Author Topic: Random Chat  (Read 116822 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Random Chat
« Reply #555 on: July 26, 2019, 11:43:52 AM »
We dodged the hot weather last week.  It's been really hot since SDCC ended.  Like Bangkok hot.  Gone are the days of the dry heat in San Diego.  It's muggy.  Gone are the days of crystal clear skies.  There's those perpetual storm clouds looking east.  The emergency broadcast system even had to issue a flash flood warning. Rain in July?  My AC is on from 9am-9pm.  Normally I don't have to turn it on until about 2-3pm and it's off at 7pm when it starts cooling down.  It's the new climate.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #556 on: July 26, 2019, 12:00:55 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We dodged the hot weather last week.  It's been really hot since SDCC ended.  Like Bangkok hot.  Gone are the days of the dry heat in San Diego.  It's muggy.  Gone are the days of crystal clear skies.  There's those perpetual storm clouds looking east.  The emergency broadcast system even had to issue a flash flood warning. Rain in July?  My AC is on from 9am-9pm.  Normally I don't have to turn it on until about 2-3pm and it's off at 7pm when it starts cooling down.  It's the new climate.

Yeah, this heat is getting on my nerves too.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #557 on: Today at 04:51:17 AM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #557 on: July 26, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »

Sad. In 2012 when I went for the first time the weather was gorgeous just like you described. Since then it's been getting worse every year.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #558 on: July 27, 2019, 11:48:16 AM »
Today is my first day back at work and it was very hard to get up this morning!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #559 on: July 28, 2019, 08:48:32 AM »
Today is my first day back at work and it was very hard to get up this morning!
you have my sympathy. I kinda find it nice to get back to the routine of daily life tho. Hopefully once the sleep schedule is adjusted you'll find the same routine.

I am extremely grateful my only 'job' this month is selling old collectables on ebay and reorganizing my entire place in prep for fulltime school in Sept.- and getting ready for a week long camping trip with my mom & sister to the north rim of the grand canyon-
tbh, and with no disrespect to guys, it's going to be so nice chilling with the girls & no guy drama- i don't know what it is but all the guys in my family are high drama types.

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #560 on: July 28, 2019, 09:15:23 AM »
you have my sympathy. I kinda find it nice to get back to the routine of daily life tho. Hopefully once the sleep schedule is adjusted you'll find the same routine.

Unfortunately my sleep schedule is permanently f-ed. My job involves rotating shifts. Weekends are 12 hours (12-12), followed by a week of working 2p-10p, and then a week of working 8a-4p. I won't get a decent night's sleep for a while. The jet lag (and the getting home at 5a from SDCC) does not help.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #561 on: August 06, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »

The Comic-Con International Member ID system is temporarily offline for some routine scheduled maintenance. Please try us again later. Thank you for your patience.

& from Member ID Notices before that^^:

Comic-Con 2020 Attendee Registration

Did your child attend Comic-Con 2019 and would like to be eligible for Comic-Con 2020 Returning Registration? Children who attended Comic-Con 2019 with a paid adult attendee and were age 13 or older on or before July 31, 2019 may be eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2020 Returning Registration! Please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for instructions on how to complete the child-to-junior validation process by September 5, 2019. You will need the physical Comic-Con 2019 child badge to complete the validation process.

Comic-Con 2020 Returning Registration is open to Comic-Con 2019 paid attendees only. You may purchase badges for up to three people — yourself included — during Returning Registration. Each person you purchase for must have their own valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID and must be eligible to participate in Returning Registration. You may not purchase badges for others using your own Member ID.

If you did not purchase an attendee badge for Comic-Con 2019, you may participate in Comic-Con 2020 Open Registration. To participate in Open Registration, you must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. The Member ID system will close — without notice — in advance of Open Registration. Make sure you and anyone you wish to buy a badge for has their own confirmed Member ID well ahead of Open Registration. Please keep in mind that not all badges are sold during Returning Registration. There will be badges available during Open Registration.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #562 on: August 18, 2019, 01:12:51 PM »
random thought for all us introverts

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #563 on: September 08, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
PSA for those who had Thinkgeek reward points and received a Gamestop certificate: the expiration date is coming up within the next week. Use that money now!

I was able to spend my $$$ on a Harry Potter Advent calendar... :D

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #564 on: October 05, 2019, 10:44:28 PM »
I took a class on making build ups and it was neat! I love creepy makeup jobs. I just may actually take some classes for kicks!
I didn't know we were going to do a hands on class. This was my first time and without my readers. Not too bad. My friend thought it was real. Or he was just being nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #565 on: October 07, 2019, 12:04:20 PM »
I took a class on making build ups and it was neat! I love creepy makeup jobs. I just may actually take some classes for kicks!
I didn't know we were going to do a hands on class. This was my first time and without my readers. Not too bad. My friend thought it was real. Or he was just being nice.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Miss Kitty got bit by a zombie!   Aaaaaaaa!  Patient zero!   Aaaaaaaa!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #566 on: October 23, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »
Oh yeah!

"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #567 on: October 24, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »
always nice when a yellow lable comes back with a 9.8 ..... ;D :o

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #568 on: October 24, 2019, 02:27:46 PM »
Oh yeah!

Gimme

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #569 on: October 24, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
I'm waiting on the return of The Dark Knight Returns series, first printing, that I had Frank Miller sign...here's to hoping the same happens.  Dropped it off at NYCC, if the math works out, early January is when it's due back.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"