) that we will not be able to open the groups to new members.

Offline f22raptor

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 61
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
Just joined the forum a few mins ago and saw this. I want to join a group. But if your currents are full and not accepting new members. Why not form a 3rd? I myself am going to do whathever it takes to get sdcc tickets for 2020. I dont care if I have to make 30 different accounts and rent 30 pcs from an internet cafe I'll do it. Yes call me crazy for being so drastic. But I am willing to do what must be done haha!!! I'm spending over 6 grand on my next cosplay. I'll be going next year to sdcc as one of the ronin warriors.Not going to say which armor hehehe. But I'll say this I'm not using Eva foam for the armor.....Either steel or Aluminum.

Good luck with the aluminum or steel costume.  No one their right mind would do it.  It will be hot in July and heavy, since ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain.

Offline mildiii

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
Well then hmm. I wonder what I should do now.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2019, 07:22:45 AM »

ummm well at this late date i'd try and do an informal group with folks.
i'm in school for example and a number of folks would like to go to sdcc for a day so we're banding together
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2019, 07:35:04 AM »

Ask friends to help? See if there's a group formed on Facebook or Reddit?

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2019, 05:38:44 PM »
Good luck with the aluminum or steel costume.  No one their right mind would do it.  It will be hot in July and heavy, since ounces equals pounds and pounds equal pain.
not only that. The amount of money it’s going to cost him for shipping. If he lives far from the con or out of the country.